Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your favorite Strategist in Suikoden?
Albert Silverberg
10%
 10%  [ 27 ]
Apple
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Caesar Silverberg
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Dios
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Klaus Windamier
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Leon Silverberg
13%
 13%  [ 35 ]
Mathiu Silverberg
11%
 11%  [ 30 ]
Nash Latkje
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Salome Harras
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
Sebastian
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Jess
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Shu
38%
 38%  [ 104 ]
Total Votes : 268

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Your Favorite Suikoden Strategist Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who is your favorite Suikoden Strategist? Vote and explain why.
Such as--

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable?[/b]

Last edited by Vextor on Tue May 18, 2004 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

salome

he's different from the others because i can clearly understand his motives and that haircut... :P

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, out of those choices, I would vote for Leon. I like his character, and I think he's an excellent strategist. I love characters like him.

However, I won't be voting. (I said would vote :P) Not voting out of protest for the offensive injustice that a strategy poll would exist without Jess being on it. I am personally offended by Jess not being in this poll. Why, I ought to protest this entire site.

Well, maybe not. I'm too lazy. But I'll still do this: *shakes fist angrily at screen* Take that! :P
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, added Jess to the poll. Are you happy now?
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! *votes*

Very happy now. Thanks ^_^

(I forgot you can edit polls in phpBB. Heh. And don't mind me, getting up at 4AM has left me in a rather silly and weird mood.)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Klaus.

1) I'm not quite sure why I liked him, but it was nice to see a somewhat competent strategist with no known affiliation with the Silverbergs (Salome is another one, yeah, but he didn't make a good impression with me).

2) My favorite scene with Klaus has to be the Sierra encounter, but that's just for humor. It's actually not my favorite scene, but that's because it counts as a strategic action.

3) When it actually came to the main story, I enjoyed it when he was ordered to keep the Muse casualties to a minimum (it was Klaus who went after Jess and his men, right?). Considering how few sprites there were when Jess returned, I'd say he did a poor job, sadly. He has room for improvement, and under Shu's tutelage, he could very well be a Mathiu-esque compassionate, master strategist.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shu (Who isn't on the poll) is my favorite.

1) His strategies seemed to be the cleverest and the most well thought out. He also has by far the best personality out of all the strategists, so he comes off as more human than the rest.

2) They're all good scenes, but I'd say my favorite was when you recruit him. I don't know why, I just like it.

3) He had many good strategies, but his best strategic action would have to be the ambush on Luca, although he had some help from Jowy and Leon, it was still mostly his baby and is probably the most memorable scene in the entire series, not just Suikoden II.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I forgot Shu! I added him to the poll.
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tsk, tsk, tsk. SARSman is slipping :P

Anyway, explanation time.

I love Jess. That's all ^_^

Nah. I grew into him when I took his name at the Castle Of Kain back in 2000. He's a bit of a tortured soul, kind of character. I understand and empathize with him, as to why he acts toward Riou the way he does. And his self-pride. I understand that, too. I found out that he's so much a part of me. So much like me, in a sense. I just can't get rid of him, now ^_^

Plus, he's all sexy in his outfit ^_~ Who needs a big, muscular man when you have an intelligent strategist who knows how Fashionable those Ocre Pants can be ;)
Pac

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shu has the deepest character development of any of them, IMO. He's also the most unique, as he tends to see things differently from the others. His scene with Leon in the burning forest in Suikoden 2 is fantastic, even if they did botch the translation.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mathiu Silverberg

1. He was the first Silverberg Strategist introduced to the series. He's the one you usually think of when you remember a great Silverberg, besides Leon of course. His desire to not use his power for it would only bring bloodshed.

2. There was no particular scene I liked but he was always so positive, until his death. His faith in Tir was also motivating. I especially liked the scence he first learns of Odessa's death through her earrings and feels ashamed of not using his powers.

3. The boats made of ice! That was so weird! LOL! Well, honestly... the strategy used at Moravia where he informs Jowston about Scarlet Moon Empire and managing to capture Kasim & Griffith and freeing Warren (and Vincent)
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MAthiu

1.) His spelling of his name is really cool, and he seemed to care a great deal more than any of the others. (well i cant speak to suikogaiden stratigists) And i actulary was crying when he died. And despite his feelings to the contray i truly think he ould outwit and outmanver anyone,yes even LEon. If you were to face mathiu in a battle he would be like " I am the KOOLAID and also your DADDY, so get on your kneels bitches" and then he would bitchslap you.

2.) The scene that always comes in mind to me when i think of matiu is Liukan coming in the tent and mathiu dies there, knowing that he made things right and that he would see his sister soon.

3.) He just walks in to Morovia with (after bitch slapping griffith at the nothern checkpoint) griffithin tow and kasim hasil acts all bad and tries to get him to defect and mathiu strings him along. Untill his strategy is made lucent, he sent a letter to the city sates of jowstown telling them that the SME is planning on attacking them. They of course invade and mathiu says that the liberation army will allow no more than the senan area to be occupied. And then he turns around and demands kasim hasils defection. HE"S THE MAN

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
And then he turns around and demands kasim hasils defection. HE"S THE MAN

Agreed. I also agree that Mathiu would be able to defeat any other strategists, as well as Leon. Shu managed to outmaneuver Leon, and he was an expelled student.

I know Leon underestimated Shu of being too selfish to sacrifice himself. But the point is, Mathiu would let it be known that he would sacrifice himself and still manage to find a way to avoid any other bloodshed besides his own and defeat any other strategist. May he rest in eternal peace.
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shu, because he was willing to put his life on the line, when others would not. Now it may have been a stupid move, but it did work. Shu's got guts and you got to give him that.
Fragola

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd choose Shu because....

1. What makes this strategist your favorite?
Well, there's always the sentimental reason that he was the first Suikoden strategist I ever knew, since the first game I played was number 2. I also liked the fact that he always felt like "the cavalry" or something. Like if something went wrong, I knew he had my back! ^_^;

2. What scene do you like involving this strategist?
My favorite Shu scene is actually the scene that made him my favorite strategist, and this scene is pretty much the answer to all of these questions. It was the scene when Shu first arrives at the castle and he quickly develops a plan to deal with Solon Jhee, having Freed Y. infiltrate the enemy army and all of those things. For some reason, that scene really stuck with me.

3. What strategic action performed by this character do you find memorable
Same one as above! It was the scene that, for me, represented what The Power of Shu was like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: