Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play an off tank and my Guild (Valar) on the German PvP Server Mannoroth was very successful by raiding the 40 man instances, but I quit playing it, because Blizzard screwed up with BC. I stopped playing 3 Weeks before Burning Crusade came out.

I mean, come on, 25 men for fighting Magtheridon? Illidan, Vishi vashi, Kael'thas, the whole blood elf army AND the true draenei were required to fight him. And then the biggest mistake they ever did... horde paladin and alliance shaman.... nah... that was too much for me ^^ Since I do not play that game anymore I feel a lot better... no more yelling around in TS about "Hunter Items" and that stuff. I AM FREE!!!!
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I now have a 70 mage and a 70 druid....my roomate quit and gave me his charracter.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Adam, which server do you play on? I've been thinking about rolling a new character somewhere where I know people.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play on Elune and am in a guild called Steven Seagal Lovers. When you get on, send a in game mail to Vorlin. I'll get you invited.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guild now clears Kara in 1-2 nights (2 groups doing that), we've cleared Gruul a couple times and started working on Void Reaver in 'The Eye'. First attempts at him last night and its not all that hard its just tough to keep your DPS pounding while having to run around so much to avoid flares.

Once we down Void Reaver we'll be the most progressed original guild on the server. There was a ton of scrub guilds from Aman'thul that free xferred to Nagrand and are trying to claim server firsts.

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just thought i'd make a post on this game that's taken up so much of my life already.

WoW is an evil life draining demon, to be honest. But I still love it, somehow. I played a Paladin up until level 43 before I stopped playing the first time.

I started playing again a few months ago, as the Burning Crusade came out. I don't see making both sides have all classes as a bad thing really, it just made raiding and PvP a lot fairer imo. Horde were being pwnt in raids in comparison to the alliance, due to the Paladins amazing buffing skillz. But since the BC, Horde have actually dominated alliance.

Btw, i'm Horde, woot.

Not able to get back into my Paladin, I created a Hunter, now level 42, playing on the Anachronos realm. My only beef with the BC is that because of Blood Elves, there are now more and more of the people that seem to populate the alliance finding their way into the ranks. xD I'm not exactly alliance friendly, you can probably tell. =P
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well things have been going smoothly on WoW for me lately now that my warrior is also keyed for Kara, he still hasnt gone on a run yet but thats just a matter of time i assure you. Now if you want some real news, there is something going around in Germany that someone may have leaked out the name of the next WoW expansion, and that it may be announced this week at Blizzcon. Now since if it will be announced at Blizzcon, I may as well let you all know what the alleged name of the expansion will be. According to some sort of insider the name of the expansion will be "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King" indicating that Northrend, and Arthas trhe Lich King will be in the next one. Of course, Blizzard has said that they "Have not released any details about upcoming expansions at this time" so take it for what it's worth.

So this brings up the debate for us players, what is the likelyhood that the most powerful being in the Warcraft Genre next to maybe Sargeras will be killable in the next expansion? Personally I think since a Blizzard employee said it would take a Level 100 40 man raid to kill him, and that wont happen in one expansion, that they may just be adding it in. Kind of like you can fight him, defeat him, get crazy loot from a chest he leaves behind, but dont expect to see Frostmourne drop any time soon.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
So this brings up the debate for us players, what is the likelyhood that the most powerful being in the Warcraft Genre next to maybe Sargeras will be killable in the next expansion? Personally I think since a Blizzard employee said it would take a Level 100 40 man raid to kill him, and that wont happen in one expansion, that they may just be adding it in. Kind of like you can fight him, defeat him, get crazy loot from a chest he leaves behind, but dont expect to see Frostmourne drop any time soon.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Sargeras! I know you're not a lore nut like me, but there's no way we can match Sargeras, ever. The only thing on, in, or near Azeroth that can is the combined might of all Three Old Gods, and their chained "forever". We can't touch Sargeras, not now not ever.

Bleh, I feel like such an arrogant ass now...
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, then again they are swiftly running out of NPCs from the previous games to kill. 40 man raid of lvl 100 characters? Yay for releasing content noone will see.

Its kinda like Mt Hyjal now - I mean how awesome is that concept... being at the battle against Archimonde! But now that Black Temple is out, people are going to be going straight there and ignoring Hyjal. If they release Arthas and Northrend too soon people wont see Illidan either, progression will just ignore it.

As far as my own WoW experience is going, I've now got 3 T4 parts (helm, gloves, legs) and nearly the shoulders cept I got out-DKPed on them lol. We've attempted Magtheridon and Void Reaver, one or both should go down this week.

Personally I'm just getting sick of it. I mean the main reason I log in now is to raid because of the people that go and its fun. Its also frustrating having the whole raid wipe because someone DCs or screws up. Also I end up staying up till early hours every morning because most of our guild is in Perth and they're 4-5 hours behind me.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from it this week, if I don't miss it then I may call it quits.

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well what was originally just a rumor has now officiall been confirmed, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King is the new expansion coming out. On top of that several new details have emerged, some of which is pretty obvious information for those who play the game, while some will surprise you.

First off is the clear addition of the land mass of Northrend, this is a given as thats where Arthas aka The Lich King currently lives. Another given fact is that new quests, new locations, and the level cap have been increased with the cap going to be level 80. Now some new details.

There will not only be one entry point into Northrend, as there will be two different regions for starting out there. I dont recall the names just now, because I am doing this off the top of my head, and not looking at the information directly. It seems that the major city in Northrend, much like Shattrath in Outland will be get this Dalaran. Thats right the great city of the Kirin Tor will be moved through some sort of magical process to the land mass of Northrend.

In addition there will be a new proffession added into the game called Inscription, where you will be able to customize various skills, attacks and so on with new effects on top of what you already have. This will add a very interesting dynamic to the game to be sure, but that is mere peanuts to the last addition which they have so far mentioned which is......

HERO CLASSES! Thats right, they have finally decided to make some changes to various parts of the classes of the games itself. Not very many details are known just now, but the first one that has been announced through the demo video are Death Knights. Obviously playing on Arthas's transformation once he killed his father with Frostmourne, this will clearly be for paladins, but im pretty sure not specifically. I cant list all the details given so far about the class, but I do know you wont start from lvl 1,(likely somewhere between 55-70) and the class will have its own skill trees.

They have yet to announce any others, but frankly I am very much interested in seeing where all of this goes, might just bring back some of those people who have lost interest, then again maybe not.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GRRR!!! Of all the possible cities that they could use as a starting point for Northrend why does it have to be Dalaran??? Grr aren't they tired of messing with the Warcraft lore?
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

While I love the idea of finally being able to go to Northrend, I think it's far too early to release another expansion; I've heard rumors of it being released as early as March. The problem with that is, only a microscopic percentage of guilds have even seen Hyjal or the Black Temple, much less made any progress in either. When the expansion is released with the new level cap, Hyjal and BT will become like all the Azeroth raid instances; barren and abandoned. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sorry I missed the high-end Azeroth 40-mans I don't really want to miss Hyjal and BT.

The concept of hero classes is interesting, but it will depend heavily on how its implemented. Bad implementation could potentially ruin the game.

As far as my progression goes, I got tired of being shit upon as a rogue so I leveled a prot paladin to 70 and currently play him more than my rogue, simply because he's in more demand. The rogue looks like he'll become a farming/bank alt or something, which is disappointing. But at least tanking with the paladin is fun.

His name is Asch, and he's also horde on Feathermoon.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As soon as I unlock it I am so switching to Death Knight. I'm so sick of Paladin.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Fudozukushi I have some good news for you, your class is that which is geared towards becoming Death Knights anyway. I mean sure there will inevitably be other classes that will take this hero class, but it's seemingly designed for Paladins, so they will be on par as tanks with Warriors. They also seemingly have in the late stages the set ups for Hero Class Warriors and Priests, I dont know about priests but I can see Beserkers as a Warrior hero class. Beserkers in Viking armies were known for being able to withstand several attacks before going down, while causing massive damage to their enemies lines. So this would be upgrading warriors so they could actually be serious damage dealers rather than you know, being glorified meat shields.

Anyways Synchisi, I dont blame you for dropping your rouge, because most of the people that I know who play rouge's say they are absuredly tedious to grind with, not to mention level. They are good for pvp, but aside from that you cant really find a great deal of uses for them in early raids like Kara.(essentially they are secondary dpsers until you get out of Karazhan) Maybe their Hero class will be interesting enough to "force" people into lvling them.

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you're a bit confused about Death Knights Filipe.

Quote:
The death knight is the first hero class in World of Warcraft; once certain criteria are met, players will unlock the ability to create a new death knight character, which will begin play at a high experience level

Characters don't become Death Knights, you just do quest to unlock them and can then proceed to make a new Death Knight character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: