Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Character Questions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Character Questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am wondering what these characters are useful for:
Kate, Flare, Wendell, Mizuki, Helmuth, Goh, Mao, Nao, Pecora

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are not allowed to "bump" threads like this. Especially NOT after only waiting for 3 hours, dude.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't even consider that second sentence. Just don't do it.

Kate
Optional character, ninja. Dart-thrower. Great speed, average magic, low power.

Flare
Archer. Joins temporarily early in the game, permanently after retaking Ovelle. Never really used her, but she has low attack power, obviously.

Wendell
Optional character, mage. Supposedly the fourth most-powerful magic-user in the game (behind Ted, Jeane, and Warlock). It looked like her attack power wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fighter high.

Mizuki
Ninja. Claw-user, wielder of the Shrike Rune. Similar to Kate in stats, but less magic.

Helmuth
Koolulk Officer. Magic swordsman. Very balanced stats, and one of my personal favorites. I believe his weak point is luck, but don't quote me on that.

Goh
Optional character, Beserker. Fist-user. Never liked beserkers, so I don't use him. But I'll give you three guesses as to what his strong point is.

It's kind of hard to explain Mao and Nao, but I suggest visiting them often.

Pecora
Optional character, NPC. Interior decorator. Never even bothered with her.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry about the bump thing :oops: I will never do that again. Also, is Flare a magician type archer like Aila, Yumi, and Yuiri or more like JAcques in terms of magic. And what level does Kate reach her ability to use lv. 4 magic. Why did it appear to me that Wendell was not all that good (she looked a little trash like in appearance in the picture I saw her in) and yet she is supposedly good, that shows I am not a good judge of video game people...lol

Official Smoke Bomb User

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe she is magic-oriented, but it's not very high. Kate gets level 4 magic around the mid-40s.

And that last question is for someone like Junko Kawano.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wendell is one of those rare gems that has a hidden potential that is not reflected through a first impresion. Well, she doesn't have much in ways of story, at least this makes up for it. This is one the reasons how Kawano's characters are distinct from Ishikawa's designs where character looks wholly described usability.

As for Flare, she is definitely a better mage than Jacques. But nothing like Rubi or Tengaar.

Kate's an above average, but her good speed enabled her to cast spells pretty quickly. Most of the other pure mages (sans Ted) are among the slowest in your army.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And aren't Maxine, Katarina, and Conrad all excellent magicians also? What is Mitsuba good at and why does she remind me of Yuffie. Who is the worst male and female magicians in the game. So Flare is more like Mel in terms of magic ability (can be deadly but takes forever to get to level 4)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maxine, Katarina and Konrad are supposedly expected to be good at magic... their stories pointed that out straight away.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitsuba is a powerhouse-- all strength, nothing else.

And the worst male and felmale magicians would just be people with the worst magic. Something like Goh and Helga, for example.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also what do Natalie and Pam do? Is Snowe as good as I have heard he is?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe is all strength.

Natalie is your new Window Maker.

Pam sells meat buns with her husband, Kevin. It is said that these characters are closest to their original stars in Shui Hu Zhuan.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm not sure who told you Snowe was good. He's absolutely terrible.

True Friendship Attack is the only reason you'll ever want him in.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is what I thought and who out of Kate, Katarina,Maxine, or Wendell are the best healer and who is stronger (better) Mitsuba or Kika, I have already started to plan out my party being

Hero party: Hero, Wendell (need a healing mage), Mitsuba or Kika (whoever is stronger) and Kate Katarina or Maxine (probably Kate- she looks so damn cool lol)

Jeane party: Jeane, Ted, Warlock and Sigurd

I guess with all that said that I would like to know if I created good teams for the boss battle

Official Smoke Bomb User

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Put more attackers in Jeane's party.

There's no bad healer in the game, really. Just pick someone with good magic and speed. Usually Hero 4 and Ted are enough, since the Rune of Punishment is group-oriented (boss fights rarely have more than one enemy), and Judgment is the only Soul Eater spell you'll use against bosses.

As for Mitsuba and Kika, it's not easy to compare them. Mitsuba has nothing but power and luck, while Kika's advantages are skill and speed (her strength and magic are terrible). I'd pick neither.

From the looks of it, you're going to need more fighters in your group.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I probably will since I gear my teams toward magic not strength (in my final Suikoden 3 party it was Yumi, Nei, Chris, Sasaria, Hugo, Geddoe- all of them, except Chris had at least 1 lv. 4 spell- Nei, Geddoe, Sasaria all had 2 and maybe Yumi did also)

how is this
Heros Party: Hero, Kate, Wendell, and someone strong don't know who yet- any advice?)

Elanors party: Jeane, Ted, Sigurd and some one else (any more advice)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: