Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's still August, I know... NFL hasn't even started yet... but Yahoo! has put up their newest hockey offering. If you're interested in joining, reply back and I'll PM you the information.

I only really have three rules in pools I run. Try your best to show up for the draft (or tell me early that you can't make it), stay active in it and finally don't cheat.

This is a Yahoo! custom league with Head to Head scoring. Here's some more detailed information:
Quote:

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 16 12:00pm EDT (GMT -4)
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: February 22, 2007
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Min Games Played: 3
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

If you want to change the draft time just let me know... but let me know soon as all the good times are going fast. Or, if you want different roster positions... anything... let me know. I bumped the trade deadline up because I find the closer it is to the end of the season, the greater the chance of people unloading their teams to help their buddy.

If we can get more than 10 people involved, I'll bump the team amount to 12. 12 is the maximum though.

If you're interested reply back!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"

Last edited by fuji on Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in, an 8PM live draft on the day before my birthday may well be problematic for me though, I'm not sure what I'm doing yet for it so don't change it on my accord, it's just as likely I'll be out on the 15th or 17th itself instead.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll join, dunno how my work schedule will work out, but my pre rankings in a league last year left me with a team that was very good.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good stuff. I changed the time to Noon EDT (4 PM local time for PF). If that's still no good PF, let me know when you're free.

I'll be sending PM's right now

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still plenty of spots open; hopefully we can fill this league up before the draft starts

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm totally in on this. Hook me up Blas, I can't wait.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully this works better than when I tried last season.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope so. We're still needing some players. So if you guys know anyone in your nations that are hockey fans... why not see if they want to join?

So far we have 5 teams (including myself).

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there Blasphemy,i'm in send me the list of players available.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have 6 players now, which is the bare minimum. Hopefully we can get another 4 people to bring us to 10.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully, it would be best to have a couple more since it's never as much fun when everyone can almost pretty much draft a superteam, I like being forced to look for people who are on for breakouts. I've also never done a live draft so I'm liable to be rubbish first go and miss some gems.

That said people should be aware they don't have to be around for the live draft, there aren't so many people in this that an auto list, if you rewrite the basic one that Yahoo gives which is generally awful, won't get you a decent team together.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome to being a team G.M for anyone new to this,like me this could be interesting,good luck to everyone in this,i'm curious what's the prizes that can be won doing this pool?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never actually partook in a pool before, so I'll have to familiarize myself with the rules first. I'll let you know if it's something I can wrap my poor little brain around.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You learn as you go. I sure did. Most important rule, well maybe not most important, but all in all very important, don't just take players from your favorite team. That trick never works. Well, unless its baseball and they are the Mets or Yankees, but that would be a whole nother can of worms. Oh, and if it still was 1985, the Edmonton Oilers woulda been nice to have.

But you draft players and the more goals, assists and so on they get, the better you do.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Locke, and as for 1985 Oilers having them would be cool. But other factors that always creep in are injuries,and what kind of momentum your selections are on going into the regular season from training camp.

+/- ratings can be a good tool to use,along with their usual stats,say Blasphemy what's our player count last i heard it was 6,anymore armchair nhl gms join in on our fun yet.

This my first on-line pool for hockey,but i've been in the odd regular one in the past,but like any pool luck plays a very big role in how well your season plays out,which rules are you trying to familiarize yourself to Delsaber,if it's pool rules Blasphemy could tell you.

Can you pm me for Saturday's draft on friday Blasphemy,so i'll can pop on-line when i'm suppose to,thanks in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: