Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lots of talk, very little action to be honest. Holmgren met with him the other day to talk about the possibility of a trade or resigning him but they got nothing done and Forsberg wants to see how his foot holds up with the new skate insert. It's been ok so far but he won't waive the NTC unless he thinks he can play to the level he wants on it and for that same reason he will not resign yet.

The stagnant situation is hurting the Flyers more than anything, we need to know before the trade deadline one way or the other, if he's coming back and prepared to take a lower salary because of his underperformance this year, brilliant I'd love the guy to stay with Philly, he's one of my favourites but if he's just going to retire or walk to another team or back home after the year we need to trade him and get something out of the guy. I can't see why he wouldn't if that were the case really, he'd get a chance for one more cup and although he's won already I don't see why anyone would say no to one more chance at one.

As I say it's all a bit of a stalemate at the moment.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Small trades here and there so far,i seen Avery's trade in a email from nhl.com a few days ago,i'm waiting for big stuff to eventually start occuring soon.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week over and here is my little report thingymabob.

Tinto Titans 8
Nameless Enigmas 2

A convincing win for the Tinto Titans winning or drawing all the forward categories but struggling for goalie stats. Turco was pulled twice in a week and caused the Tinto Titans GAA all kinds of problems, still somehow the combined SV% of Turco and Lehtonen managed to top the trio of Fernandez, Giguere and Toskala. Both teams finished with highly respectable +/- stats of 29 and 24 with the Titans taking it. Perhaps the most telling fact of this match up is the Tinto Titans scored 66 points for the week, the highest of any team. Is a comeback on the cards for Exile's team? This week certainly didn't hurt those chances.

Highland Strikers 6
Kooluk Krushinators 4

The Strikers overcome the very good Krushinator team who still hold the league lead by a fair margin at this point. The strikers picked up the win by scoring high in key categories such as PIM and GWGs being the difference here, the Krushinator goaltending put up good numbers, 5 wins and .903 save percentage and a winning GAA for the week, while the Strikers couldn't match them for wins the did overcome the save percentage posting a .908%. Either would have won in the first game so the Krushinators were a little unfortunate here in some respects.

Locke's Empire 7
Mercenary Warriors 2

The tale here reads very much the same as the first match, the Mercenary warriors took the goaltending categories while Locke's Empire won out in the forward categories. As a result Locke sits above the Mercs in fifth position in the table at this time, the Mercs may be in last (sixth) position but it should not be forgotten that there is only an 8 point gap all the way to second place, a margin that can easily be made up with a couple of good weeks and fumbles from other players. It's still all to play for!

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My forwards production dried up during last week,hopefully they'll rebound this week.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beat the team ahead of me, yet my place in the standings didn't change. Thats odd

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I beat the team ahead of me, yet my place in the standings didn't change. Thats odd

The team you beat is now last place after that loss.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know, I just find it funny that the team that was in last jumped ahead of me.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I think we were even on points before that set of results so the 1 point more I got than you catapulted me a full two spots up the table, obviously that's good for me but I've got the leader to play this week so it's a tough'un.

I really can't believe how good my points score from last week were and I think this is the first time my team finished with more than +10 all season. I doubt my team keeps up at that pace but really, it's at least promising.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I know, I just find it funny that the team that was in last jumped ahead of me.

They must of had a really good week to do that,i'm hoping some my forwards will wake up and get going again.

I may ditch York shortly he's been invisible i may have to look for a solid left winger on the free agent list to replace him with,if i can find a player who can player multi-forward postions and is a solid point producer that'll be some sort of progress.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...I forgot to update my roster last week. Good job edging me out though Blas.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, now I know why when I was checking box scores last night I couldn't find Forsberg, he got shipped to Nashville.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tinto Titans - 3
Kooluk Krushinators - 8
Full credit goes to Scarlet here for kicking my ass this past week, I got off to a torrid start and after two days I was down 10-0 (didn't help I didn't dress Gagne as he had a goal and an assist but it's inconsequential in the end), then my team decided to pick up a little and even dropping Sykora for the hot lately Hejduk didn't help me get back into the game. Lots and lots of forwards having big weeks for Scarlet and his goalies doing enough.

Highland Strikers - 2
Mercenary Warriors - 7
Blasphemy has been telling Kipper and Vokoun to shape up all season and to be fair their numbers were pretty respectable I think but they just came up against Luongo and Brodeur. However Lonelion was allowed to nab both of them is criminal on the part of the rest of us! In truth the production of the forwards in this match up was very, very close, Lonelion winning 4-2 in those stakes thanks to a couple of SHP through the week from Jere Lehtinen and Vinny LeCav.

Locke's Empire - 9
Nameless Enigmas - 2
Again a result for Moon Knight that is closer than the actual score might indicate. He ended up losing most of the forward categories by only a couple of points and Locke's team put up an impressive number of GWGs this week 2 of the 5 coming from the red-hot currently Henrik Zetterberg. Can you believe Zetts is under contract for another 2 years at two-odd million? What an absolute bargain price for a legitimate top line player. In the goalie stakes, Toskala dragged red down a little but his guys still put up more wins at 3 for Moon Knight against 2 for Locke.

Looking forward to another good week of action coming up. Tinto Titans are planning a roster move soon so have a watch out for that if you're interested.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Tinto Titans - 3
Kooluk Krushinators - 8
Full credit goes to Scarlet here for kicking my ass this past week, I got off to a torrid start and after two days I was down 10-0 (didn't help I didn't dress Gagne as he had a goal and an assist but it's inconsequential in the end), then my team decided to pick up a little and even dropping Sykora for the hot lately Hejduk didn't help me get back into the game. Lots and lots of forwards having big weeks for Scarlet and his goalies doing enough.

Highland Strikers - 2
Mercenary Warriors - 7
Blasphemy has been telling Kipper and Vokoun to shape up all season and to be fair their numbers were pretty respectable I think but they just came up against Luongo and Brodeur. However Lonelion was allowed to nab both of them is criminal on the part of the rest of us! In truth the production of the forwards in this match up was very, very close, Lonelion winning 4-2 in those stakes thanks to a couple of SHP through the week from Jere Lehtinen and Vinny LeCav.

Locke's Empire - 9
Nameless Enigmas - 2
Again a result for Moon Knight that is closer than the actual score might indicate. He ended up losing most of the forward categories by only a couple of points and Locke's team put up an impressive number of GWGs this week 2 of the 5 coming from the red-hot currently Henrik Zetterberg. Can you believe Zetts is under contract for another 2 years at two-odd million? What an absolute bargain price for a legitimate top line player. In the goalie stakes, Toskala dragged red down a little but his guys still put up more wins at 3 for Moon Knight against 2 for Locke.

Looking forward to another good week of action coming up. Tinto Titans are planning a roster move soon so have a watch out for that if you're interested.

I wisely choice my goaltenders with my first 2 picks,while everybody else concentrated on forward power,i built my team from the goal out,nothing criminal about that.

It's old school hockey thinking,not this all-star game stuff they're trying to turn the nhl into now,i loved hockey better before,you had to fight through the tight checking to score,the hard work paid off.

I'm in tough this week though,after pulling that major upset over Blas's team.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My goalies are underachieving this season, throw in the fact they I had to drop Huet since he got hurt. Here's to Legace keeping up the pace he's one. Though from fifth to second in one week is not bad. And if this week goes really well I'll almost be in first place.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And the scores are in for the new week!

Tinto Titans - 7
Highland Strikers - 4
What can I say? It's a shame I don't get Emery's PIMs or it would have been 8 - 3 to me instead. Actually this is the first time across two leagues that I've beaten Blasphemy, he's had my number all year so I'm happy to have finally got the monkey off my back. Actually I'd got used to the monkey being there so it's strange to be without it now, Blasphemy the monkey I called it. Blasphemy made a bad call in not playing Nabokov because he had a shutout this week, can't really blame him when the alternatives are Vokoun and Kipper but still it's a decision that cost him a definite one point for the standings.

Locke's Empire - 8
Kooluk Krushinators - 3
Locke's good form continues as they take it to the league leaders to close up the gap. There is now a clear top two teams as opposed to a clear leader away from everyone else, the Forsberg trade probably helped in some respects, Peter took a ton of shots probably trying to make his mark on his new roster give him a little time and he could start lighting things up like the Forsberg of old (even if post-trade Upshall has outscored him so far 5 to 3 points). Marc Savard was the difference in the assist totals racking up 7 As on top of the 2 Gs that he popped in as well in a very impressive week for him. Scarlet's team still put up good numbers worthy of winning against any other opponent this week I believe, solid scores across the board but not enough to top the hot Empire team.

Nameless Enigmas - 5
Mercenary Warriors - 5
A very tight affair in this match up finishing just that way with a tied game. Vincent Lecavalier finished with a league high of 24 shots and 3 Kariya goals helped Lonelion take those two forward categories while the Nameless Enigmas led or tied all other forward categories. The difference for Lonelion in the end was his goaltenders again who put up good numbers. Something however tells me Moon Knight isn't checking his team and making changes though so it's rather impressive his team won anything, Moon Knight has 4 players with IR status and a goalie that is DTD, Afinogenov didn't play at all either, I think that he's hurt too but the Sabres didn't activate his IR status.

This week's matchups:

Tinto Titans
VERSUS
Mercenary Warriors

Highland Strikers
VERSUS
Locke's Empire

Nameless Enigmas
VERSUS
Kooluk Krushinators

By the way Lonelion, are you okay with me using teal as your colour or is there something not already taken you would prefer? I couldn't think of what to use for the mercenary and Highland already took white which I would use otherwise. Moon Knight is stuck with Purple because he was a Nameless Lander and that's what his name represents even if he's gone over to the mercenaries now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: