Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kooluk is taking a hit losing Spezza for who knows how long.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Kooluk is taking a hit losing Spezza for who knows how long.

That's a big blow to Kooluk's line-up,that might help me for next week with a good player like that going down unless he finds a suitable replacement,this week wound up a disaster for me a 10-2 thumping.

My team must've had their minds on the holidays and not the game they were playing.

So is anyone going to watch the world jr championships,i'm going to try to watch Canada's games and see what Craig Hartsburg does as the new coach.

I'll be working wednesday night and thursday night during a hockey tournament,always interesting watching players trying to play hockey while they're drunk.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This past week has been the most even set of match ups all season, the only person who didn't score 5 was Locke who managed a massive 6 against...Me! (dammit!)

Tinto Titans 5
Locke's Empire 6

Highland Strikers 5
Nameless Enigmas 5

Kooluk Krushinators 5
Mercenary Warriors 5

Now come on things can't get much closer than that can they, If only I'd managed to tie up one more stat and get Locke down to 5 as well. Sorry folks. Actually it's a bit of a testament to the competitiveness in our league I think, the scores are all very close not only in these match ups but in the league itself. I'm in last place joint with Locke and I don't think either of us are out of contention for catching the people in front of us entirely, a couple of bad weeks for the front runners and suddenly we're back involved.

It could still all go any which way by the end of things as we get closer to the trade deadline in the league and the playoff strech drive. Good luck to all!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was indeed a competitive week,the most competitive i've seen all year,2 ties and a game decided by 1 goal,that was amazing.

Plus all 6 teams have topped 200 points,with the trade deadline approaching plus roughly 2 months until the Stanley cup or in our case the SARS cup playoffs.

I'm having a blast doing this,it's good to see the lengendary Exile report return,good luck to you other 5 competitors as we head into the final stretch of the season,i'm starting to develop Cup Fever already.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had trouble keeping motivated while the Flyers continued to be the worst hockey team in the league, while their points total still says they are they're actually playing at a palatable level which allows me not to be completely embarassed about them. They currently have points in the last 5 out of 6 games but they've got some tough ones coming up, the Rangers and the Red Wings notably, the Leafs they should walk all over regardless because they're a horrible team with Bryan McCabe on D and a bad GM in the front office.

Also I'm doing much better in my other league! 6th place is shoddy.

Which reminds me, I have tons of wingers I could probably trade someone like Gagne, Smyth or Whitney for either a D, G or upgrade over what I have at C. Feel free to hit me with proposals, I can only turn them down after all.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some nice trade offer potential,Rob Blake hasn't lived up to his known level of play which is disappointing,i might be interested in moving him out for another defenseman,i'm still happy with my forwards performances,despite there ups and downs.

My goaltenders have been solid as expected when i selected them,i'm giving the remaining blueliners time to contribute more stats wise Dion Phaneuf has been doing really well playing on my arch-rival team Calgary.

I expect Pronger to get going again now that he's back from his injury.

Don't be too down on your Flyers,i know my Oilers seen alot of lean years before last years Stanley Cup Final appearance,it's always tough to watch when your team struggles and certain players under-achieve but keep the faith it's shows your a true diehard fan.

There is always next season,as for the pool you could easily shoot up toward the top the way the moment keeps changing,our pool league reminds me of My Oilers division a very tightly packed group where very few points seperate first place from last place.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There is always next season,as for the pool you could easily shoot up toward the top the way the moment keeps changing,our pool league reminds me of My Oilers division a very tightly packed group where very few points seperate first place from last place.

The northwest (I think I've got that right) is a great division, it was separated by only 5 points at one point although I think it's a little more spread out now but still what a competitive bunch. There's a positive to that in that the hockey must be great to watch, the games must be pretty tense encounters when that division's teams play each other but at the same time it must hurt the teams there because it is so competitive.

With all those teams being so close they are taking points from each other since they play so often while a team like Detroit in the Central division beats on the weaker Chicago and Columbus teams and accumulates more points from it. Not that Detroit aren't playing good hockey and aren't a good side in their own right but the current system is condusive to a slightly unbalanced playing field.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Quote:

The northwest (I think I've got that right) is a great division, it was separated by only 5 points at one point although I think it's a little more spread out now but still what a competitive bunch. There's a positive to that in that the hockey must be great to watch, the games must be pretty tense encounters when that division's teams play each other but at the same time it must hurt the teams there because it is so competitive.

With all those teams being so close they are taking points from each other since they play so often while a team like Detroit in the Central division beats on the weaker Chicago and Columbus teams and accumulates more points from it. Not that Detroit aren't playing good hockey and aren't a good side in their own right but the current system is condusive to a slightly unbalanced playing field.

Yes it's the Northwest Division,but i'm reduced to seeing the scores on sports highlight shows because i live in Eastern time zone and i work Saturday night's when they do get aired on CBC.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can trump that since I live in the UK, heh. I get one game on wednesday nights each week but I tune into Flyers games over internet radio feeds on the NHL.com site. It's far from a perfect way to go about things but I have to make do with what I can get, because the Flyers are bad they haven't had a single game showed here on the channel I get hockey on, it sucks.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe my team can stop its mimicking of the New York Rangers. Starting off well, and they falling flat on their face.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
I can trump that since I live in the UK, heh. I get one game on wednesday nights each week but I tune into Flyers games over internet radio feeds on the NHL.com site. It's far from a perfect way to go about things but I have to make do with what I can get, because the Flyers are bad they haven't had a single game showed here on the channel I get hockey on, it sucks.

Maybe Betman should put some teams in Europe,you guys over there love the game more than a number of U.S Cities that don't care about hockey.

The Nhl should workout a tv deal that shows more games on more nights in Europe,it's only fair.

This pool sure is Fickle,one week a set of teams dominate,the next week it's the other set,at lease no one misses the playoffs in our pool.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if they showed more than 2 or 3 games a week on Versus in the United States people would pay more attention. Heck, when my cable company had a free trial of their NHL package I watched the Islanders play the Rangers on MSG. The coverage on MSG was better than the coverage on Versus.

The NHL also needs to get its marketing in gear and do something like NASCAR did with its young drivers. Start to get guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Lundqvist, some of the international stars on national/international commercials.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Maybe if they showed more than 2 or 3 games a week on Versus in the United States people would pay more attention. Heck, when my cable company had a free trial of their NHL package I watched the Islanders play the Rangers on MSG. The coverage on MSG was better than the coverage on Versus.

The NHL also needs to get its marketing in gear and do something like NASCAR did with its young drivers. Start to get guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Lundqvist, some of the international stars on national/international commercials.

Plus let every team play each team in the league at lease 2 times(once in each others building)each season,then work out the conference and divisional stuff from what's left over.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the Avery trade will shake things up and get the Rangers moving again Locke, I'm not looking forward to the Flyers playing against him regularly to be honest.

Hockey's pretty popular across mainland europe, especially Sweden, Finland, Russia I even think it's pretty well followed in Germany but it's not very big in the UK at all. Our national team could have qualified for the olympics but the governing body wouldn't pay for our entry, the fans association offered to pay and the governing body still refused anyway.

I certainly agree with the sentiment of better marketing the league's young stars, it's quite obvious Crosby and Ovechkin will be top players in the league for the foreseeable future so getting their names out there and generating interest is certainly something that needs to be done.

The point you bring up, Lonelion, is something there's some discussion on as well. Having all the teams play against each other in a given season is something the owners in the west primarily would like to see - Crosby and Ovechkin games make the chances of a sell-out for the home team better so the teams that don't play the pens much lose out a little in that respect and some of the owners would like to see more of them. However there recently was a vote on schedule changes and it looks as if things will stay the same for now as the change was voted out by a majority of owners. Apparently it's a change Bettman has been pushing but has failed to get enough backing for.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bettman talked about that at the all star game. He said that the current schedule plan is a three year plan thats on year two. He said that after next season the way the schedule is put together can change, so who knows.

Oh, and any more news on the Flyers possibly trading Forsberg?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: