Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it helps that only two people even ended up attending the Live Draft. A couple of the people who signed up for the league were first-timers. I'm going to assume the way they preranked their players were favorite players of theirs first, then those in their home teams and true fantasy rankings third. I've been known to fall in the second category at times. If I had my way I'd have Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Jonathan Cheechoo. I also went heavy on Forwards than defenders and goalies.

Outside of Ryan Miller (and I dont have him ranked as high as some people do), I'm not too sure on Vesa Toskala and Olaf Kolzig. If the competition for starting goalie between Vesa Toskala and Evgeni Nabokov becomes a toss up then Nabokov may get the starting job. Though I'm for, with some sadness, the Sharks trading Nabokov for a couple of prospects and a draft pick, or a draft pick and another veteran blue-liner. I think the Sharks need to do all they can to try and keep Nolan Schaefer. A Vesa Toskala and Nolan Schaefer tandem at goal is not a bad deal.

Olaf Kolzig I picked up since he was the only veteran goalie left who is actually a starter. I don't expect much from him, but if the Caps even play a semblance of a good defense then he could get on a hot streak and just play on his head.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My team's players are bums for fantasy. There was only one I wanted, Tomas Kaberle, but he was promptly stolen right from under my nose. I try not to pick my home-town players often.

I really like Visnovski, I think he's going to do amazing this year. Boucher plays with Zubov as the top tandem and first team PP. I think he'll do fine. I personally like Ryan Miller. I rank him pretty high this season and drafted him accordingly. Overall, I think you've drafted a great team. Since PIMs aren't a category, you're scorers and +/- should do well.

Toskala should get the job soon enough when Nabokov is traded. He might make a strong comeback too though, it's hard to say. Perhaps the equipment changes affected Nabokov more than we thought.

I'm currently in three Hockey leagues. I like the team I have drafted in all of them, though I will need to watch the waiver wire for some right wingers. All 3 of the leagues I'm in use the same categories. Here's the teams I have right now.

Categories: G, A, +/1, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Suikox Hockey (6-team league)

Centres - Eric Staal, Patrick Elias, Sean Avery
Left Wing - Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Havlat, Daniel Sedin
Right Wing - Marian Gaborik, Shane Doan, Milan Hejduk
Defence - Marek Zidlicky, Dan Boyle, Ed Jovanovski, Sami Salo, Lubomir Visnovski
Goalies - Mika Kiprusoff, Thomas Vokoun
Bench - Brad Richards, Mark Bell, Christian Ehrhoff, Evengi Malkin

I have Avery in there right now to try to get some PIMs, but I'll move Richards back in soon enough. Elias can be placed as the LW or C and Gaborik can be placed as a RW or LW. This gives me some freedom with my lineup which is great.

12-team League

Centres - Jason Spezza, Daniel Briere
Left Wing - Brendan Morrow, Daniel Sedin
Right Wing - Milan Hejduk, Joffrey Lupul
Defence - Deon Phaneuf, Marek Zidlicky, Sami Salo, Ed Jovonovski
Goalies - Ryan Miller, JS Giguere
Bench - Antero Nittymaki, Christian Ehrhoff, Ian Laperriere, Henrik Sedin

I had 10th overall pick, took Spezza. I don't like my right wingers, I need some help. Laperriere will go in soon if Lupul doesn't do anything. He gets all stat categories which is nice. Brendan Morrow is a great winger in that he too gets all stat categories.

8-team League

Forwards - Ovechkin, Elias, Zetterberg, Gaborik, Havlat, McDonald
Defence - Phaneuf, Chara, Visnovsky, Liles
Goalies - Miller, Fernandez
Bench - Mike Richards, Ehrhoff, Toskala

I have the best defence in the league, but it's hard to say how well Havlat and McDonald will do. Still, I think I did pretty good for myself, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually don't think my teams are that bad but Blasphemy is thrashing me in both leagues regardless. At this point I just want to make my week look a bit more respectable considering one league I'm down 8-1 and the other I'm losing 7-1, teams have had bad weeks lets say.

Here's the Suikox team:

C
P. Bergeron (Bos)
A. McDonald (Anh)
S. Gomez (NJ)

Overall I wish I had a bigger scoring centreman on my team but I missed the first two rounds of this draft and the auto-draft took two right wings instead. These guys aren't a great group in my opinion but they should do alright in the scheme of things.

LW
S. Gagne (Phi)
R. Whitney (Car)
R. Smyth (Edm)

I just picked up Whitney off waivers, he's playing top line with Staal so if he stays there I can envision him picking up a lot of points, assuming he has a healthy year unlike last year.

RW
J. Jagr (NYR)
J. Cheechoo (SJ)
M. Hossa (Atl)

As I said the auto-draft grabbed two right wings and as a result I'm pretty deep here and have some real quality. I'm very happy with the right wings but I wish one of them was a centre instead, can't have it all.

D
S. Zubov (Dal)
J. Pitkanen (Phi)
T. Kaberle (Tor)
K. Timonen (Nsh)
B. Stuart (Bos - D)

I think this defence can put up a lot of points but I could use some PIMs from someone as well, I'll be looking into my defence situation at some point, guaranteed.

BN
M. Naslund (Van - LW)
R. Lang (Det - C)
P. Prucha (NYR - RW)

Nazzy is only on the bench since he doesn't play tonight, Lang is decent obviously and Prucha could put up a lot of points he's just behind a few really good right wings himself on my team.

G
M. Turco (Dal)
K. Lehtonen (Atl)
D. Hasek (Det)

I'm happy with the goaltending I got considering the rounds I took them in, I really wanted Vokoun to be honest but Blasphemy nicked him 1 pick before I could do so. Sneaky person. Lehtonen could be really good this year I think.

The 12 team league:

C
S. Crosby (Pit)
M. Nylander (NYR)

Crosby is obviously good, this was an auto-draft pick as I missed the first round of this draft too, damn pc was messing up. Anyway These two are decent in a big draft like we had, Avery is backup for PIMs pretty obviously. Nylander will get time with either Jagr or Shanahan so he'll do well I think.

LW
B. Shanahan (NYR)
D. Tucker (Tor)

These two could both give a nice blend of PIMs and points hopefully, they aren't elite fantasy players but pretty good all the same.

RW
S. Sullivan (Nsh)
Ju. Williams (Car)

I'm a big fan of Justin Williams which probably influenced me choosing him, he put up 70+ last year and hopefully he can do that again at the right times this year.

D
S. Zubov (Dal)
T. Kaberle (Tor)
K. Johnsson (Min)
A. Meszaros (Ott)

As can be seen since they're in both teams I like Zubov and Kaberle. Again I'm lacking in PIMs on the back end so I may have to re-examine the group of defencemen that I selected for this league.

BN
S. Avery (LA - C)
P. Martin (NJ - D)
K. Calder (Phi - LW)

A solid enough bunch for the bench in a big draft like we had. Calder could have a big year on the Flyers second line (if they start playing hockey anytime soon!) and Martin has Brodeur behind him which always helps.

G
M. Gerber (Ott)
R. DiPietro (NYI)
R. Esche (Phi)

Not best pleased with this lot at the moment, I think Gerber is a good goalie on a good team, DiPietro and Esche are pretty crap though, Esche won't be the Flyers starter for long (I hope) and DiPietro just isn't that great in my eyes, I just needed a guy who would play at that point in the draft, I'm working on a solution here.

So those are my teams and a bit of a breakdown of them. They're not great but they have potential to have much better weeks than the current one that's for sure.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I made a few changes to my Sars fantasy hockey team that people might have some small interest in, the reason I think there might be a bit of interest is because the people I dropped onto waivers aren't bad ones really.

McDonald from Anaheim, Petr Prucha for NYR and Patrice Bergeron (BOS) are all available at the moment if any of you care to put a bid in. They weren't doing terrible, that isn't why I dropped them but on Yahoo you can clearly see who I picked up in exchange for them (Sykora, Drury, H. Sedin), the guys I nabbed are obviously doing really well in comparison so I thought I'd grab them while they're hot and see what they can do for my team which is currently losing 5-4 against Red's Sabres while Fuji Flakes is thrashing Scarlet's Devils 7-2. I don't want Blas-phleghm-y getting too far away from me.

The scores from the current match ups are as follows:

Phil's Flyers - 4
Red's Sabres - 5
I'm losing nicely in a few categories but neither team has a GWG or SHP so it could still go either way. Goalie scores are close.

Fuji's Flakes - 7
Scarlet's Devils - 2
Scarlet has the +/- by just three at the moment and is being dominated on most offensive totals. Goaltending is close, a bad game from one of Blasphemy's guys and suddenly the overall score is much tighter.

Locke's Rangers - 6
Edmonton Oilers - 3
I'm not sure if Lonelion has been setting his team on time. I don't think he has since Sullivan is selected and he has been on DTD warning for a while (I have him in my other league so I know this for a fact), lots of unused players on this team too.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just made my line up adjustments,Sullivan is now on the pine,i even benched Mike Richards and Shea Weber since they're struggling.

I've taken my lumps but i'm not panicking or giving up on my crew,it's still early in the season fortunes can change in a blink of an eye.

I check my stats here constantly(on a daily basis actually),i don't mess with my line up too much,but i just seen Sullivan's status and knew he had to come out of the line-up,now if Philadelphia's major housecleaning can wake Carter and Richards up and get them performing at their expected playing levels i'll keep them but i'm watching my team players performances closely.

I watch sports highlight shows,every day and keep an eye on the hockey scores(way to go Joe Sakic on career point 1,500).

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah cool Lonelion, I wasn't sure if you were, glad to know you are keeping up with things then. Something I just noticed is you benched players with games tonight, you should put them in your lineup instead of the guys that aren't playing. Remember you can set your lineup for many days in advance so you don't need to look at the yahoo site every day.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's with the word chan behind our usernames ?(actually i put Carter in for Richards,both on same team,and Weber was replaced by Spacek) .

But i'll look again,too bad Sullivan got hurt he was doing really well,oh thanks for the trade offer anyway,well time to check tonight's gamelist.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lonelion, you really should set your lineup for every day. That way you maximize your potential points on one night.

Quote:

Fuji's Flakes - 7
Scarlet's Devils - 2
Scarlet has the +/- by just three at the moment and is being dominated on most offensive totals. Goaltending is close, a bad game from one of Blasphemy's guys and suddenly the overall score is much tighter.

My guys are studs! Well they should be when I chose them. Come on man, Kipper and Vokoun... steal on draft day. Unfortunately they're both struggling out the gate. If they keep it up, I'll send them into exile.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously, whats up with the chan thing?

Anyways my team is doing well, yes I know I have two players on the bench tonight. Thats my mistake. Though, I do wish Foresberg could actually stay healthy once. Just once, am I asking for to much from him?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Locke,what's up man i don't care if i get whooped again, i see Marty Brodeur picked a shutout tonight(awesome)Chara scored a goal,Jeff Carter picked up an assist.

I first noticed the chan name here, and i forgot to look at tonights game line-up too(dam!)

Oh well there is always tommorrow night,hopefully V.X makes all this Chan nonsense disappear by then.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear Locke, Forsberg played and scored a goal last night in the Flyers first win under John Stevens, Craig Berube and Paul Holmgren as General Manager! I could have told you he was going to play if you had asked a bit earlier.

Well Red is currently owning me, the +/- on my team is pretty ridiculous it's about -14 this week! I'm losing lots of the offensive categories and I doubt I'll come back from this one but that won't stop me trying. It makes me regret helping him out with how things worked with the yahoo system yesterday!

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My additions to my starting line-up yesterday all produced, everyone who's playing tonight are in my line-up i didn't need to change a thing.

Locke and myself are in a close one right now,it could go either way still,i'm watching Smackdown! on the score which has the sports ticker on the bottom of the screen.

clb 1, la 0 3rd period
det 1,dal 1 1st period
was 0,van 0 (starts later tonight)
ana 1,min 1 1st intermission

Most recent scores.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My additions to my starting line-up yesterday all produced, everyone who's playing tonight are in my line-up i didn't need to change a thing.

Locke and myself are in a close one right now,it could go either way still,i'm watching Smackdown! on the score which has the sports ticker on the bottom of the screen.

clb 2, la 0 3rd period
det 1,dal 1 1st period
was 0,van 0 (starts later tonight)
ana 1,min 1 1st intermission

Most recent scores.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Nicklas Lidstrom right now, he has a +3 night with a goal so far. But man, my goalies are playing like Swiss Cheese this week.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well tonight looks like a light schedule for games,i'm happy marty Brodeur picked his second straight shutout,now that's more like him.

I see you up by a goal now Locke,that's alright your team is showing why they're where they are at in our league standings,great job man.

Dam you Weber now you do something(a goal and assist last night) when i had him in the line-up he was doing nothing,i guess that's my luck isn't it now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: