Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Worst Anime That You Purchased or Rented
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Worst Anime That You Purchased or Rented Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Following Christmas (when I had money to blow), I began a personal quest to get back into anime. Either for satirical reasons or the fact that I actually like it, buying Japanese anime (especially those that I saw during my junior high years) became more important than live-action movies. Then again, I guess it helps that my movie collection is overflowing.

Still, I reflected on some of the worst cartoons that I have ever seen in the process and, with potch inflated at the moment, I thought this would be an interesting subject. Anyway, here are my choices.

Sword of Truth: The cover compares it to Ninja Scroll so I bought it. This is not Ninja Scroll! This sucks! If you want characters that don't make any sense while partaking in a story that doesn't make any sense with the occasional bit of random nudity, this is definitely for you. Honestly, I almost took myself out for buying this one.

The Professional: Rented it on my twelfth birthday years ago. I suppose the "Not for Kids" logo was very enticing. This anime was horrible. It made little sense and the American stereotypes were laughable.

Wrath of the Ninja: To be fair, I think I need to watch this one again. It seemed cool, but I was also going through a ninja phase at the time. It did jump a lot, though, and was hard to follow.

Burn-Up: Another one of those "Not for Kids" adventures. It just wasn't that cool...
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Samurai - Very bad anime. I think it was an OVA or something. But, Oh God, was it horrible. It tried to have a plot, but it couldn't get past the random nudity and groping long enough. Its only saving grace was an awesome theme song.

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate to say this but the Suikoden anime was horrible. I remember watchin it and thinking huh? I had nothing to do with the games at all. The stars were mentioned, but only in passing. It took place in moderen day Japan and was about a kid that stood up to bullies.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthquake923 wrote:
I hate to say this but the Suikoden anime was horrible. I remember watchin it and thinking huh? I had nothing to do with the games at all. The stars were mentioned, but only in passing. It took place in moderen day Japan and was about a kid that stood up to bullies.

To be fair, though, the Suikoden anime wasn't related to the videogame series at all; in fact, in pre-dates the games. It was just inspired by the same legend, that's all.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember renting Ghost in the Shell after playing and enjoying the games and I hated the anime, It was (to me) one of the most boring things I ever watched plus it never made sense to me at all from the very beggining. Ghost in the Shell was no doubt the worst Anime I ever rented and watched.

Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soul Link: If I hadn't gotten it for free I would have staged a amssacre because of how bad it is. A complete waste of drive space while I had it downloaded. The characters are bland, the action scenes are pitiful and the "space zombies" are dumber then normal zombies half the time. Also the animation quality is horrible, and if I noticed it then that's bad.

Fate / Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works is awesome, but even it can't redeem how low quality this anime is. The story takes easily the weakest of the arcs as the main path, and the Main Characters semi-constant proclamation of "Women shouldn't fight" got annoying as hell the second time I heard it.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi: A lot of people I know raved about how awesome and funny this anime is, I found it more along the lines of meh then what they think. I really don't know why I don't like it, it might be because one of the most talked about things was how good it looks and I really can't stand things like that.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That must be Tekken, I got it on tape even after I was told it was abysmal because it was an anime about a video game and I wanted to know how bad it was, and...

Seriously, it stank, I'm just going to tell you this, Heihachi grabs an axe thrown at him with his mouth, bites it, and breaks it, which really had me numb, and I think Namco is ashamed that it gave permission for such an atrocity to be made...
Zamza

Fire Dragon Cavaliers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without a doubt the the worst anime I ever rented was Evangelion. I'd rather watch Magical Gril Pretty Sammy than that huge pile of excrement.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cowboy Bebop The Movie.

Because that is the only anime I have rented, and I don't buy anime, I download. So therefore it wins and loses by default. :(

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually bought the Street Fighter anime series on VHS about a year ago at a flea market for about $4. OMG that was the most cheesiest anime series I've ever seen. It's like they took everything cool about Ryu, Ken, CHun-LI, and made them into loud anime caratures. Just bad. :(
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

X: The Movie. Good grief, what a piece of poo.

The first Ranma 1/2 movie. Dahhh.

And I didn't rent it or buy it, but I despise Inu-Yasha. That show needs to be blown up or something. -_-
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mister Alucard would say.... X the movie... worst thing mister Alucard has ever set eyes upon.
Bought it for 25 euro, put it in the DVD player, watched 10 minutes, took it our of the DVD player, never touched the DVD box again *points at the shelf of 1500+ DVDs*
Choise enough ^^

Another bad one would be "Halt You're Under Arrest: the Movie" :
Ok it was not really that bad, but maybe it is because mister Alucard never bought the series? Then mister Alucard ask you : Are the series better than the movie? Is it adviced to watch the series before watching the movie?

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Cowboy Bebop The Movie.

Because that is the only anime I have rented, and I don't buy anime, I download. So therefore it wins and loses by default. :(

...But did you like it? I did. :)

Cowboy Bebop's in the same situation with me as well, but I really like it.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Violence Jack was the worst, poorly animated, sexually vulgar, plot devoid, artistically inept, intelligence bankrupted piece of drek I ever had the misfortune of watching.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't for the life of me remember the title, but I vaguely recall renting a pretty terrible anime movie which revolved around giant submarines and "pet shop hunters" or... "pet catchers", something like that. Just a big MST3k-worthy cheeseball of clichés and seemingly random fanservice which until now has remained totally forgotten. Rightfully so, no doubt.

Oh yeah, any of the Project A-Ko movies past the first one are automatic entries. Hell, even the original was just barely crazy enough to avoid a mention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: