Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most ignored characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbid Angel

1031726 Potch
422 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
SII:
None, apparently. They were all memorable to me.

Badeaux was memorable?

Nikea- "Want to see my super duper special moves?"
Me- "No, shut up and dance, bitch."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Badeaux was memorable?

To me, at least.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Qlon - The most boring monk you'll ever meet, once hes joined you'll rush to add him into your party...

The Blacksmiths - Each one was just a stronger version of the one you'd just recruited. It got old, fast.

Fu Su Lu - He just seemed like King off Tekken, that put me off a bit.

Stallion - It wasn't really until Suikoden II that Stallion actually appealed to me.

Suikoden II: Nina - After the Greenhill scenario there was no way that was getting into my party.

Badeaux - One of those characters that you recruit, then never look at again.

Suikoden III: Beechum - To be honest I really only knew him from Suikoden II, where he doesn't appear or say anything, and Lucia only refers to him once during a battle.

Piccolo - I'm sure hes a very nice old man, just exceedingly boring and terrible in battles, since hes supposedly a student of Crowley you'd expect him to be good.

Suikoden IV: Aldo - No, just no.

Jewel - Boring starting character.

Travis - Who is this guy? Why is he in the ruins of Obel?! Why does he make you use an escape talisman? Why does he join?

Suikoden V: The characters were much better this time around, as with Suikoden II, but there were still bad examples.

Isabel - The way she holds her sword and speaks just oozed of loser, it was torture having her in the party.

Marina - I don't care about your feelings for Belcoot, it's not worth bringing the most evil man in the country to power so he can then in turn kill the royal family and start a civil war, way to go Marina.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Why does he join?

The same thing can be said to about 85% of the Suikoden IV characters. Most of them didn't really have good reasons for joining and some of them didn't have any reason for joining. Hence, they get easily ignored.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Wes wrote:
Why does he join?

The same thing can be said to about 85% of the Suikoden IV characters. Most of them didn't really have good reasons for joining and some of them didn't have any reason for joining. Hence, they get easily ignored.

His seemed to be a new kind of pointless, he never said he could do anything at all, hes in a completely useless place, and it seems the only reason he can be recruited is because he has a character protrait next to his name.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, at least you get to do something for Travis for him to join you, however pointless it may be. Unlike, say, Haruto, who completely did nothing for the army, and joined just to fill in the spot.

Still, the fact still remains that many of them had pointless reasons. Not that other Suikodens don't have these kind of characters too, but Suikoden IV had a bunch of them.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:
Isabel - The way she holds her sword and speaks just oozed of loser, it was torture having her in the party.

Marina - I don't care about your feelings for Belcoot, it's not worth bringing the most evil man in the country to power so he can then in turn kill the royal family and start a civil war, way to go Marina.

Hmm, I'm shocked at these two to be honest.

Isabel is actually one of the smarter Maximillian Knights in my opinion. She's not as stupid as Fred who seemed to be totally clueless. And Isabel did actually check things out first before believing what Euram told her. To me, that didn't sound like a loser at all. I'm also confused why it's a torture to have her in the party as you're never required to have her in the party at any time other than for one solitary fight when you recruit her. (not to mention that she's actually very strong)

As far as Marina is concerned, I don't like her either, but do keep in mind that Gizel had a back up plan anyways if Marina didn't use the drug on Belcoot. So it wasn't really her fault that it happened like that. Childerich was most likely a stronger fighter than Belcoot anyways. If they battled it out properly, who knows what would've happened, maybe Belcoot could've been dead instead. (not to mention that there's always a threat that the innkeepers could be killed if Marina didn't cooperate)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: