Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

S1 ending song
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: S1 ending song Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Towards the end of the character endings, there is a song being sung in Japanese, at least I think it's Japanese. Anyways, does anyone know what it means. I'm just curious.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's called "Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao," and it's in Portuguese.

I've never found a proper translation for it, though, because apparently half of it doesn't even make sense.

reference link to random german suikoden forum
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its about mayonaise!

I emailed a friend who studied in Brazil, If she replies, i'll post what's up with it. it's a really pretty song and love hearing it come back. i got the notes up HERE so um, yeah.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala-Kid wrote:
its about mayonaise!

I emailed a friend who studied in Brazil, If she replies, i'll post what's up with it. it's a really pretty song and love hearing it come back. i got the notes up HERE so um, yeah.

?

Notes? Is it supposed to look like gibberish, or do I lack some kind of character set?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's actually a JPEG. Calling it a txt file is probably just a way to get around Tripod's direct-image blocking. For some reason it won't disply as anything but gibberish in Firefox, but if you open the link in IE you should be able to see it.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh! Okay. I'm a dummy. Yeah, I remember that trick, but I never did it as a link, only as a forum avatar.

And I recognize the sheet music. I think it's also in the S1 soundtrack booklet.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It's called "Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao," and it's in Portuguese

a) I'm Portuguese
b) Only 2 words exist in Portuguese out of the 4 the title has ("Antes"-Before and "Lance"- Launch)
c) Avertuneiro, tenho quase a certeza que deve ser Aventureiro (adventurer), because the word doesn't exist in Portuguese
d) Mao- I don't have a clue. It could be "mau" (bad) or mão (hand - people tend to forget the "~" but it's important)
e) it doesn't make any kind of sence, gramatically or otherwise. You sure that's the title?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you follow the link in my original post, you'll see that some of that is explained.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it just reinforces that doesn't make ANY sence. The guy who made/translated/wrote the lyrics/title doesn't know a bit about Portuguese. "Avertuneiro" haha :*laugh*:

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so my friend got back to me.

"Check out before releasing the hand
Our life that is good not lime (that doesn't make sense!)
This is a day/ This day will go well.
To run Before 'check out'
But this way...[leads to hurt].
-----

with the lead to hurt bit, my friend thought they might've meant the word "lastimo" (which means pain/suffering/hurt)

Apart from the lime bit, the song could be taken as a word of caution, like "before releasing the power you hold in your hand, ensure that it's to keep life good" something about great times ahead, but if you act (run) before considering the consequences of yielding this rune, you will bring suffering.

I told my friend nothing about this being tied into suikoden, so the last paragraph is me trying to make sense of something she said makes no sense at all.

A very poor translation (for the people who made the song, that is), but maybe that's the message they were trying to get across.

Luckily the italian songs were a little more well thought out.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avertuneiro before launches mao Our life that and Good nao whitewash Ese one die it falls to go Well Of runs avertuneiro But thus lassemo before

this is what I got off Babel fish.

apparently some words they used dont even exist in the language...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
Avertuneiro before launches mao Our life that and Good nao whitewash Ese one die it falls to go Well Of runs avertuneiro But thus lassemo before

this is what I got off Babel fish.

apparently some words they used dont even exist in the language...

If you'd read the rest of the topic before posting you'd see that fundertaker already stated that some of the words don't exist. I don't mean to be harsh but you should at least try to read topics before you post.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ugh... Okay sue me, I restated some minor info. do you just go into topics to troll people?

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no interest in arguing with you Andarc, my post was not a personal attack, rather a suggestion of a way you may improve upon your posting style. I do not going around "trolling" people with my time but if I see a person displaying a disregard for common netiquette I will call them on it. Now I suggest you not press the subject or you'll get both of us into trouble and this thread closed/pruned.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You "do not going around trolling people"? that's good to know.

aside I appologize to the many people I hurt and/or caused discomfort to by reposting information, so prominently displayed in this thread.

anyway the first two suikodens are notorious for bad translation, so I'm not exactly surprised that this slipped through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: