Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Improving National Activity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

beryuber wrote:
Step 4: Get as many women as possible in your country. If you see them pop up, do whatever you can to keep them as members. You'll find a female member's post will attract roughly three times as many replies as a male's. That's because the average male is desperate and hopeless.

Ahaha, that's a shot! :mrgreen:

but tell me...how do I find a dIsgusting OOOB...? this forum lack it you know (well, at least compared to some FF forum) :?

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope you guys don't mind me commenting... Sir OOOB and Lord Bishop Sai alerted me to this thread.

Sir UberYuber wrote:
Step 1: Get yourself an OOOB and let him run wild, unrestrained. He'll stir up enough trouble to get people yelling at him and post enough jokes to get everyone laughing and/or disgusted. Thus causing discussion as to whether you agree that he is funny or how you think he should be site banned. :*laugh*:

:D From what I heard, you were nearly (very nearly) banned. But I'm glad you're still there though. Makes for interesting conversation.

Sir UberYuber wrote:
Step 2: Bring up controversial topics and argue as much as possible. People in agreement tend to say a lot less and will find the conversation very boring. :?

:D That's the secret of my success when trying to slow down or end any arguments. Oops, maybe I should not have said that.

Sir UberYuber wrote:
Step 4: Get as many women as possible in your country. If you see them pop up, do whatever you can to keep them as members. You'll find a female member's post will attract roughly three times as many replies as a male's. That's because the average male is desperate and hopeless.

Well, this may be true. After all, for 2-3 days (around that time, I guess), any post I made in Harmonia, however old the thread I visited and posted, seemed to suddenly come alive. :roll: Especially one thread that Sir THI created. I think Sir OOOB should remember that one. Not sure if they were doing it out of courtesy though, because I was a newbie then.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooob of Yoooob wrote:
WOO HOO!! I got mentioned and I'm not even part of the conversation. You are talking about me right? hehe..

DAMN IT!!! He is on the lose again!!! Sai, quickly get the leash, he broke out of Harmonia.....*zapps Oooob with a stun gun*! Quick get him back....he is ruining his record....about 1% of his posts have been made on the outside.....get him back in quick. :lol:

U Bear and I Bare wrote:
It seems kinda sad that you guys aren't doing so well. I wish you luck on your rebound effort. I'll even pitch in my two cents.

You should have joined a month before you actually did, heh.....you would have seen what an inactive nation looked like heh. Bah, you pitch in two cents? Its usually more like a few essays *looks at your WPP count yet again* ....hey wait a minute......did your WPP go up again? :?

As far as OOOOOBZ steps are concerned SKIP STEP 1!!! It is more trouble than its worth, but steps 2, 3 and 4 are definitely worth.......ESPECIALLY number 4.

Ooooooobies with Boobies wrote:
Those are slightly comical, but somewhat serious. Nothing can replace the real character of great members and with the way members are distributed to the individual countries, it really is 'the luck of the draw'.

Comical? No they're not. :P Well it is the luck of the draw and Lady luck has been a real pain in the ass lately from the Harmonian perspective.

[quote="OPium"I hope you guys don't mind me commenting... Sir OOOB and Lord Bishop Sai alerted me to this thread. [/quote]

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED! :lol: Hmm, why not just bring out all of Harmonia outside hehe. Might help activate a few people on the outside and give OOOB a few more places to post heh.

Optimus Prime wrote:
:D From what I heard, you were nearly (very nearly) banned. But I'm glad you're still there though. Makes for interesting conversation.

Oh countless times honey....and I wouldn't be too quick to say that hahaha. :wink:

ooooOPs wrote:
That's the secret of my success when trying to slow down or end any arguments. Oops, maybe I should not have said that. :D

AHA!! BUSTED!!! Now I know that if you're agreeing with me, you just want to end a conversation.........*runs back and re-reads all the Harmonian arguments*

OPerator wrote:
Well, this may be true. After all, for 2-3 days (around that time, I guess), any post I made in Harmonia, however old the thread I visited and posted, seemed to suddenly come alive. :Rolling Eyes: Especially one thread that Sir THI created. I think Sir OOOB should remember that one. Not sure if they were doing it out of courtesy though, because I was a newbie then.

Nah....the only reason you activated those threads was because you were new. Every new members will have that effect,.......mind you.....Harmonia did have a problem in the form a serious girl lackage and an overload of testosterone.....so a few certain individuals helped lighten the conversations haha, and its always good to have a girls perspective on a few things.....unless its sports and driving.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Am I the only one who is completely lost at this point in the conversation? What with the oobs and ot and giant fighting robots...*head explodes*

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahahaha, it does seem like the world is not yet ready for Harmonia........alright everyone, pack it up! We're going back home. :lol:

Well, Oooooooooooob is UberYuber's nickname! Anything you see in there with the capitalized OP in it refers to OptimisticPessimist aka OP aka OPium aka oooooOPs aka Optimus Prime aka OPerator...........I'll come up with more soon. :mrgreen:
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:

Am I the only one who is completely lost at this point in the conversation? What with the oobs and ot and giant fighting robots...*head explodes*

HAHA.. ok I see. *goes back to quiet corner in Harmonia*
(every time I see your avatar I think about the ATHF episode with the evil TV.. "this is you right.. that's your right.. you're gonna DIE")

OP wrote:

From what I heard, you were nearly (very nearly) banned. But I'm glad you're still there though. Makes for interesting conversation.

LOL. That's very interesting to know... maybe they kept me around because I was gaining lots and lots of soldiers? So they're just using me for my words. Oh... and thanks!

Bishop Black Fang wrote:

Hahahaha, it does seem like the world is not yet ready for Harmonia........alright everyone, pack it up! We're going back home.

Ok. I didn't mean to cause a fuss.

Bye everyone it was nice meeting you!

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooobears wrote:
HAHA.. ok I see. *goes back to quiet corner in Harmonia*

:shock: We have a quiet corner? Since when? No one told me! :?

You Bear Yet Bare wrote:
Ok. I didn't mean to cause a fuss.

Bye everyone it was nice meeting you!

Haha, I think he was confused with the many names of UberYuber I was using hehe. Oh well I guess I'll pack my stuff and go back haha. Bye everone! :P
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok we all get the point that Harmonia has a good community, you can stop shoving it down our throats now.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please don't take that tone to members here. If you dislike the way the thread is going, then please PM a nation leader of an admin, otherwise it will cause un-needed aggression on the boards - this, we don't need.

However, this thread has taken a bit of a turn from "How to improve National activity" - so please let's just keep the tone to how to help others improve their community and not saying how great another community is. Even though it's a fine line, people can get a little aggrevated when their best efforts don't work.

Edit: A quick note though, no matter how great national culture is and how many threads there are and such, activity will always be low if you don't have the right people who are willing to stay and enjoy themselves.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:

However, this thread has taken a bit of a turn from "How to improve National activity" - so please let's just keep the tone to how to help others improve their community and not saying how great another community is. Even though it's a fine line, people can get a little aggrevated when their best efforts don't work.

Talking about how great our nation is?

Is that what we were doing?

It seems to me that we were just trying to point out things that we like about Harmonia that made us stick around to chat more. Considering that I've only been on the forums for (one day short) of Two Months, I think my input on this is very insightful. If someone miscontrues our efforts to help another member/nation at recruiting members and stimulating activity.. then that is, in fact, a misinterpretation of what we are trying to do here.

Fliktor also wrote:

Edit: A quick note though, no matter how great national culture is and how many threads there are and such, activity will always be low if you don't have the right people who are willing to stay and enjoy themselves.

That is true to a point. You also have to admit that even the talkative person will not hang around a forum that appears to already be inactive. It creates a conundrum. You can't gain members with activity, and you can't get activity without gaining members. If you would like to keep all the members that are potential posting maniacs, you need to have the threads that will interest them before they become members. Therefore, creating culture and interesting threads takes as great a priority as gaining new members, since BOTH are essential to growth and survival of your nation.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UuberYuber - a fine example of what I did not want to happen in this thread. My post wasn't aimed at you, or any ONE person, it was aimed at the general flow of the thread.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:

UberYuber - a fine example of what I did not want to happen in this thread. My post wasn't aimed at you, or any ONE person, it was aimed at the general flow of the thread.

And my post was not in the sole defense of myself, but in all of the people that were posting. If you re-read, you'll see that I said 'we' and 'our' instead of 'I' and 'mine'. I simply disagreed with your statement, yet I was not getting defensive. I did try and point out why I believed my particular comments to be insightful, but that is all.

On top of that, your post merely prompted me to comment. My resulting post was by no means directed solely at you, but also towards the person you were answering to and anyone else that viewed our comments as boasting instead of explaining and/or trying to help.

I am dropping this argument as I feel I have explained our position and thus any further argument would obviously take away from this thread's topic/purpose.

Thank you

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman wrote:
Ok we all get the point that Harmonia has a good community, you can stop shoving it down our throats now.

I do apologize if it came out looking as bragging but I was simply implying what some of the less active nations can do to increase activity in their nation. It takes a handful of active members to have a fun and enjoyable nation but unfortunately not every nation out here has that, but that doesn't mean that they cannot change. Scarlet Moon Empire seems to be doing fine but other nations seriously lack activity and I was just trying to show all the steps of a given formula. Most of these nations have several members eager to get the nation active which is more than enough, all they need is determination from the people that are already active and others will come. It was never my intention of boasting about Harmonia and I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. The whole point here was to give ideas and examples to those that needed it.

I do believe Fliktor said it all with the "this thread has taken a bit of a turn from "How to improve National activity"", so its best we return to it and not worry about who said what.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems like the last couple of pages of this thread have morphed from "How do we increase activity in our nation?" to "Let's talk about Harmonia!" Harmonian fellas, while I like your company on our forums, I think it might be best if you all move that conversation to your own forums. Falena has a chit chat thread that's greatly successful; perhaps you should invest in the same if you haven't already. It is very annoying to read about injokes and friendly chit chat about a nation when you're not in it.

Quote:
Scarlet Moon Empire seems to be doing fine but other nations seriously lack activity and I was just trying to show all the steps of a given formula.

No offense, but how on EARTH could you POSSIBLY know that?! If you're just presuming it, it's quite arrogant; not every forum may have Harmonian's activity, but not every forum will be death, either. :| If you're not, then the only explanation I can think of how you'd know that is you'd have to have spies in every nation, which is, you know, about 1,000 shades worse. :shock:

As far as being more active? Post more. I find that the less I post, the less active y nation is. The more I post, the more active my nation is.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
It seems like the last couple of pages of this thread have morphed from "How do we increase activity in our nation?" to "Let's talk about Harmonia!" Harmonian fellas, while I like your company on our forums, I think it might be best if you all move that conversation to your own forums. Falena has a chit chat thread that's greatly successful; perhaps you should invest in the same if you haven't already. It is very annoying to read about injokes and friendly chit chat about a nation when you're not in it.

I was just using Harmonia as an EXAMPLE since it was a formula that worked but if its starting to annoy others we don't have to say another word about it. This all was post here to help out the City-State who was ASKING for help, yet all the other nations take it as bragging. It seriously was not being implied as boasting about Harmonia but just friendly advice to the City-State.

Oh and we already have a friendly chit chat thread in Harmonia thank you very much. :D

Sophie wrote:
No offense, but how on EARTH could you POSSIBLY know that?! If you're just presuming it, it's quite arrogant; not every forum may have Harmonian's activity, but not every forum will be death, either. :| If you're not, then the only explanation I can think of how you'd know that is you'd have to have spies in every nation, which is, you know, about 1,000 shades worse. :shock:

Maybe I should have said "SOME other nations seriously lack activity"! If you read a few pages back you'll notice that some members said that their nations lack activity. :mrgreen: I remembered hehe.

The Water Owl wrote:
As far as being more active? Post more. I find that the less I post, the less active y nation is. The more I post, the more active my nation is.

That was precisely my point. Anyone wishing to activate a nation should simply.....post. Answer as many threads as you can find and if there are little or no interesting conversations going on, make a new thread and start a few up. Once again, best of luck to all the nations trying to boost their activity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: