Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Football 2006-2007 (-Real- Football)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah.....you are allowed one transfer per game week......go over that and you lose 4 points per transfer!

I have not checked my team at all over the international break....ooppssss.....
Well SkySports News stated Mellberg should be fit to play, i hope he is because he is in my team!
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Yeah.....you are allowed one transfer per game week......go over that and you lose 4 points per transfer!

I have not checked my team at all over the international break....ooppssss.....
Well SkySports News stated Mellberg should be fit to play, i hope he is because he is in my team!

HE CAN PLAY???

How boo-ish, I just took Mellberg off my team.

I did the math, and I lost 8 points, got Saha and Rio Ferdinand. Then using the one that doesn't penalize you, I picked Fabregas since I really like that fellow.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1 Green Berets (44) 350
2 PK Rangers (43) 294
3 Axis (38) 290
4 Boom Boom Boom Boom (48) 242
5 Coole Mavericks (40) 199
6 FC Plange Luma (57) 193

PF is back up to second. Another good weekend for myself too.

Anyone with Cech should transfer him straight away!
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Anyone with Cech should transfer him straight away!

Heh, poor man, that fellow. And even poorer are the Fantasy Teams that have him.

Well, atleast Van der Sar gave 2 points. :P I wish I didn't overlook Lehmann, though.

At least I inch closer to not being cellar-dweller anymore. 6 more points! I hope Terry comes up with alot of solid gameweeks, I'm not changing his captaincy. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have Frank Lampard as my captain at the moment. If only Tierry Henry was firing in the goals i would make him captain.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My captain has been Shevchenko for ages so obviously you can see how well that has turned out for me, I've finally made a shift to Andy Johnson who didn't score last match but has been prolific up to now. The guy can score in the premiership and there's a chance he winds up among the top scorers this season, if Shevchenko finds his feet soon though I might switch to him - you know the guy is going to start bagging some goals eventually I mean it's Andriy Shevchenko, he was fantastic in Milan for years!

We'll see though, I've been wrong before.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i know Shevchenko was fantastic in Milan for years.....but remember Juan Sebastian Veron?? One of the best midfielders playing in Italy....then moved to The Premiership....so for Andriy Shevchenko's sake i hope he adapts quickly!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't you know it, I change captain from Shevchenko to Johnson and which one picks this week to score? Shevchenko of course, he get booked afterwards for over celebration which would have reduced his worth but nevermind, I also think I got rid of Arteta this past week who also scored, talk about bad timing on both parts.

I have no doubt Shevchenko can be good here in England, he is a fantastic player and has played at the very highest level for years with Milan, I can't honestly say I knew much about Veron before he came here but Shevchenko has been a favourite of mine for years and I just don't think you can lose finishing skills like his by simply moving abroad, the goal is the same size everywhere. Midfield is a bit trickier because it's more about how the game flows and that does change from country to country in style.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True....i am sure he will hit double figures easily....and now that he has hit the net again he could go on a major scoring run.

Well at least Henry got two goals this weekend....if only i switched him to Captain! And yes i kept Arteta in my team too.

1 Green Berets (46) 396
2 PK Rangers (46) 341
3 Axis (29) 323
4 Boom Boom Boom Boom (59) 301
5 Coole Mavericks (47) 250
6 FC Plange Luma (41) 230
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Thierry Henry is pikcing up his slack. And so is Shevchenko.

Why do they start working hard when I have no more money!? Boo.

Amyhow, yah. Poor week.

Johnson got injured, so that literally screwed the whole week for me. Fabregas salvaged it, wtih 2 Assists for 11 points. Sigh. I wish he would score once.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Jaskaalainen and Henry bailed my team out this week. I got lucky that I replaced Cech with Jaskaalainen and woo instant repayment on my faith on him. I should make a mental note with myself to change my captain from Frank Lampard to anyone.

My team could've performed better had Nolan not been sent off and Manchester City suprisingly slaughtered by Wigan. Didn't expect that for sure. I think I'm going to use my Wild Card to make a lot of changes within my team. I guess the season has gone long enough to give me a clearer picture on the players' performances.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Johnson got injured? He played ninety minutes and got an assist apparently unless you mean Glen or another Johnson and not Andy? Andy Johnson doesn't have a listed injury on the site either, now I'm going to have to go and read Everton's site to make sure he's ok.

Speaking of goalies Reina hasn't done too well for me, I expected good things from Liverpool but they're conceding more this year than last year at this point. There have only been 2 clean sheets posted by Reina so far and I'm tempted to change him just there always seem to be a more pressing need for change so he gets by still on my team every week. Fair enough the last game, I mean Manchester United are a good team so I don't begrudge the 2 goals against too much but Liverpool need to start playing up to their billing for this season.

I'm retaining my wild card for a bit later in the year, I mean if my team gets hit with some injuries I might really need the thing to change the line-up around, I'll use it regardless eventually but now still seems too soon for my liking, good luck with the wildcarding all the same though pessie.

Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
Johnson got injured? He played ninety minutes and got an assist apparently unless you mean Glen or another Johnson and not Andy? Andy Johnson doesn't have a listed injury on the site either, now I'm going to have to go and read Everton's site to make sure he's ok.

No, no, I was indeed referring to Glen Johnson, one of Portsmouth's defenders. Not to worry, though, since I've let him go

I've coughed up enough money for Thierry Henry, finally. And some other tinkering led me to getting Campo back, so let's see what happens.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm retaining my wild card for a bit later in the year

Same here....it is a bit early to be using it. But i am using the one free transfer each game week when i need too....actually where do you find this wildcard?? :oops:
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember wrote:
Quote:
I'm retaining my wild card for a bit later in the year

Same here....it is a bit early to be using it. But i am using the one free transfer each game week when i need too....actually where do you find this wildcard?? :oops:

I think it's found after making transfers - they'll show you who got out for who got in, number of points deducted, then there's one of the buttons there that says wild card. Pick that, and there it is! :D

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: