Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nintendo Revolution specs unveiled

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Nintendo Revolution specs unveiled Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/673/673799p1.html

Wow @ revo's specs. Oh well, we knew it'd be underpowered and that price point won't be able to be beaten, seriously.
Mitani

Yumi Regataar

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not so good with all this technical stuff.... I still know it's going to kick me in the ass though. IN THAT GOOD WAY.

Yes, that didn't make sense. Oh well.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Developers have been giving ballpark estimates for months now, and this is exactly what they are-- ballpark estimates. IGN just wanted some big article to coincide with the unvealing of rev.ign.com.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Specs never bothered me with a Nintendo Console. They tend to have a weaker console graphically but it always ends up with some of the best games. That and their strategy of a lower price = more sales has been proven many times over. (Game boy anyone?)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Developers have been giving ballpark estimates for months now, and this is exactly what they are-- ballpark estimates. IGN just wanted some big article to coincide with the unvealing of rev.ign.com.

This is true.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I don't really care about specs these days.
I'm happy enough with the power of Gamecube and PS2, so anything better than that will make me even happier. Even if it is only twice the power of Gamecube :roll: .
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad that Nintendo isn't going all out like the other 2 big companies. They'll either have a huge payoff or this will send them under.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hope they come out with new controls. That remote looking thing is going to bother me SOOO Much. However the coolest thing I think about the Nintendo Revolution is that the starting shelve price is going to be roughly around only 100 dollars. That completely opens my hears and makes me say.. ehh only a hundred dollars for a Next Gen Counsle. it's worth a buy..

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well just like any other company they are going to only publically list the spec's that make their system at least seem like a player in the market. Nintendo is usually underpowered like everyone says, but they have a higher turn out because of the fact that they have a large fan base. For right now I'm still placing my pennies on the PS3, even though their Dev kits are melting right now.

Julious Cezar
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, for the past two console generations (and arguably the one before that), Nintendo has had more powerful hardware than at least one competitor. This will be the first generation since the "NES versus Master System" days that Nintendo has had the clearly inferior specs.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be honest, I'm in agreement with what seems to be most of the folks here. That is, I'm not terribly upset by the news about the Revolution's specs being below those of the PlayStation 3 or the XBox 360. I'd been hearing about their blah blah underpoweredness for a while. All the shiny graphics in the world can't save a bad game from being bad, at least, for me.

All that matters to me is the titles. If the titles are good enough, the price tag doesn't especially matter either. Considering that the Revolution will be the cheapest of the three NextGen consoles, that's a big plus for them as well.

It's been a long time since I got the chance to be a genuine Nintendo fanboy. I'm looking forward to the possibility of being one again.

(...I am still a bit dubious about the controller...but I'll reserve judgement until I'm holding it in my hands.)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: