Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyon or Miakis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lyon or Miakis
Lyon
43%
 43%  [ 48 ]
Miakis
56%
 56%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 111

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with Lyon. They are both very similar, but Miakis is just a wee bit more twisted than Lyon is. Anyone who has activated her bath script should know as to what I am referring to. Very scary. Lyon, on the other hand, is kind, devoted, and doesn't make cringe-worthy threats.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, would pick Lyon over Miakis just for the fact that when using the right combinations of skill sets she deals out major damage early on. I was abit bummed that I didn't get to use her more in the middle part of the game. On the personality front, I have to agree with the Seaman Sexy above about Miakis. It's not that she's more twisted and sexily scary, but I think she may have gone abit batty having to babysit/bodyguard Lymsleia. Miakis' emotions seem to also go from -- as another poster called her --- extreme bubblyness to downright depressed. If that doesn't show some sort of mental problems then I don't know what is.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I prefer Miakis over Lyon.

In battle, Miakis definitely gets the edge over Lyon with her 3 free rune slots. With the right combination of runes, she could wipe the enemies off the floor by herself.

As far as personality goes, I still prefer Miakis over Lyon. I like her cheerful and funny personality and her funny dialogues with Lym. Unlike Lyon, Miakis does not annoy me with her voice and her I-will-be-a-slave-to-the-prince attitude.

Also, Miakis gets plus points for being sexy.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I don't deny the fact that Miakis is sexy, but hard to go against the "I-will-be-a-slave-to-the-prince" attitude Lyon has. What Tenkai Star wouldn't want someone at their side with that attitude. :wink:

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miakis for the win.

Lyon would have to chill out a bit. She's devoted to her duty and puts a lot of effort into fulfilling it, however she overacts most of the time. She's way too stiff for a person in her age.

Miakis on the other hand is a fully aware of the responsibility Queen's Knight and yet she's able to keep distance. The pranks she makes and all that sort of stuff may cause her to be perceived as immature... though in a cute and appealing way.

+ I found her to be much more useful in battle.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they're both fairly similar characters that appeal to that "I'm a cute little girl that can kick your arse" persona, but I think in terms of originality and character (even if it is a little), Miakis comes out on top. She manages to be a breath of fresh air from the overly serious Lyon who will never be able to take a joke. Regardless of these advantages Miakis has, Lyon is a much more vital character in terms of gameplay, when she inherits the Twighlight Rune, it nullifies Miakis' battle capabilities, which annoyed me a bit, although I was happy that both Lyon and Miakis could use the "Sworn Protector" unite, it put them on more equal grounds.

So if it wasn't for the gameplay aspect, which unfairly puts Lyon a head infront of Miakis, she'd appeal to me 100%, she still has my vote, but it isn't as convincing as it'd normally be.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE! CAN'T I HAVE THEM BOTH?

uhh... hehe, sorry for my sudden outburst of emotion. XD

Stat-wise, I have to go with Lyon. :D

kalmiKUN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i chooooose...ahm...Miakiiisss ...i love her attitude, appearance, and weapons
She's adorable XD

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like both of them, but Miakis is the greatest. <3 She won her place in my heart early on, when she threatened to kill Euram and throw him in the Feitas for touching Lymsleia. The impish little smile on her face was priceless.
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

character wise Lyon had much, much more substance than Miakis did. that's why I voted for her. as far as usefulness in battle goes I think Miakis is a bit better.

the rest is a spoiler, highlight to read it.

at least until Lyon gets the Twilight Rune. Then the scales tip a bit in her favor... even if she does have mediocre magic power.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Miakis. Though i liked both characters a lot. Her story may not be as deep as Lyon's but i liked her personality better somehow. Their stats don't matter to me as they are both capable of dealing quite a lot of damage, as well as being good support characters.
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Miakis is the choice for me. Both she and Lyon are very similar, but the three rune slots made her the better choice for me. Also I began to get a little annoyed at the voice of Lyon, and thought Miakis sense of humor was entertaining.
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Miakis over Lyon. Her three rune slots made her amazing, you could make her a decent mage, or you could make her a lethal damage dealer ( I prefer the latter :P ). PLus she has a nice sence of humor. Lyon is really cool too, its just I liked Miakis a lot more.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
Crimson

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both of them are great charater, but I have to admit that Miakis is my favourite female character in the entire suikoden histories

Both of are actually almost similar, they could do the sworn protector unite attack, have great amount of powers, have a lovable personality, cool and cute

But Miakis has more advantages than lyon, as she could use 3 slots of rune and lyon only 2 slots, miakis have fun and enterntaining personalities while lyon has more seriousness but adorable too

So overall Miakis is my favourite because of her smile and her style
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm with some of the people here who find Miakis' character a little more refreshing. It's nice to see someone who takes her job seriously when she has to, but finds time to enjoy life and have fun when she can. Lyon's creepy with her super duper uber loyalty to the Prince. It's like the Prince no longer has time for himself anymore because she keeps attaching her hip with his.

But geez... you guys sure underestimate Miakis in battle. She is easily one of the characters with the highest damage potential in the game (with Shigure and Kyle). She has the advantage with three free rune slots (Boost/Crazed/Double Edged), and a higher speed (which means higher multi-hit rate) and while you might feel a sense of regret that you're not gonna utilize her magic stat at all because of the Crazed Rune put on her, dealing between 6000-20000 damage per turn is just too hard to pass up.

By now, it's obvious who my choice is, but I'm not gonna vote in the poll yet. It's been a while since I last played Suikoden V, so maybe the next time I play it will be different...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: