Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fire Emblem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do you know when the new Fire Emblem for the GBA is released in the states?
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

croix you are not unbeatable i smashed you one i will do it again

whit this team

sain
kent
louen
guy
cainus
lyn
hecter
heath
barte

all maxed out

Oh and MMan9000 you sure like the low def high agility its not bad I do it all the time

Iv gone and maxed out every charicter at least once

oh and MMan9000 a word of advice dont use allready second form peolpe thry are no where near as good as if you train a similer person from squair one

such as a maxed out Erk is beter then a maxed out Pent

and MMan9000 what lv. is your nino :D

and the fire emblem for GB and GC should be out soon.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*laughs at Ravens pitiful team*
You can not compete you will fear my L337 power. :twisted:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo wrote:
Do you know when the new Fire Emblem for the GBA is released in the states?

If I'm not mistaken, it's coming somewhere around late May. Perhaps the 20th?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, you are right...I think it might be a bit later then that, but I am not certain...

actually, I am probably going to switch Louise for Priscilla and Pent for Canas, which brings my final party to:

required members:

Eliwood
Hector
Lyn
Athos
Nils

non-required members (ones that you could pick on your own)

Rebecca (speed and long range attack ability)
Florina (speedy and resistance)
Fiora (speedy and resistance)
Priscilla (healing)
Nino (powerful mage)
Canas (powerful, possibly best unit in game)
Oswin (damage proof)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey MMan9000 did u hear the rumor about Canas becoming a Dark Druid like Nergal? I was wondering if someone knew.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highlight to read.

Canas dies with his wife while trying to calm a fierce blizzard. Considering this sounds more like a benevolent act, he more than likely did not become a Dark Druid sometime before then.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think she means like how get him to a dark Druid during gameplay like to use him in combat.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During the game? Haha, fat chance.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, he can't become a Dark Druid, only a regular Druid sadly. If he became an actual Dark Druid then he would be by-far the best character in the game, not that he isn't already....

Official Smoke Bomb User

the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nvr tryed leveling up Canas but my boyfriend said you could but hes full of ***t so I was just wanting to confirm it.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if you've heard wind of this, but there is an upcoming Fire Emblem title out for both the GBA and the GCN. I liked Fire Emblem a lot from before SSBM, where the game really got it's first NA appearance. There are a lot of FE games for the Super Famicom, if anyone is interested, and they are just as enjoyable as the one that came out for the GBA.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nah, Canas is very powerful if used correctly. Rebecca is the same way, she might seem crappy at first, but give her time, she will not fail to impress.

I am nowhere near the end of the game. I just like planning things ahead of time, just for fun.

I heard that Nino was the better mage out of the three possible (her, Erk and Pent). Same thing with Rebecca being the best archer (out of her, Wil, and Louise). Priscilla and Canas don't really have competition since they are the only ones of thier type. Owsin is generally better then Wallace, since Oswin can gain more levels and they force you to promote Wallace. The Falcoknights (or Pegknights) are really good, and have some of the highest resistance in the game.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every character in Fire Emblem could end up being bad because of the RNG, which randomly decided your bonus stats when you level up. But overally, most of the characters would be strong enough to deal with every normal enemies, while some of the stronger characters would be the ones that can deal with the bosses.

Out of the magicians (and I'm talking about everyone here), I find it that only Lucius turned out weak. Canas is strong and ready to use up to the end. Erk is okay but might have a bit of problem at the latter stages. Pent is useful by the time you get him, it's just a matter of timing IMO (got him quite late in the game). Nino has the highest possibility of being the greatest magician in the game, but of course, it takes a lot of work for her to do that considering that she started at level 5 with around 5 chapters left til the end of the game. Overally though, I find Serra and Priscilla to be the best magicians. Serra criticals very often, while Priscilla is a mounted unit with huge movement range.

For the archers, I do think that Rebecca and Wil are quite equal. Rebecca is weaker, but she dodges way more (which she needs to because of her lower HP and DEF). Wil, on the other hand, is stronger and has more HP and DEF, but dodges a bit less (which he doesn't really need to anyway). So it's just a matter of your own preference.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...so then, what about Louise? Is she any good? The guide said that she was, but probably only because of her unite with Pent (who they say is a god-send)

I would wind up using Priscilla over Serra. I like the added movement, and besides what is better then a mage on a horse? It would take forever to level both of them up though in the earlier stages until you get staffs that give you crap loads of exp.

Nino would take time, but like most people, she is worth it. She reminds me of Nina from Suikoden II in a strange way, mainly because of their hairstyle being almost exactly alike....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: