Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Offical Name
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luc

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Offical Name Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there an offical name for S4 Hero or will they never give him one?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think thats very Suikoden-ey, giving them offical names and all.
besides, classic and tradtional RPG guys are "suppose to be you" and they want some customization.

but I agree, I need offical names, insted of "that guy/girl/thing/hero from XYZ game"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden main characters don't have official names. In III's case, the nameless one was the Flame Champion.
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about this for a name Levi, or at least that is what I will call him until the official name comes out. And sense he is a Pirate, Short-Stack Levi. Ah, pirates are cool.

Thief wrote:
Suikoden main characters don't have official names. In III's case, the nameless one was the Flame Champion.

Yes the main characters do have official names, Such as Tir and Riou, but the Flame Champion still has no name.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, "Tir" and "Riou" are names that were chosen for the novels. Konami has stated that they have no official names.
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that I didn't know. I guess they would be unofficial then, like the Wendys guy for all you Americans out there. I guess you do learn something new every day. I got to get me a novel.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It gets difficult to talk about the heros because they don't have official names... but that's part of the charm. Even so, I try to keep as close to an official name as I can, for ease of referring to them in conversation.
So far for 4, since there is none, I chose to use what Konami put into the trailer for his name. (I laughed the first time I watched the trailer and saw what another character refered to him as.) It was "Konami." Well, for me, the name stuck. So in my head, it's official, he's Konami. And the name doesn't seem that strange at all to me when I see it now.

I'm very glad that it's not really official though. I'm aware that I'm crazy, but I'd like to think the game designers still have a bit of sanity in them. If we want a more official name, I'd guess we'll have to wait for new novels.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just refer to them in how I named them in their own game, until Konami gives them a neme- so to speak...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zwijile! yes there is a good name for him!
I don't know if it means anything i jsut put some letters togher.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Laughs* Zwijile! I like it! I did that in Suikoden 1! for the first game the castle was known as Qvescf castle!

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just refer to them as Hero1, Hero2, FC (not really a hero the way the other's were), and Hero4, or Tir, Riou, FC, and Hero4. *shrug* I think eventually a novel or such will come out with an unofficial name that will be adopted, but I personally don't think it's that hard if they don't, either. (Though annoying as hell if you're planning on writing fanfiction or the like on it...You're pretty much stuck either inventing a name or going "Oh, the leader of the (x) army...." and the like.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like an official name also. It's just easier to refer to...

It wouldnt bother me if Konami doesnt give them an official names, I dont mind that the Flame Champion is not getting his official name, I just think it would be nice to have a name for the main characters, since we the gamers would talk a lot about them. Its sorta weird to call them Hero1 Hero2 Hero4...

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but it also keeps a personal connection to the story in a way. Whatever you name them, you're never wrong. I would like to see official names (at least for the FC), but I don't really mind.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Chad

688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

text removed for sheer pointlessness
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup. That is one thing unique in Suikoden. Having customizable names may be hard in the discussion of the said character but it gives you a sense of being in the game.

But also agree that 'Konami' is one of the perfect names for Hero4. :idea:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: