Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game/anime that make you cry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i cried when gremio died. but thats all i recall.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn you Optimus Prime... :(
Maybe its just me being a big crybaby or something, but I shed a tear at just about anything fairly sad as long as it is 1. set up well enough 2. has appropriate music playing 3. I actually give a dang.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lolI've never cried when passing again but I've felt like heart strings tugging. Some writing to games is very moving. I just finished Shadow Hearts:Convenant SPOILER* and when Yuri dies at the end it's pretty sad.

Then you have all the Suikoden games someobdy always dies. It's always a character that you like or atleast grow attached to.

The games that get me when the ending isn't exactly your cliche ending. Which i prefer cause the whole everybody lives happily ever after thing gets old. So I rather the ending be sad.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 - When i first watched my brother play Suikoden 1 many years back i was brought to tears by Mathiu dieing, at the end credits i was in tears and needed to leave the room.

Suikoden 2 - For some reason at the end when it says what everybody did after the war i also was in tears. I cant explain why i just was.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm afraid I don't watch anime and the only three 'sad' moments in a game both occurred in Final fantasy games

It looks like I'm posting nothing, but to prevent spoilers I have blacked everything out. Highlight for my response. No Chrono games, you ask? I was so swept away with the art and design of the games that the story, good as they are in the both of them, comes second.

1) Final Fantasy VI - Ooh, so many...I was also pretty young when I played it...maybe 12 or 13, so I was kind of emotional. I was moved by Celes' Opera scene, I was sad when Cid died, and I was also very sad when Cyan's family (whom Kefka had just killed poisoning Doma Castle) boarded the ghost train to the other side. VI is hands down the most emotional FF game, and I know very few people, including myself, that have gone through it without shedding a tear.

2) Final Fantasy VII - Look closely at my avatar. I have over 20 other similar Aeris Avatars that I'll have to post. What an incredibly beautiful character she was, certainly alot better than that repressed piece of DD eye candy, Tifa. From the start, her spunky nature, actually 'trying to have fun' with Cloud (instead of validating his deusions, again, Tifa...) and openly making a move on him if you got to date her at the Golden Saucer. I think that all of these signs, from Aeris being who the game is 'supposed' to have Cloud date at GS, to Cait Sith's predictions (both when you meet him and in the Temple of the Ancients) show that she was meant to be with Cloud...and Not Tifa, who I think was just a fallback...a sexy fallback, but a fallback still.

So, with all of this Aeris fanboyism built up inside of me, you can imagine how I felt when Sephiroth, that Jenova controlled punk, flies down from the ceiling and stabs her right through the back. The best warrior on the planet has to knife an unarmed girl right through the back?. Final Fantasy games are full of all sorts of these subtleties. Even though I heard that she dies from everybody...people on Message Boards, my friends, even a few members of my extended family, that she dies, I still felt a tear run down my cheek when Cloud lowered her into the water.

3) Final Fantasy X - Best friend beats the game two days before I do, but has the courtesy to let me see the ending, although he tells me it's 'beautiful'. First of all, let me just say that the Tidus-Yuna love story could have been played out alot better. Of course there were small hints at attraction, but you literally go from very little between them to that incedent in the Macalania Forest, and things just firework from there.

The end gets special points though. it was a beautiful FMV, with a beautiful ending theme that beats that of the pervious two games I mentioned (but not Chrono Cross...). The saddest part was when Yuna tried to run to Tidus, but he was already vanishing, and so she ran through him and bumped her head. She gets up, says I love you, and he jumps over the edge of the Airship, vanishing to the Farplane and for good measure giving props to his father, who at the beginning of the game he hated but now he loved. Great ending, great theme, great closure...so-so love story, mediocre sequel...
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well.. no games has this kind of affect on me but if any games came close it would be these few

*****spoilers*****

Chrono Cross, nothing in the game... but after a few years of getting this game back, it brought back memories, the music and the deep story that I liked a lot... still, I did feel pee'd off when Kidd was killed and that...

Suikoden one - Gremio... that's all I got to say... the music, the words... the way Gremio died was oh so not forgivable... but just for the game I had to forgive... grrr... also for your father... you had to kill him... oh no...

Suikoden two - Nanami... like Gremio stuck by your side most of the time... and in doing so made her a part of the main character... and then, like Gremio, died /or nera it whilst trying to protect you... again the words, the anger filled scene, the fact that THAT very moment allowed two opposite sides to join... how sad... so sad... sniff...

For some very strange reason... phantom crash affected me a little as well... though it ain't an role playing game, it had a deep story about living your life and death... of course I felt uncomfortable with death as the subject which is probably why as well...

JNX out...
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only two moments I can remember. One game, and one manga (If that counts)

Game: Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (Spoilers blacked out, highlight to see)

The ending was great, it was sad and happy, Cornet finally got to live with the prince happily ever after, but then you find out Kururu was really Cornet's mother in the form of a puppet, and now that Cornet can live happily ever after, she's ready to move on. Though the whole game you get to like Kururu and then you find out it was Cornet's mother watching over her the whole time, and is ready to move on. So happy :)

Manga: Confidential Confessions Volume 4 (Remember that each CC volume has totally different characters/story)

(I forget the main character's name) The volume about drugs, where the main character's parents were pushing her way to hard, and at the end she's having withdrawel symptoms (Not being allowed to have drugs) and literally starts digging a pencil into her hand from the pressure her father is putting on her to get top grades, and a good college, this happens right in front of her father and he finally realized he has been to hard on her, and he starts being a nice dad again. (The above sounds really stupid when explained, you'd have to actually read it)
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...it's good to see people replying my old topics.

Twin Spica It wasn't meant to be a sad anime, but there's so many touching scene I can't believe my eyes got wet in EVERY episode (20 episodes all). The concept is pretty simple, but very pure, so I guess that's what made me feel so touched. The story is like a little flower on this cruel today's world :D

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oooh... I forgot it said anime in the thread name... let me just add a few others...

Gungrave was one of the animes that was sad to me... they had you see the characters grow up and change and all that and you can see their mistakes and lust for power and such things that made them do what they did... I still feel sad every time I see the last episode of the series... the ending oh my god... just like suikoden two... I love it, the music, the clips that it plays, the characters that it shows... the words that they say... everything in it is just so... depressing lol I think I am going to watch the show again tonight...

Another anime that I find rather saddening... Grave of the fireflies... this must be the most saddest anime that I have ever seen in my life... again, you see the main characters good times and bad times, you see what happens to them and their family, you see how they deal with it and such just to live another day... this anime is too much and is the perfect anime for those who like dramas... this in terms of saddening, is the BEST... nothing can test this anime... of course the story in Gungrave was almost an equal to this one... though I would prefer Gungrave just a little bit better than this one I would have to say that this one is slightly better than gungrave in the saddening part...

That's all that I can think of at the moment... oh well...

JNX out
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Games:

Final Fantasy 6--I didn't feel much of anything in the first half, but the second half just left me despressed the whole way through. Course I had a bad cold at the time I was playing, but I think the Mobliz scenes got to me a lot, especially when I found out what happened to the wounded soldier and the events afterward. Just overall sad, yet you knew you had to fight.

Suikoden: Gremio's death. Need I say more?

Suikoden 2: Everytime I dealt with Jowy from Annabelle's death to the end of the game. I just dreaded it all. Combine the scenes with the music and I teared up. The scene where Shu slaps H2 for trying to run away was simply powerful. Flat out powerful. The whole game was powerful, but scenes involving Jowy teared me up a ton. Oddly enough, the bad ending didn't quite do that. Odd that.

Suikoden 3: Finding out what really happens to Luc. I was a faucet then.

Star Ocean: The Second Story: The scene with Rena and her puppy! BAWL! And that music didn't help any. *cries* There were some other scenes that did the same, but the puppy scene stands out the most for me.

Star Ocean 3: Not yet, but I'd like to point out that, from what I've heard so far, the Crimson Scourge scene is bound to make me cry. Supposed to be one of the most powerful scenes in the game. Then again, Albel is a powerful character.

Final Fantasy X-2: The scenes involving Shuyin/Lenne. It must have been the music though. Pretty music.

Wild Arms 3: When Gallows had to fight his younger brother. The scene after that made me weep with relief. Phew....

There's got to be more as I'm sure Persona and Persona 2 had some sand scenes, but I can't recall the details.

Anime:

Full Metal Alchemist: The scenes of Ed/Al's past and well, episode 7. 'Nuff said. I'll have to see more of the show to find more scenes that make me bawl.

Yu-Gi-Oh(quit looking at me like that): When Yugi sacrifices himself to the Seal of Orichalcos for Yami Yugi. "It only needs one of us". *weep*

Grave of the Fireflies: One of the most difficult anime movies to watch. I almost choked on my lunch in the beginning, and the end? I was about to explode.

Yami no Matsuei: Scenes towards the end of volume 2 and the scenes toward the ending. Strong stuff.

Fake: A particular murder scene. Should have seen it coming, but didn't.

I think that's about it for anime, but once I see more, I'm sure the list will increase.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its good to see we're all fully aware of our feelings and we reconize them without having to think very hard. I don;t think my mind is changed, and I should add more to my list, but basicly any suikoden-based scene goes the same to me, moreso because I attached to gremio. Areith's death didn't affect me, because I had an evil streak then, but the Nanikie and Seto scene did.

parts of Sorcerous Stabber Orphen made me said, mainly things conserning Azalie, we were kid-sitting at the time and the boy was pretty heart broken during one scene.

I can't recall but I think some things in Lunar were sad. and a bunch more FF things, like stuff in 10. I really forget, and my heart dosen't recall.

ok I admit I didn't really go thorugh real crying, but i still hurt inside. Lots of things in FFTs were painfull, and some parts in Saga frountier 1 and 2 were pretty sad (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about"

somone should make a sister topic on "shocking" scenes in games and anime, just "Omg they didn't..." type scenes. or one on 'songs that made you cry" (from games and anime to narrow it down)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I forgot about Lunar. In the Silver Star, I remember tearing up when I looked at Luna's Bromide after she got captured. I just missed her.

In Eternal Blue, I remember tearing up when Ghaleon was defeated for the last time. I wish I could remember the exact quote, but he was addressing Dyne and his final line was, "those children shine with your light". Beautifully done.

Then there's Earthbound. The little boy was homesick and he called his mother. Then, his homesickness went away. I thought the idea of being able to call his parents and his sister throughout the game was very touching. I found that so touching that it teared me up. I found the final battle/ending scenes very touching too. I have mixed feelings about this game, but it's addictive and a game that's gotten to me a lot. Must be the music. :D
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've shed a couple tears here and there when playing some games or watching some movies, but there's one movie that stands out the most for me, and that is Transformers The Movie.

I first watched this movie when I was a little kid (about 7-9). Now, for all of you who followed the cartoon show as kids, I don't need to remind you how incredibly different the cartoon series was from the movie as far as violence goes. In the cartoon, the Autobots could be run over, fall off a cliff, blasted by ray guns, bombarded by bullets, and STILL survive the episode with only a few scrapes or dents to show for it. Three minutes into the movie, I was shocked when Brawn was practically blown in half by Starscream. My mouth literally hung open when Prowl was taken out by a measly hand gun fired by Scrapper - Scrapper for God's sake! I was practically in tears by the time Iron Hide and Ratchet were blown to pieces, and the Decepticons headed on to destroy Autobot City. It didn't help matters latter when my favorite character, Wheeljack, suffered an off screen death. The movie generously let us know by showing his destroyed corpse lying on the ground next to Windcharger for about 2 seconds. Then they had to go and kill off my hero, Optimus Prime. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that I didn't suffer any mental trauma from the experience (it's a good thing they spared Bumblebee from the madness or I probably would have).

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to get me upset at anything anymore, but whenever I sing the Boat Song from Lunar: SSSC, a tear always manages to escape. That also applies to Luna's Song when Alex plays the ocarina at the Blue Dragon's shrine, and she sings with the choir while the Vile Sisters try to shut them up... well, except for Phacia, of course. Funny thing is that I wasn't a big fan of the Lunar series.

One upsetting moment happened in La Pucelle: Tactics late in the game. Highlight for spoilers.

Prier and gang meet Angelique, Croix's girlfriend, but she was being blamed for being a servant of the Fallen Angel Calamity, I think. I forget the details, but the main point is that I was upset when Angelique was taken away, tied up to a tree branch and stabbed both in her back and stomach, all over useless blame. I'm glad Prier taught a lesson to the psycho who sold Angelique out to the soldiers. >:)

Another touching moment occurred in Disgaea. Again, highlight below.

When the unusual pink Prinny was revealed to be Laharl's mother, I was bothered by how she couldn't hug her son and say good-bye before leaving him. The 'Red Moon' song also creeps me out, since it manages to pull off a song without any use of instruments.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big softy and almost every game I own has made me cry at some point or another, but these moreso than any others. *May contain spoilers*

FF VIII- When Squall goes to get Rinoa, who is floating out in space. Also when Squall and Rinoa are talking at the sroceress's house after he rescued her from the lab in Esthar and she tells him that she knows SeeD may have to kill her and that's okay, but only if it was Squall. I know there were other parts too, but I can't really recall them too well.

FF X- I found myself crying quite a bit through this game. It was just so sad. But it wasn't only the sad parts, I'm a big sucker for love stories. I think I must have used a whole box of tissues through the course of the game. The part where I cried the most though was the end. Auron was my favorite character and when he disappeared it was very sad for me. The part where Tidus and Yuna say goodbye also made me cry a lot, they seemed to love each other very much.

FF X-2- Some parts made me cry, but not as much as X did. I really hoped she would find Tidus again. I'm replaying it to get the perfect 100% ending, it sucks cause I was only like .3 percent off the first time I played it. I was so angry I didn't get the best ending. The story behind Linn and Shuyin got to me a lot and Yuna's dream.

Rhapsody:A Musical Adventure- the reason's for me are pretty much the same as other people who have posted here about them.

Chrono Cross- Yet again I thought it was sad for the reasons others have already posted, I can't remember some of it though, maybe I'll replay it...again. I got stuck on it at one point and everything that happened after that was a bit of a blur in my attempt to finish it befor I had to go back to school from summer vacation.

Suikoden III- I did cry when Lulu died, because even though he got on my nerves a couple times, I had gotten used to him, and dare I say...liked his character.And when you have to tell Luce it was hard for me to do. In the end Sarah's devotion to Luc, and willingness to stay with him, even though she knew they would both die in those ruins.

Suikoden IV- *Spoiler, suggusted not to read unless you already completed the game* I know for most people, it was their least favorite Suikoden, but I liked it even if it was too short. The only part that made me cry here was the ending. I had all 108 stars,but I had no idea he would wake up. I saw him in the boat and I started bawling 'Oh no he's dead, why is he dead, he can't die!', but then I was like 'Did his hand just twitch?!' Then he opened his eyes and I was like 'You're alive, you're alive!' And I was happy then.

Anime- I can't remember what they were called but a few got to me. And when I was readind the manga Fushigi Yugi I cried a LOT.

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: