Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Game/anime that make you cry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Game/anime that make you cry Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you ever been moved to tears by anime/game story?
Well, some of them have really nice story that's not hard to find yourself crying along (I'm pretty sure that it's not just me :D ). Here's some of them

anime:
Gundam 0080 : well, the story itself is not like a usual Gundam-action-story, as it focus on drama. *spoilers * The ending is very sad, where a boy, Al, watch a video of good memories before the upcoming tragedy, of a girl that killed her would-be-lover, without knowing that it was him that she killed, and Al keeps the secret for himself, telling the girl that the guy is going back to his hometown. It closed with Al crying by himself ater watching the video.

Little Women (the 1987 production, part of world masterpiece theatre anime) well, nothing I can say about it other than it has a very beautiful and touching storyline. The story is even more touching than the novel (originally written by Louisa May Alcott in 19th century)

game :
Chrono Cross *spoilers* the good ending part, where Serge lose his memory is so sad, and I was very touched about Schala's struggle to keep her heart pure but the greatest part is in Schala"Kid" letter, which is very beautiful, it consist of some of the things that we might never think of.

Wild Arms 2 The romance between some of the main character is very touching. The one I like most is the scene when Ashley told Marina that the place he need to come back is only between her two arms. I instantly shed tears. The other great scene is when Marina told Ashley that she can't convey her feelings with words (but with her body... 17+ LoL)

La Pucelle *spoilers* I really like the scene when angelique was stabbed. It's really sad and heart stabbing. Actually the overall story of the game is very good, yet touching. Alouette's death, The Angel's talk in the ending, etc.

Wild Arms 3 The story itself is not that bad actually, but the most touching storyline, ironically, is in the side-story. I'm talking about the Novel that you can find in the game, 12 all, with the story about a boy name Jack and Marivel. The twelve chapter contain really good story, with the ending took place seven years after Marivel's long sleep. The ending is very bright

Well, how about you? is there any anime/game that you think is very touching?

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about touched but every time I watch Ranma 1/2 I feel for poor Ranma and all his girl troubles, I guess you could say the same for poor Tenchi as well.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only game that made me cry was Final Fantasy 7(FF7 SPOILERS)
when Sephroth stabbed Aeris OMG that was so sad :cry:
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've never really felt sad/cried during a video game, but this anime that I watched with my family called 'Millenium Actress' made me sad...the whole story was depressing in a happy kind of way, and I _almost_ cried at the end. I reall recommend it to anyone who likes anime.

As for Aerith, well I say she got what she deserved :twisted: (lol)
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grave of the Fireflies. Saddest anime ever.

As for a game, i guess the part in Devil May Cey after the "Legendary Battle" could have been pretty sad if it wasn't for this...

All the way to the edge of this world
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... I don't know about ones that made me cry, but there were a few that really made me mad. For example- The ending for Cowboy Bebop and another would be not the anime in particular but just because it was so short, Trigun ( it should have had more episodes)
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Klaus says goodbye to Kiba in Suikoden II, both knowing he wont be coming back - that was touching to watch.

Princes Mononoke was pretty moving when he had to leave the village at the start.

I know it's not an anime, but Optimus dying in Transformers - childhood ended for me the day he died. :'(

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Klaus says goodbye to Kiba in Suikoden II, both knowing he wont be coming back - that was touching to watch.

Princes Mononoke was pretty moving when he had to leave the village at the start.

I know it's not an anime, but Optimus dying in Transformers - childhood ended for me the day he died. :'( Hey! I was 8 or so at the time!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I know it's not an anime, but Optimus dying in Transformers - childhood ended for me the day he died. :'( Hey! I was 8 or so at the time!

:cry: ...OK that one I remember, that got me too.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first time I played Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. The ending is so sad, yet happy. It actually made me cry when.... *Spoilers*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When Kururu says goodbye to Cornety, after revealing that she is really Cornet's dead mother, that has been watching over Cornetsince she died. Now that Cornet has her happily ever after with the prince, it is fionally ready to say goodbye, and the puppet drops to the ground.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden....

Gremio's death scene... For many reasons. The first one being the fact that he sacrificed himself for the life of another. The second being the fact that he died in a gruesome way and with one of my biggest fears (being eaten alive that is - I don't care by WHAT... just being eaten alive scares the living daylights out of me). And the final reason being that I always pictured him as a sad character in the first place... him dying didn't make me see him any less sad than the image painted in my mind.

There were other instances but none that stuck to memory all that well it seems. :|

Rebel of Babylon

1133804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's also not an anime, but it still affects me when Dinobot sacrifices himself during the second season of Beast Wars. Such a great character with a great ending, and the first time I can remember seeing the "Missing Man" formation in an animated show, the only other time being in the final episode of Shadow Raiders, also by the same company which did Beast Wars.

There are a number of moments in games which have affected me, most of them being from the Suikoden games. Ted remaining behind as a decoy so Tir could escape, Gremio sacrificing himself to protect Tir as well as the other members of the party, Black dying and Futch being banished from the Dragon Knights. The death of Teo at Tir's hands, and the death of Mathiu at the end of the game.

In Suikoden II; the part with Riou, Nanami and Pilika waiting for Jowy to return from the Highland camp, the return of Gremio and Tir in Banner and Nanami's event in Rockaxe. I never actually hated or disliked Nanami, so when it was said she had died, I wondered if I had done something wrong and replayed that portion of the game, trying to see if I could prevent it.

I'm forgetting some, I'm sure, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Dragon Ball Z made me weep at times...but not in the context which this topic is asking. :P

On to the spoilers...

Games...
Chrono Trigger depressed the heck out of me, especially 2300 AD...Glenn's and Janus' stories were tragic and touching...and I nearly cried at the summit of Death Peak.

Final Fantasy 7...while Aeris haters laughed their asses off, I was genuinely sad when she died.

Xenogears...very emotional at the end of disc 1...the whole disc 2...

Suikoden...I couldn't initially be sad at Gremio's death because I was screaming at him to get out of the stupid room. But it was sad. And Teo's death was touching too, just because he went so peacefully and without regret or hatred.

Suikoden 2, Nanami's speech when she was shot down by the arrows... and poor Pilika, kept losing everybody.

Suikoden 3...again, while Lulu haters were cracking up, I really felt for Hugo, and for Chris. And especially for poor Luce when she had to be told. All the Luc/Sarah stuff at the end of the sixth POV was pretty touching too.

Final Fantasy 10...I can't really name much that wasn't depressing...hehe. I know the theme to Mt. Gagazet was emotionally stirring...and, as wanky as Tidus was, it was sad when he had to go.

LUNAR: SSSC... the end of the Goddess Tower...very emotional...

LUNAR: EBC... the very same! Very emotional! :P The Mauri stuff got me at the time as well. And, returning to the Blue Spire...that got me too.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh I hate emotions....I really messed my ablity to reconise/feel them in a normal way a long time ago. I hate feeling sad because I have mental OCD and that won't be too good. Its nice to see what makes others cry, if I ever do become a writer for what ever reason and in what ever forum I to, then help people feel.

sad things......

well for the most part just finishing a game...is the profound (right word?) feeling of your story is over.......its sad

attachment.

I should of known, ever sence some game that I shouldn't get attached to characters...Like for some reason Jessy/Jessie from FF7. why did they kill him/her (if you own the demo disk you'll see why I switch sexes)

that old dude from FF5 dying. I was pretty upset, I was also super Miffed because he had such high stats and such. Oh don't get me going when my Friend Killed one of my FFT guys, he kicked ass. Leon i think his name was. Wasn't in the story but I was pretty sad when that happens.

The Spolier parts for FF10, yeah, how insperational.

Gremio's death, Ted's death.....everybody dying. The Luc thing. its touching.

---------

Anime that is sad.

I'll try and reminisce and pour my heart out, but for some reson I can't right now, but there are parts in the anime "Orphen" (american title, its so short) are sad. We used to watch my mom's friend's kid and I got him "hooked" on it, and he was having "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" moments. in good reason to.

as I said, I'm not, well one to just start bawuling I keep my pain and sadness (non story reasons) pent up, latly I've felt a tad weepy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were plenty of close calls.

Disgaea - The end of the Red Moon Chapter when Laharl confronts his dead mother. And the end where Lamington turns Flonne into a flower followed by both the good and bad ending.

Arc The Lad 2 - Knowing that most of the relationships you made in this game as well as Arc the Lad 1, tragically ended when the world was destroyed in the end of the game.

Secret of Mana - The Sprite dissapeared without saying goodbye.

Final Fantasy 6 - Locke and Rachel's story. The theme song didn't help either. The end of that quest was especially touching.

Star Ocean: Till the End of time - Amina and Leon's deaths. They died right there together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: