Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dynasty Warriors POW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Strike one. Don't ask for something like that again.

Why exactly? lol

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else think they are going for a Dynasty Warriors 6 expansion that will add more characters like the Samurai Warriors Expansions?

Add the cut characters back in and put boards that are later in the history for them to be in.

Xing Cai and Jiang Wei only appear later on in the story, as do Meng Hou and Zhu Rong- it'd make sense to add them in for an expansion.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually that does sound like a good idea. And if any of you have studied Chinese history you know just how much more there is to the fighting beyone this little slice of time that the book takes place in. Really they could find a whole new line up of new characters in a later era, and connect the stories with the characters they already have that they took out. That is a stretch of course but they could do it.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo, the southern campaign is the only time in which Meng Huo and Zhu Rong appear in the story, and we know that previous Dynasty Warriors games have covered that part of the book well enough.

Overdose wrote:
Leb wrote:

Why exactly? lol

Because he asked where to download a video game. Piracy and aiding it is explicitly forbidden in the SuikoX forums' TOS.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was expecting new characters to get models for officers like Yu Jin and Yue Jin, just to make the 5 generals of Wei complete. Also some possible characters I'd like to have playable are Li Dian (Wei), Jian Yong (Shu), Jiang Qin (Wu), Man Chong (Wei), Guo Jia (Wei). *sigh* But since the game's already released in Japan, I doubt they'll add it for the American Version coming out on March 2008...

And look!

Baby Xing Cai! :mrgreen:

Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ralphy Leone Tensei wrote:
And look!

Baby Xing Cai! :mrgreen:

Or perhaps its little Lady Zhang, apparently Xing Cai was fictional and based on a fusion of Zhang Fei's daughters or other minor characters. Is DW becoming more loyal to history? some of the weapon changes suggest that.

And sorry Leb I misread your post, I thought you were refering to something else.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:

Overdose wrote:
Leb wrote:

Why exactly? lol

Because he asked where to download a video game. Piracy and aiding it is explicitly forbidden in the SuikoX forums' TOS.

But isn't backseat moderating also a violation in a way, sort, or matter?

Last edited by Ralphy Leone Tensei on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Timbo, the southern campaign is the only time in which Meng Huo and Zhu Rong appear in the story, and we know that previous Dynasty Warriors games have covered that part of the book well enough.

True, but it is still later in the book. I don't think it's unfeasible for an expansion pack to add in the Nanman campaign and then have the Nanman characters appear in a few later Shu boards as Shu generals, but stay as 'other' for their designation.

Quote:
But isn't backseat moderating also a violation in a way, sort, or matter?

Not when its a moderator doing it.

Quote:
Or perhaps its little Lady Zhang, apparently Xing Cai was fictional and based on a fusion of Zhang Fei's daughters or other minor characters. Is DW becoming more loyal to history? some of the weapon changes suggest that.

From where Xing Cai appeared in DW5 she is based of Zhang Bao, Zhang Fei's son. Zhang Bao became a minor character after Zhang Fei died and did a few things, but nothing to the scale of Zhang Fei. She would work easily for an expansion with the later campaigns (although, I wish they'd just put in Zhnag Bao instead).
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at what I just found out from IGN about Dynasty Warriors: Gundam!

Quote:
January 8, 2008 - Bandai Namco announced today plans to port Gundam Musou from the PS3 and Xbox 360 to the PlayStation 2. Set to be titled Gundam Musou Special, the PS2 port of the series known internationally as Dynasty Warriors: Gundam will feature new scenarios and mobile suits over its more high-end counterparts.

In Japan, the PS2 version of the game is due for release on February 28. International versions have yet to be announced.

A new Warriors game is ought to make up for the lackluster Warriors Orochi. :mrgreen:

Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its nice to know this game will be given a PS2 release, when I heard about this game I was unsure what to think maybe due to me not being a Gundam fan. I hope the game does offer something new.

FOREVER X!!!
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now if only Dynasty Warriors 6 could get a PS2 release as well...

Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dynasty Warriors 6 is looking sweet. 5 just did'nt look next gen but at least it was available.

Lu Bu FTW.

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason, Dynasty Warriors 5 had a brown color scheme in the menu and in gameplay as well. Probably because of the main menu causing an optical illusion but I could be wrong though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: