Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dynasty Warriors POW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
I haven't ben following this very closely, but have any new characters been revealed yet?

Unfortunately no. It's practically confirmed that there are no new characters, only cuts. Which is pretty pathetic, really.

I like the new Yuan Shao though, especially since he's ditched the helmet look. Now for a better quality picture!

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man oh MAN. The new Zhang He is... Well he's rivaling Oda Nobunaga for me. He's just so...Absurd in his new design. I also happen to really really like his new weapon. He's gonna be Oh so fun.

WEI:
Cao Cao: More of the same in a good way.
Cao Ren: He...Kind of looks like a transformer to me. I like it. I think...
Cao Pi: Is gorgeous
Xiahou Dun: I love his new look as a whole. The new weapon is fun too.
Xiahou Yuan: Happy trail eh? I guess I like it.
Xu Huang: The new Axe is great. He should be just as fun as ever.
Xu Zhu: An improvement, but still lacking. Though his art is cute.
Zhang He: Just as fun as ever
Sima Yi: Oh my. He's going to be so fun to play as. I like how they made him so different from Zhuge.
Zhen Ji: A whore. But it works well enough, I guess.

Shu: Yeah, whatever. Boring as usual. I love the new Pang Tong and Wei yan is...interesting

Wu: Mostly good. Lu meng and Sun Quan are nice. Taishi Ci is awesome with his Tadakatsu Spear.

Yuan Shao: I love it. Suits him pretty well, and I do like his new sword..
Lu Bu: Windmill of death, baby
Jesus / Zhang Jiao: Yeah, It's..different, but I like what I see.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diao Chan - Who is she? Jean? Why do the girls' outfits keep getting smaller?

Lu Bu - Made of rape, as always

Sun Shang Xiang - A bow? Really? I think I liked the chakram better, though her design does look more fun

Wei Yan - GTFO!

Cao Pi - I would have this man's babies

Pang Tong - Lol. Mothra is the first thing that comes to mind, but I do like the design. I just have to wonder what kind of voice they'll give him...

Sima Yi - I'm going to call him the Piano Man. Those claws...I'm not sure if I should laugh or cover my neck for fear of strangulation

Zhuge Liang - Still with the fan I see. He doesn't look as kick-ass as Sima

Yue Ying - Still don't care for the bow but I do like the design. As long as she isn't blabbing about how great Zhuge Liang is every 3 seconds I might be able to use her

Xiahou Dun - I really love this new design. He's like Wei's version of Zhou Tai

Dian Wei - Could they make him look any crazier in the artwork? I think the ball and chain might work for him but I'm going to miss that huge axe. It worked so well for him :P

Zhang Liao - Haha, I love this man but that helmet looks stupid.

Xu Zhu - There aren't words to describe how appreciative I am of the fact that they make him the same fat ignoramous they've portrayed him as in all the other games. I might actually choose to play as him now

Xiahou Yuan - Now he looks like a fat slob with his belly hanging out. And happy trail? Try happy forest XD

Cao Ren - Good grief. Why don't they just make him a dwarf and be done with it? Seriously! Give the guy a hammer...

Zhou Yu - The clothes are a bit too plain, but from the way he looks I'm sure his personality will more than make up for it. I think I may have liked his older designs better. Is it just me or does he kinda remind anyone else of Rahal from Suiko 5?

Lu Xun - When I first saw him on the Koei site, the first thing out of my mouth was "Who's the new girl?" I still like the design though, and I for one am grateful to see him ditching the dual wield

Sun Jian - Why is it that even the 'old' men have to look bad ass? Not that I'm complaining. The white hair really seems to suit him, but he doesn't look any less strong or any more feeble considering the obvious attempt to increase his age

Taishi Ci - He should be very awesome with a spear. I'm going to miss his C4 with those iron rods though

Lu Meng - He still feels a little generic but he manages to fit in nicely with all the other redesigns

Huang Gai - Another instance where white hair doesn't necessarily mean old. I'm just glad they shortened his hair. At least it looks like they did. I hated this man and the way his hair looped around his neck in the old design. I was waiting for someone to choke him with it

Sun Ce - HAWT! I'm a sucker for guys in silver armor

Zhao Yun - Like I said, I'm a sucker for guys in silver armor. I know they always make a big deal about Zhou Yun, but I really do like the new design

Liu Bei - The younger face suits him better I think. He's too idealistic and brash not to be young

Huang Zhong - Fur is murder! But it looks good on him.

Guan Ping - Thank God he isn't a mini-me of Guan Yu anymore

Xiao Qiao - You can only beat a dead horse so much. Give it a rest Koei. For the love of cake you could at least have given her a new weapon!

Dong Zhuo - Eew.

Of course Scott loves Zhang He. A midriff shirt, daisy duke shorts, thigh high boots, and a skirt! What's not to love? :mrgreen:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All thanks and praise to Hawkthanatos for linking the pics to the majority of DW charactes here. i applaud your effort *claps hands*

But i must confess, i find myself looking disappointed with the vast majority of the character protraits. And i dislike how they've confiscated their unique weapons and gave them more traditional weapons, and sometimes vice versa. I detest the new look for Zhou Yu, since it made him look more feminine, i think the previous art in DW5 was better, and the one for DW3 was the best.

Zhao Yun, the second of my #1 character, the other one being Zhou Yu, looks okay, but i don't know about the Paladin look.

The only character art that looked improved on would be Lu Bu's, Pang Tong's, Sun Quan and Xiahou Dun's, somewhat. I like the shorter/medium legnth hair on Xiahou Dun, but i dislike the spiked club.

Well, i feel myself not caring to buy DW6. They better have made some greater improvement on the gameplay.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think I'm actually going to buy a PS3 just for this game. It seems like I'll be looking forward to the new gameplay and mostly the new characters models (especially the women of DW :mrgreen: ). This might actually be a good Dynasty Warriors game since Dynasty Warriors 4 and a better Warriors game than Samurai Warriors 2.

Now let's wait and see if they'd be releasing a first person version of this game on the Wii, a la Samurai Warriors: Katana.

As for now, I can only say.......DAMN!

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
I detest the new look for Zhou Yu, since it made him look more feminine, i think the previous art in DW5 was better, and the one for DW3 was the best.

I gotta admit I just don't see the feminineness in Zhou Yu that others seem to, perhaps because I've looked at his picture a lot since he's my avatar at the moment. Sure he's got long hair but other than that there isn't really anything all that feminine about him. Not like Zhang He.

I'm gonna agree with Ralphy Leone Tensei on this game making me want to purchase a PS3. There's other games that I'd buy if I had one but this one actually makes me want to fork out the cash in the first place.
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like Zhou Yu's new design as much as his old ones either. I don't think he looks feminine in the face, but the cut and color of his clothing does make him look more feminine to me.

I thought DW6 was coming out on the 360 too? I'd save some cash and forgo the PS3 in favor of the XBox.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah but the 360 only has Mass Effect so I'm not hugely interested in buying the system.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread isn't about the console wars or what console has what else on that system.

Yes, this game is coming out on both PS3 and 360.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well… I guess I better give some collected thoughts!

Wu:
Lu Xun -I like the new armor, I still think I prefer his design in IV better, but this is an improvement over the V design for sure. I don’t see why he has the eye tattoo, but alright. I know a lot of people aren’t missing his hat, though I was okay with it. I guess my major problem with him is the loss of one of his swords. I liked the dual sabres, though he wasn’t very good with them since what.. III? Conflicted, but I’ll take it as a pass.
Gan Ning -I’m highly conflicted here. I still highly prefer his design in V, hands down. His new outfit and the dual blades should be interesting though. Having the blades might be sort of like Lu Xun used to be, perhaps. If nothing else, maybe he’ll get a bit more control. I don’t like his hair at all though, and I feel like they made his face more feminine, and he isn’t supposed to be feminine at all. *sigh* He was one of the few masculine guys who wasn’t a bear. All these girly faced guys running around, half of them are gonna be prettier than the women. However, they didn’t forget the bells, so I’ll let them by.
Huang Gai -I honestly never really cared for him either way, I think the white hair aged him a bit, honestly. However he doesn’t look feeble or anything of the sort.
Ling Tong- Alright, my favorite three characters are Gan Ning, Lu Xun, and Ling Tong. I just got done whining about girly men, and then they give me this. The upside is he doesn’t look like he’s wearing pj’s.. but now he looks like a gymnast or something. In all honesty, I’m alright with the outfit. His face though.. Oy, he was sort of girlie before, but now he’s super girlie looking. I imagine with this new weapon he won’t be insanely fast anymore. However, it is more realistic than his previous one. I’m not overly opposed, but I’m not overly impressed, either.
Lu Meng - Finally! Something I don’t have to complain about. Lu Meng looks awesome. I didn’t really like his old design, so I’m happy to see the improvement here! Very Nice!
Sun Ce -He actually looks like some sort of nobility now, go figure. I’m actually pretty okay with this too, honestly.
Sun Jian -Super dark facial hair and then white silver regular hair. He looks like he got electrocuted or something. What the hell they’re doing with hair in this game, I don’t know, but I’m not sure I like it. His armor looks nice though.
Sun Quan -He doesn’t look like the same character AT ALL. Mind you, I didn’t like him before, and he’s pretty alright with this new design .
Taishi Ci -I never really cared either way about this guy either, but I think he’s more pulled together in this one. The weapon should be interesting actually. It’s sad there’s less unique weapons, but it’s not too bad.
Xiao Qiao -I can only hope that by remove her sister, that they’ll give her better moves. Da Qiao always had faster combos I found. Where Xiao’s tended to have lag moments or time where she could be interrupted. Or her running hit where she’d belly flop into the enemy. She’s still cute, and totally doesn’t look like a warrior at all. I’m just hoping for move sets here.
Zhou Tai -I like the improvement here. He’s in the right country at least, and I just think he looks really badass.
Sun Shang Xiang -So they took one of the only women who COULD fight, or at least was trained to do so even if she never did, and turned her into a fairy princess. (Then deleted Zhu Rong, the other woman fighter.. Geez) I think her outfit is cute I guess.. Which is totally unfitting to the game. SSX was always a bit tom boyish, and now she’s a fluffy girl. Plus her weapon got lame. I’m very unimpressed.
Zhou Yu -I think he looks more masculine this time around, honestly. The hair does make him look more feminine, but I think his costume is more masculine this time. It’s not as overly ornate before, but I find mostly everyone is like that, and I sort of like it, everything isn’t so busy.

Shu:
Zhao Yun -I don’t find he changed much, the armor is different. I see the face is the same, which is good, now if they could have kept this trend on some of the other characters I would have been happy.
Guan Yu- Is it me, or are they sort of prettying him up? He’s not bad, his traditional art looks pretty nice.
Zhang Fei -Never really cared about this guy, so I don’t have speculation.
Guan Ping -Honestly, I’m happy to see they ditched his Cloud Strife sword. His hair is different, I still find they girlied him up a bit, but not too bad. The shorts though, I’m not too fond over. He sort of reminds me of Tidus (FFX) for some reason… must be the hair/short/weird vest thing?
Huang Zhong- I feel like he’s an Eskimo now or something.
Liu Bei[i] -That’s great he got his double swords, but I keep feeling like he stole it from Lu Xun, even if he didn’t really. So it makes me mad at him, plus I don’t really care about anyone on Shu that much.. Except Jiang Wei (Oh right, they DELETED HIM!) Meh.
[i]Pang Tong
-He looks pretty good actually, face still wrapped. I’d pass this as an improvement.
Ma Chao -I liked his old design, but I do like this one too. Another pass I’ll say!
Wei Yan -This guy is just scary, I don’t know what the hell is going on here, he’s insane. Props for having a pet croc.
Yue Ying -She’s really pretty! I don’t know how I feel about the bow, because I liked how she controlled before, but oh well. I find it funny she’s the prettiest girl, and historically she was unpretty, oooh funny!
Zhuge Liang- At least they left his fan, I like the new outfit too. I never use him, but the design is nice!

Wei:
Dian Wei -So, he’s all kinds of crazy. My dad likes to use him though. The tribal tattoo is odd. But he’s as scary and mean looking as ever.
Xiahou Dun -I dunno how I feel about the club thing, but he looks pretty good. Sort of emo pirateish with that hair, but his outfit is cool.
Sima Yi -So, this guy is a serial killer. Alright, I sort of fancy those wire glove things, this change might make me actually use him.
Cao Cao -Same ole same ole I say.
Cao Ren -I hate this little freak. That’s all there is to it, I haaaate him. He’s my second least favorite character ever…
Cao Pi -He’s all kinds of awesome looking, I’ll actually use him! I like him so much more than his father. He got a good facial change, he doesn’t look so disgruntled.
Xiahou Yuan- ….and here’s my first least favorite! I hated him before, now he has clothes on that don’t fit. Gross. Ugh. No!
Xu Huang -I actually think this guy looks cooler. I used to hate him too for some reason, but I’m alright with this design.
Xu Zhu -Nothing much changed. His traditional art is so cute though ha-ha.
Zhang He -His traditional art looks a lot better this time. I’m sad to see the claws go though, but I could see this weapon being good as well. I don’t think I’ve liked him as much as I did in 3 though, where he used to skate around and slice people. The belly top and princess half skirt thing going on is rather weird, but he’s the feminine male poster boy so I let him by with it.
Zhang Liao -The change in hat is good, congrats.
Zhen Ji -So she was always sort of skanky, but she did it in a regal sort of way and looked like a lady, somewhat. I think she just outright looks like a whore now. Fail. She used to look more exotic, too, and now her face looks like 12 yr old girl to me, and paired with the previous comment, gross. That weapon is strange looking though, could be interesting.

Other:
Dong Zhuo -I didn’t think he could get anymore gross.. But I was wrong. Actually, he beats Cao Ren and Xiahou Yuan in grossness.
Yuan Shao -He actually looks sort of cool, I just might use him!
Zhang Jiao -Nothing much changed, but I have to say props on the traditional art, it’s nice for sure.
Lu Bu -I really don’t care either way, I’ll say it. Don’t kill me.
Diao Chan -She’s pretty, and I like her new weapon. She’d so get stabbed in the torso and killed in about 3 seconds, but we’ll overlook that.

All in all, a lot of the changes I’m alright with, but they changed some things on my 3 favourites, who are conveniently all Wu. that I’m not so pleased about. They improved, one of my favourites from Wei, Cao Pi, and Zhang He is still okay. Shu… well, they deleted Jiang Wei, which makes me overly peeved, and Yue Ying isn’t too bad. The others.. Well, they got rid of Zhu Rong which makes me sad, since she was my no fluff tough wench girl character, sigh.

Unlike others, this will NOT be making me buy a PS3 I’d say. I do want to play, but not enough to buy a system. I still prefer the art thus far for V over VI. I’m hoping, that when they release the Xtreme or empires or whatever they call it version to make more money, that they’re smart and re-add the characters they took out. Not only did they not introduce anyone new they went and cut out 7... Ugh, I’m just so annoyed. At least putting those characters back into the second edition might make them some sales for people who want all the characters back. They did that with Samurai Warriors Extreme I think, where they added in a couple people.

I’m back and forth over this I guess, I like some I hate some. I’d like to play, but I won’t go out of my way or over and beyond to do so.

-My DeviantArt-
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I'll say it here before anyone flips out.

from everything I've read people's move sets do start out seeming like clones. For example, Guan Yu and Zhang He, of all people, start off fighting very similarly. Supposedly as you level up your characters their move sets diversify. So supposedly the current rumor of cloned move sets has been Debunked.

A good example is Zhao Yun and Ma Chao. Supposedly they start off similarly as well, but Zhan Yun Maintains a more graceful Move set, while Ma Chao's becomes less...refined and less elegant.

Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a shame to see Jiang wei go. He did not have a real big role in the other games, but in history he was pretty interesting.

But its just a game, and from what I can see right now the cool new character stuff more than makes up for it. Its all new and different. It will be like playing the game for the first time, kind of. Which is probably exactally what they are looking for.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait wait wait wait wait. They actually did get rid of Jiang Wei?

They keep Guan Ping and dump Jiang Wei? What?
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea, I just read that in here. Did I miss a post maybe? =X

I have to say though that Gan Ning looks less pirate-y. And that if they were to take anyone out of Wu it should be Sun Jian since in the book his part is really short, but I guess there is a lot in the book that is not in the games.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Jiang Wei was axed. I don't mind it so much considering that he contributes very little. If they ever decide to go beyond beyond Wu Zhang plains, I'd hope they add him and Deng Ai. The way I see it, odds are all the axed characters will either be added back in XL, or maybe added as downloadable content.

...I am gonna miss Jiang Wei's event from Wu Zhang Plains they had in DW5. "No...Prime minister....NooOOoooOOOooooOOO~~~!!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: