Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dynasty Warriors POW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Dynasty Warriors POW! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just curious, how many people know about dynasty Warriors?

Ok, also how many people love Dynasty Warriors (I assume that you either think it's alright, of that you absolutely are addicted to the game)?

If you are reading this, then i'm assuming that you have played the game before. What's your favorite top 10 Characters? This is from all the games, not neccessarily from 4, 4:Xtreme Legends and 4:Empires.

Here's mine:

1. Zhao Yun!
Is there anyone who doesn't love the guy? cool character, great moves (which was greatly improved from 3, when the 6th charge had no protection in the back.) and great stats!

2. Zhou Yu!
Don't confuse the two. these two are my fav characters. So it was hard deciding which would be better. In truth i like them equally, but Zhou Yu is not as well rounded as Zhao Yun. The fun thing about Zhou Yu is that he's a jugging kind of character.

3. Xiahou Dun
You just got to love the scimitar.....and the eyepatch.

4. Diao Chan
If you read some of the faqs about Diao Chan, they'll say that she's one of the worst characters to use. That is not the case for me. Not only is she hot, but all of her acrobatics make her a hard character to hit and i am much more proficient with this character than with all of my friends.

5. Zhang Liao
He's not as strong as Lu Bu, or Zhang Fei, but he's strong nonetheless, and the 6th charge is a real winner!

6. Jiang Wei
I don't know why peopel keep dissing him. My firends and I like using him. He's fast and has a cool Musou. Even though he doesn't seem to have an original movelist, more copied from Ma Chao and Zhao Yun.

7. Xiao Qiao
I pretty much like using her since she's Zhou Yu's wife. And very cute. But she's not bad.

8. Liu Bei
I'm pretty sure that everyone loves him.

9. Gan Ning
Check out his Chicken Run Musou! Interesting design.

10. Guan Yu
I think everyone loves him as well.

Please try to be a more open minded person and don't use Lu Bu. He's not the awesome anyways!

Any comment about the series is more than welcome.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great series of games also the RTK series with the characters rocks.

1. Lu Bu
2. Dong Zhuo
3. Sun Ce
4. Sun Jian
5. Sun Quan
6. Cao Cao
7. Cao Ren
8. Lui Bei
9. Da Quio
10. Xiahou Yuan

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:lol: i liked Dong Zhuo's belly flop at the end of his Musou! Great surprise when duelling with friends!

I don't know how you can use Cao Ren, but i guess it takes practice.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It does take a little bit of practice and getting used to.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the series, but too many people think the games portray the Three Kingdoms period accurately. As for preferred characters...

Jiang Wei has always been a favorite of mine, mostly because his attacks grow wider in range as you perform his chain (his last attack is a full 360 degrees). I also like the idea of a strategist that doesn't use one of those damnable fans, so his trident is a plus.

Liu Bei is another one of my preferred characters. I really enjoy his (in-game) personality, and I'm very comfortable with his attack chain and charge moves.

Lastly, I'm a huge fan of... uh... that girl with the scythe? I can't remember her name at the moment. Anyway, I enjoy using her because of her absurd speed and attack speed.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You must mean Yue Ying. Yeah, she's pretty cool, especially her first charge. It's nice to have a cute woman who's more tomboyish, not like Zhen Ji, or the Qiao sisters.

But i understand about saying that most people think that people think that it's very acurate to the real history. I know that it was stated that Yue Ying, wife of Zhuhge Liang, is supposed to be ugly. But Zhuge Liang married her because of her vast knowledge. But i think that it's accurate to a degree.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Lu Xun
2. Zhou Yu
3. Sun Ce
4. Guan Yu
5. Me! (customization your own char) :lol:
6. Liu Bei
7. Sun Quan
8. Meng Huo
9. ?
10.?
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... this game is great, some say the gameplay becomes repetitive, but i enjoy killing mass armies and detroying at least 2000 men in a level with unlimited soldiers such as Lu Bu's offence in dynasty warriors 4.
Anyway the characters I like are;

-Zhou Tai- who honestly does not like zhou tai, he has a great looking armour, his style of fighting is cool (always puts his sword back in it's case) and his musou/special is the strongest in the game. doesn't talk much though...

-Xiahou Dun- A man no, a Soldier with a thick, deadly and huge sword. He has got great combination of moves, his musou is quite good, he is always after the strongest (Guan Yu's escape, Lu Bu's offence).

-Guan Yu- A legendary man, now known as the god of was in chinese areas in real life. He has a great looking weapon, His reach is deadly, attacks are rather strong, and his musou is quite good. He is the only good character out of all the other characters. (I know, i got the whole film straight from hong kong, 136 cds containing at least an hour and a half each)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God of war, sorry
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, you gotta love Zhou Tai, coolest DW character ever!

However, I think Zhang He is probably the best, because of his inhuman speed.

Ma Chao on a horse is also fun.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zhou Tai is my favorite character of all of them. I was just waiting for them to put in someone with a katana. Now they need someone with a regular staff and someone who uses only their fists.

I think the game itself is good, but after playing it so much I kinda lost a little interest. Right now I have it as a dust collector in my game room.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know why, but i keep on letting the new characters come much later. I have rarely tried Zhou Tai and Cao Ren, but i love using Yue Ying. Yes, Zhou Tai is cool. It's hard to believe that he's a pirate, with the way he looks.

Thinking about it, Dynastry Warriors is bascially the same game, with little twists made, like the Weapon Exp. in IV. But it is essentially the same game. But i still love the game.

What about your thoughts on Fu Xi and Nu Wa? I like big swords, so Fu Xi is cool. And the speed that Nu Wa has! Wow! Plus the number of hits you can pull with her musou!

Oh question, since i am inexperienced when it comes to fighting with Zhou Tai. I know that in his Musou, he stands in on spot. But can he go round, 360 degrees? I was comparing it to Nu Wa's musou, where she uses her rapier in one spot but she can go round 360 degrees to take out the baddies in the back.

Correct me if i'm wrong JNX, but Guan Yu is a God of War, but not like Ares, the Greek god of War. the Greeks worshipped Ares/Mars for victory in war, but the Chinese prayed to Guan Yu for protection from war. Is this right?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love these games for the sense of real battle it gives you, being surrounded by hundreds of enemies all in a grand melee of battle.

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Zhou Tai...gotta love the deathmask!
2. Da Qiao, I preferred her in 3 than in 4;her character design and attacks were better in 3
3. Lu Xun, he's just so cute! His pink outfit in 4 is pretty funny :P
4. Yue Ying, I like her scythe/spear thing and her attacks
5. Zhao Yun, he's pretty strong if you level him up, not to mention he's the bishounen of the game
6. Yuan Shao(sp?), I hate using him but his quotes were really funny in 3, 'we will stoooorm the castle', ah good times.
7. Sun Jian, I liked him in 3 because his quotes were pretty funny but in 4 I loved him 'cause he was voiced by Spike!(aka David Lucas/Steven Bloom)
8. Gan Ning, who doesn't love the angry pirate who also happens to wear bells?
9. Sima Yi, the angry and unloved strategist his musou(sp?) rocks
10. Zhuge Liang, the stressed out and beloved(mostly) strategist his musou isn't as good as Sima Yi's, but it's still pretty cool.

I loved this game and played it almost obsessively until I got bored. Unfortunately I sold my copy of DW3 and I lost my DW4 disk, so no more killing pathetic little soldiers for me :| . If you read the book, Dw isn't really true to the storyline, especially with the Wu. Like how Sun Jian and Sun Ce were both supposed to die before the Wu was really formed into an empire. Not that I really mind having them around in the game :mrgreen:
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good, good. Now, here's another question:

What's your favorite Kingdom? I will list out which characters are in what kingdom, for those who can't remember. The choices you have are:

Shu (Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Ma Chao, Huang Zhong, Zhuge Liang, Jiang Wei, Wei ....the guy with the mask....i can't believe i forgot his name! oh, and Yue Ying and Pang Tong)

Wei (Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Dian Wei, Xu Zhu, Zhen Ji, Zhang He, Zhang Liao, Sima Yi, Xu Huang and Cao Ren)

Wu (Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Sun Shang Xiang, Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Hang Gai, Taishi Ci, Lu Meng, Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao, Gan Ning and Zhou Tai)

Yellow Turban (Zhang Jiao)

Dong Zhuo (Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu and Diao Chan)

Nanman (Meng Huo and Zhu Rong)

Sorry if i forgot anybody.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: