Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Suikoden 3 worth playing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Is Suikoden 3 worth playing? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III is pretty good, but it's not as 'charming' so to speak, as the first two games. I have yet to play Suikoden IV, though. I refuse to play it until it comes out in english... Can't wait!
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happened to the original post...?
Did it get modded or something? *is confused*

I agree that S3 wasn't as good in some respects as the other two games, but the best was the first Suikoden. I'm kind of torn at this point between Guilty Gear Isuka and Suikoden 4.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....................................................................... .....................
wot happened to my post............................................?

it's called moderating and editing; when a post is so poorly written that it is nearly undecipherable or the writing is merely bad and annoying, a mod/admin may rewrite it so that it's readable for all.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it was moderated otherwise there would have been some sort of warning. Perhaps, it just never went through. At any rate, please post up what you said earlier so we can discuss what you were talking about.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay... I've played and finished suikoden 1 and 2 repeatedly.. suikoden 3, i hardly played... now i can't play it cause my ps2 is with my cousin... is suikoden 3 worth gettin back (i'll have to buy a new ps2) wot do you guyz and galz think?
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed Suikoden III ALOT! Suikoden III is what got me into the series so I owe that game mucho credits. Also I liked the trinity site system is was pretty cool. Buddy system pissed me off though. The strategy battles were pretty fun, not as great as in Suikoden II which was just a work of art but still fun all on their own. I loved being able to set up a 4 way cover attack and destroy everyone :D Plus you got to see a bit more of Harmonia which is always a good thing. Plus plus you get to see a TON more of YUBER :D You even get to play as him I mean come on, who doesnt want to play as Yuber ;)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... I know about Yuber, but I don't like the fact that he hasn't got his nang armour on, and where's his crimson sword. He just doesn't have that 'lonely hero effect' he once had on me.... as for all the 4 way cover attack and trinity site system..... I don't know anything about those..... Anyway back to the question... do you think it's worth buyin a ps2 just to play this one game?
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may be the only one who didn't mind the buddy system. :roll: Sure, at first it was really annoying and I had no idea how to go about it - and sometimes in certain battles it would totally screw you over if you took characters that defend instead of attack while the buddy character chants and/or uses an item, etc. But hey, it called for more choices to be made and created a bit of challenge in and of itself. :)

Of course, I think Suikoden III is worth playing. If I hadn't picked up Suikoden III this summer (off my pile that is :D) I wouldn't be on these boards now. ;) Well, I wouldn't have tried a second round at Suikoden I and realized how cool Gremio truly is as early at least. :mrgreen:

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I couldn't justify the purchase of a system for a single game, but I do feel that Suikoden III is definitely worth playing. It may not be my favourite in the series, but it has its good points. Of course, you probably have other PS2 games (or intend to buy some - such as Suikoden IV) and, in that case, I would say that it justifies the purchase of the system.

Just a question, did you give/sell your PS2 to your cousin, or was it simply a loan? If it was a loan, why would you need to buy another PS2, couldn't you retrieve your original one?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it was not my favorite of the first three games I enjoy it and have beaten it at least 3 times, once with each of the 3 main characters.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden III game is what got me hooked into the series and henceforth, into this board. I was aware of the existence of the other two predecessors (if it's spelled right), but i never realized how good it was until later...

So yes, you may want to play SIII, for the sake of the series at least.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: suikoden 3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay.... first of all, i sold my cousin the ps2. As for the other games, i did have around 12 other games, but they were all finished in a day or 2 and i couldn't be bothered with them after that,some of these were final fantasy 10, gta3 and gta vice city.

And now i have one question... is suikoden 4 strictly for the ps2?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Suikoden IV is strictly for PS2.

And going back to the original question, I do find Suikoden III to be worth playing. My Suikoden fandom was on its low a few weeks ago, and it was rejuvenated when I started playing Suikoden III (even if only for two chapters). It's just a different kind of game compared to Suikoden I and II. But of course, it's up to you and your own opinion of the game. Some people like the Buddy System, some dont. Some people like the 3D graphic, some don't. Some people like the Trinity Sight System, some don't. It is a different kind of game compared to the previous 2 Suikoden games. So I can't really say anything for you other than my own opinion.

My suggestion to you is for you to bring your Suikoden III copy to your cousin's (or whoever you know that has PS2) place and play there for a while. If you find it to be a good game, then buy yourself a PS2. But if you don't, then you just saved yourself some money from buying PS2 to play a game that you don't like. Personally speaking though, if you got the money, buy the PS2. That way you could play Suikoden III, Suikoden IV, and other decent PS2 games as well.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay, thanks for that. Even thought I don't know what the buddy system is... and i don't know what the trinity system is... would anyone mind telling me what these two are, what they do and how they differ from the previous suikoden games. Thanks in advance :)
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think many people had a problem with the battle system itself, but the story was the breaking point for those individuals. Suikoden 2 had many returning characters and thus created just a little bit more development from Suikoden 1. In Suikoden 3, there were barely any returning characters, and most people began to complain about it. And then, there was the Trinity Sight system. People weren't used to having three different perspectives through the majority of the game. Though it helped in character development, the lack of a "complete hero" made some people feel like they never really led the army at all.

The most vocal voices are almost always the negative ones. You will hear criticism of Suikoden 3, but there are a good few that found it enjoyable. Personally, I wouldn't change anything at all, because I believe that Suikoden 3 did a good job of following the series. To me, the series wasn't meant to have one Army fighting another for independence, rights, etc. It's about the joining of the 108 Stars of Destiny to change an undesired outcome. As long as they continue this concept, I'll always be satisfied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: