Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden animal abuses!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Suikoden animal abuses!!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I first heard the accusations of animal abuse against the good and honorable Suikoden series, I was to say the least, skeptical.
Konami, being a large and respected company, would no doubt, not allow anything like this to happen on their projects.

Well, I was wrong...
I was sooo very wrong...
After seeing the photos for myself...I am still haunted with images of poor defenseless animals being mistreated or tortured,,, and in some cases, straight out KILLED!

Now, the photos you will look at today, might, shock, you.
They might even anger, you.
They will almost certainly change your perception of what the Suikoden name is synonymous with.
Well, instead of hearing it from me, let me just SHOW you the atrocities that were commited.

Slide 1:
What we see here is just intolarable working conditions for animals. Stuck in layers of stiffling hot clothes for hours on end, these ducks were often the victims of severe sunstroke and heat exhaustion. I mean, just LOOK at them! Do these ducks look happy to you?!

Poor things

Slide 2:
Now, you all know Tir McDohl as the hero of the Toran Liberation Army, but that is only the side that Konami wanted you to see. Because they knew, if you were to see these pictures,,, their golden boy's image would be tarnished forever. Let me show you this picture.
Here we see Tir maliciously beating a boar that was just rooting for food in the brush! I won't even go into why Gremio, his best friend, is beaten down on the ground, since we are here for the animals. You can see that the other cast members can only look on in sickened astonishment, after seeing Tir beat his best friend down, and then with no apparent reason attack a harmless animal with extreme vigor!

Tir is evil!

Slide 3:
Next I'm going to show you a couple of photos where they blatantly subjected animals to extreme elements. Often burned, sometimes severely, these animals used in these clips, sometimes even..D I E D! All because the producers, just wanted to get that last screenshot!

Look at these two animals from the family Lacertidae:

....!
...!!

Slide 4:
This next picture is of a sad looking creature in pain, after being abused by Futch...Yes even Futch, the loving caretaker of dragons is in on this horror show called "entertainment".

Futch...fallen protector of animals..

Oh wait! That's just Ted! He just looks like a mangy animal.
*mumbles something about Ted needing a bath and combing his hair*

Slide 5:
Until now you have seen some hideous acts commited against animals, but the next series of photos, will almost certainly outrage even the most hardened soul out here today.

All I can say about these two slides are,,,Straight out Genocide!

Outrageous!
Someone must pay for these crimes!

I have saved the most repulsive pictures for the end...I don't know any country where what is happening in the next photo, is legal...sick...just plain sickening..

*pukes*

We can't even figure out what someone did to this bear, but it is in real bad shape. Just plain abuse it is..

...???

I'm sure after what you have seen here today, you will never, ever, look at a Suikoden production the same again.

I know I won't...

(images downloaded from Suikosource, Gamespot, and RPGfan)

Last edited by Snowe Vingerhut on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hilarious, just hilarious, well done Greenunderground. I can see that you have done research and planning and everything for this post, and I laughed the whole way through it. I loved the whole story behing Slide 2 especially.

The Badeaux pic was pure genius!
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lmao thanks for the laugh, I needed that
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, lets sue them, this is not right!

Nice thread, haha, ill remember this for a looong time :D
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL at the last one!
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahahahaa, nice, Greenie.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha ha. Very amusing. It makes me feel better after living through another day of the spanish teacher's class/

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i dunnot, but when you srand behind Black in S1...and hit the button....he makes noise.

ahh we need the comidieans........where would we be without them.

hey green...would you like to help make a page with me? I have some awfull screen shots with witty comments written next to them.

how do I get good screen captures? my quality is sad.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
hey green...would you like to help make a page with me? I have some awfull screen shots with witty comments written next to them.

No.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No offense, but I didn't find it to be that funny at all. The concept is alright, but the obvious limitation of the image (totally relying on screenshots from other sites) limited the fun as well. Of course it's not like everyone should take their own screenshots, but still, it's just could probably be a bit better if you have the freedom of using the screenshots that you wanted. It's basically too many on the "random battle good guys attacking the animal monsters" and also way too made up interpretation of images.

Going back to the concept, the reason why it's not so fun and just considered as alright is because it's practically applicable to any game that has animals as monsters (Final Fantasy series, Dragon Warrior/Quest series, Wild Arms series, etc), and not just Suikoden. When I saw the title of this topic, I could sort of guess what it's going to be like, and when my guess was proven to be almost 100% right, I was disappointed.

Of course in the end it's still meant as a joke and it's quite amusing to say the least (good one on Viktor) though I didn't find it to be as amusing as others, probably I just expected a bit too much. Kudos to you none the less though.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
No offense, but I didn't find it to be that funny at all. The concept is alright, but the obvious limitation of the image (totally relying on screenshots from other sites) limited the fun as well. Of course it's not like everyone should take their own screenshots, but still, it's just could probably be a bit better if you have the freedom of using the screenshots that you wanted. It's basically too many on the "random battle good guys attacking the animal monsters" and also way too made up interpretation of images.

Going back to the concept, the reason why it's not so fun and just considered as alright is because it's practically applicable to any game that has animals as monsters (Final Fantasy series, Dragon Warrior/Quest series, Wild Arms series, etc), and not just Suikoden. When I saw the title of this topic, I could sort of guess what it's going to be like, and when my guess was proven to be almost 100% right, I was disappointed.

Of course in the end it's still meant as a joke and it's quite amusing to say the least (good one on Viktor) though I didn't find it to be as amusing as others, probably I just expected a bit too much. Kudos to you none the less though.

*shrugs and smiles*
I'm not getting paid for posting stuff, so obviously I'm not going to go all out on an idea, but I do try to put big doses of imagination into my posting with the resources alotted to me.
Also, I'm actually kind of new to posting at all on the internet(this being the first forum I've joined), and I think comparatively to what there is to compare with(....), I don't do too shabby for a nOOb.
Anyways, it's just a "parody", which I think is part of the mood of this site..if I'm not mistaken. O.O
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that was hilarious, incredibly funny. I'm especially disturbed by the bear hugging part...that poor, mangy animal... >_>

Plus, what's with hating on the bunnies? I mean, sure, they have AXES and all, but they use those for...um....mating. Yeah, that's it.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright concept, okay execution. 6.5/10

DO NOT PANIC LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THEY ARE TRAINED PROFESSIONALS.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Critical, aren't we?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Greenunderground wrote:
Anyways, it's just a "parody", which I think is part of the mood of this site..if I'm not mistaken. O.O

Well that's alright. Like I said, it's not meant to offend you. It's just to show my opinion on the joke. Most people still find it funny and hillarious. One or two who don't really like it shouldn't really matter. Don't get discouraged, but be more encouraged instead.

And Thief, it's not that we're critical, but it's just that I have the right to show my opinion just like those who like the joke. It just happens that I didn't find it to be really funny. Like I said, one or two who happen to not really like the joke as much as those who find it hillarious shouldn't really matter.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: