Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Possible Worst RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not actually played the most recent Breath of Fire BOF 5, and have only finished BOF 1 and BOF 3. I mean to finish BOF 2, and 4 one day, so when I have done them I will play Breath of Fire 5 and see what I think of it.

I hope I like it though because I was a fan of the BOF series for quite some time so even if I don't think it is the best, I will still finish it out of some form of 'loyaly' to the rest of the series.
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think that after BOF 3, BOF 4 and 5 are no longer interesting and in fact they SUCK (pardon my language) and the next one I dislike is FF VIII, I love FF VII and IX also X but I just could not stand playing the VIII... I think it's because the main focus is on the romance -__-a and then Wild arms 3... it's because of my brother *sigh* he keep playing Wild arms 3 until I have a nightmare about it :lol: But I think the worst RPG game would be Wild arms 2, the ending sucks! (Pardon me again)
Kraven

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come to think of it, i have never played Wild Arms. :D
Anyway, i think Vagrant Story and Dark Chronicles were stupid and annoying.
They are not even wirthy to be called RPG as their crappiness knows no boundaries.

:D
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Vagrant Story! It had good atmosphere, dialogue and difficulty. Some people i know complained htat it was too hard. I managed to beat the game once. Yay for me. It's one of the best RPG's for me. But there's no talking to people. Only fighting, fighting, fighting. Kind of like the opposite of Monkey Island. But Vagrant Story had a wonderful plot! You just had to beat the Minotaur.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

vrangrant story??? hmmm well i like the story and the character but the systme of weapon is really (censored) of a (censored) in the (censored)...

i tried to upgrade my weapons and it resulted in a weaker blade that does 1 damage..... i hate it...

but the game that i really hated was thousand arms... damnit. the level of difficutly is good, i even had to restart some bosses cause they were too difficult but what i really hated was the ending and the story... it is litterally a good vrs evil story, if you are evil you have a personnality tha want other to suffer, if you are good you are sheepish...

the ennemy is supposed to be able to use both the power of dark and light but you who only have the light can still beat their asses pretty bad...

at the final boss, one of your caracter sacrafice himself for no reasons apparently to bring a sword that you never heard of... and at the end, all you have to do is to bring back the sacred flames to ressurect her...

in the end, the characters are NOT develloped at all.... they say some are in love with other but we onnly see a slight thing that really not evloved at all...

the "evil" final boss is being beaten for the onlyu reason that he wanted power, he wanted to become a god... ok thatmay be a little ambitious but he showed no intention of destroying anything, that fact that the flames may die will not influence the life, ... damnit, all he wanted was to be strong and just because he has dark power he has to be destroyed.

so the characters suck... the scenario is way to cliche, the story is almost not developped at all, and there is too almost no reason to the why....

it sucked.....
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People tend to either love or hate Vagrant Story--it had a very strong albeit small fan-base, which meants it probably has something good about it.

Anyhow, most all of the names mentioned in this thread are RPGs that did modeately well, or actually did very well. For that reason, they can't possibly be the worst. Worst means that there can not possibly be an RPG that is less enjoyable. With that said, I will say that Traysia, released for the Sega Genesis, must be the WORST RPG ever. The prime reason being that you can not clear the game at all due to a bug. You can only finish the game by abusing another bug! Wow! Also, story is non-existent! You basically have no idea what to do or where to go! Character development does not exist. There are 4 people in your party but you have no idea why they are fighting together--they are just there from the start. One of them becomes your enemy suddenly and you have to kill him (no reason is given) and someone comes out of the blue to fill his spot for no apparent reason.

The end is abrupt, and the hero gets together with some girl who never showed up before in the game and it's supposedly a happy ending. Woop dee doo.
Ayemelek

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
If there was any game...sorry, any RPG to be named the worst of the lot, it would be Shadow Madness. You guys probably never heard of it. Let me give you a skim of it.

The Graphics are terrible. The character development fades very quickly (as in, they start to begin something interesting about the characters, but after a minute, thye become bland again). The story is bad. The Battle System is too boring. But what really made it worse, what that even though it was a 2-disc game, i finished it in less than 24 hours. Yes, it's that short! I believe everyone agrees with me when i say that a proper RPG must be at the very least 30+ long.

Heh, I happen to like Shadow Madnesss quite a bit.

I wouldn't argue that it doesn't have significant flaws: the polygonal graphics (the pre-rendered backgrounds were very nice), the horrible difficulty curve (reaching max level in the second city?), the clumsy menu system, and the need to switch discs every time you travelled between worlds being prime examples. But the positives, to me, outweighed the negatives. It's one of the few games where I was actually entertained by the characters and their dialogue from beginning to end; the story wasn't amazing, but it was serviceable; and the battle system, while not unique, basically involved pressing X a lot. Not highly original, no, but that's about what I end up doing in many of the RPGs I play. The primary reason for my enjoyment, however, would be what is, to me, an amazingly well-crafted world. The atmosphere was top-notch, and the amount of work put into the SM mythos trumps that of many other games, whether it be stories of the past or simple icon descriptions across the world map. If they could package the character interaction and world of Shadow Madness into a game with a superior battle engine and overall design, it would easily be one of my all-time favorite titles. And as far as good RPGs lasting over 30 hours, well, I'd have to stop liking Suikoden, among others.

Either way, my vote, while predictable, goes to Virtual Hydlide. From the button-mashing gameplay to the lack of any story aside from that in the booklet, from the snail-like screen shifts that make you feel like you're on an incredibly laggy battle.net server the entire time to the music which, well, I can't really remember any of it, this game easily trumps any others I've played. There was an incredibly obvious lack of effort put into the production of this game, which is sad, because the ideas they had were all pretty good--apparently the developers chose to leave said fantasies dancing in their minds while throwing a product that seems about 7% complete out onto the market. This game is a disappointment even when compared to the rest of the Hydlide series.

I really wanted to say Final Fantasy IX, but I realize my hatred for that game isn't an entirely accurate reflection of the quality.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ayemelek, I have a RPG called Super Hydlide for the Sega Genesis and it's really, really bad. I wonder if it's a series of bad games.

I'm still going to have to say Blaze and Blade:Eternal Quest though. You have 12 memory blocks to save, and you need to save to begin the game! And even after all that, the first boss is impossible!
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Ayemelek, I have a RPG called Super Hydlide for the Sega Genesis and it's really, really bad. I wonder if it's a series of bad games.

:shock: Oh GOD is that a bad game! I happen to have the Hylide for the nintendo and it is just as awful. Another RPG that I found craptacular is the Ultima games on the NES... Just couldn't stand em'. But still, to me, the raining champ of worst RPG is King's Field. Sadly enough, it actually classified as an RPG. :cry:
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too really disliked King;s field for its poooor graphics and the overall SLOW feeling you get when you play it. I suppose it may have been good in its prehistoric day. Blaze and Blade: The Eterna; Quest too sucked quite badly IMO, so there are really a lot of possible worst RPG's which everyone seems to agree on...
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye, I agree on many of the bad ones, but FFVIII I highly disagree with.

Anyway, my picks for worst RPG ever, Ultima VII, Virtual Hydlide, Ultima: Exodus (Ultima: Quest of the Avatar was a great game though), Ultima: Runes of Virtue 1 and 2 (not even worthy of being called RPGs), Dragon Slayer (an RPG brought over by Namco on the PSOne), Blaze and Blade, and there are more, but I can't think of them, yes, for every RPG gem, there's a crappy one out there too.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to heavily disagree with beyond the beyond being the worst. It has some very good qualities(hard boss battles) but some horribly flawed ones as well(random battles evey 3rd step). Just bought it the other day, it was my first rpg how many years ago, good memories but f'n hard sometimes.......

My worst......personally, had to be tales of destiny. I got stuck on that stupid dragon ship and couldn't get off of it, so I took it back. That or if you naming games that have no advanced structure, then dragon warrior could be debatable, except i love that game. Fighting slimes brings back lots o memories..heh
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to loathe BoF 5, but i've recently given it a second chance, and i found it quite entertaining. I agree it's not breath taking, but it's not terrible either. As for BOF4 sucking, i disagree greatly. It is one of the best RPGs i've ever played. The music, the story, the graphics, even the battle system are all brilliant. Not to even mention the myriad of mini-games.

And my vote for the worst, it'd be Brainlord, for the SNES. The language rules of this forum wouldn't allow me to fully express my opinion on it.

All the way to the edge of this world
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See i remember playing Thousand Arms it was a mediocre game but it was like the first rpg game to have voice acting in it so in a way it was kindof groundbreaking and the dating system was kindof cool.....And ya Beyond the Beyond sucked and the graphics looked like sh*t and the constant battles are really annoying but i don't think it's the worst...And Legend of the Dragoon wasn't that bad it was a disapointment cuzz it kinda looked cool and all but it wasn't the worst RPG i've played it was also a mediocre rpg

Ever played those Saga Frontier games they were so bad they would skip years and the storyline was so bad and you barely ever got control of your character i think it was so bad i threw the game away when i got it....I'm pretty sure it was one of the worst I've played....Or Vandal Hearts i think it was called it was like a Strategy RPG like FFT or Hoshigami it was pretty bad the storyline and it was so easy....

lol but anyways this is just my oppinion what do i know :P
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An amusing thing came across my mind as I read through this thread...
Every game mentioned here with the exception of Blade and Blaze is sitting in the trunk next to my bed. Talk about some bad games.... jeez.
:idea: *eyes aluminum bat*
:!: *envisions games being pitched like baseballs by roommate*
Well... I guess I have something to do tomorrow afternoon... I have been trying to clear up space lately :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: