Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Regiment/Nation Display
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, I noticed that your profile's usergroup doesn't list your nation (Grasslands) but just your unit type (Cavalry). Anybody knows why? Not that it matters at all, just curious.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it may have been overlooked; we're not sure just yet-it doesn't matter to me, since my title should give away who i am/where i'm from :lol:

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps he is just considered the moderator of the group and not an actual member. I'd be more surprised if somebody besides a nation leader didn't have their nation listed.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious is female.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I think it's just sybillious, as I've checked alot of the threads since then just checking people's nation identities to see if it worked and sybillious is the only one I can recall that actually doesn't have it. Fishy. I think you're upto something sybillious...;p hehehe j/k!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or perhaps syb has only been masquerading as the leader of the Grasslands, and is actually a wanderer! My world no longer makes sense!

On a side note, this change will now thwart the people who tried to be clever and masking their unit type before. I remember when doing unit research on a couple countries, that one person was part of one usergroup(lets say it was archers), but had another one(lets say magicians) in their profile! Too bad for them.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, that's something i didn't even realise; as far as i know, i am the only leader who is 'nationless' but it's no big deal.

me, up to something...what makes you say that? *innocent look*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
Or perhaps syb has only been masquerading as the leader of the Grasslands, and is actually a wanderer! My world no longer makes sense!

On a side note, this change will now thwart the people who tried to be clever and masking their unit type before. I remember when doing unit research on a couple countries, that one person was part of one usergroup(lets say it was archers), but had another one(lets say magicians) in their profile! Too bad for them.

Yeah well when I came up with that idea, the point wasn't really to fool anyone, but to punish the lazy people who didn't think seriously enough about scouting and the game itself. I expected no less from you, though, Kornholio. Good work.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not sure why Sybillious doesn't show as a Grasslander, because she shows up in the database as a Grasslander. I'll look into this.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this is a really mundane question, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to my eyes. How come on the majority of members, the display shows up as regiment and then nation, but others will have nation and then regiment? (for instance, Bugg at the top of the page has the "flopped" display.) It's nothing really important, but it just makes me wonder why some people would have the display flopped.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the usergroups are organized alphabetically. Mages (and infantry, for Harmonians and Grasslanders) have a chance of being "flipped" because another usergroup is closer alphabetically. For example, I'm Mages->Nation Leaders->Queendom of Falena, when it should probably be Mages->Queendom of Falena->Nation Leaders.

sybillious wrote:
me, up to something...what makes you say that? *innocent look*

Why Syb, you saucy minx! :shock:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I guess it listing the info in alphabetical order make more sense now. Though, I've never seen the Nation Leaders usergroup in your profile or any of the other nation leaders, perhaps because it's similar to how nation boards other than the one you belong to is invisible?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is correct. Usergroups that are supposed to be invisible can not be seen by non-members. Also, the names will be displayed alphabetically. This is because there is no difference in priority between groups. I do not know how one can go about assigning attributes to each group so it would display in ways that may be more pleasing aesthetically.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since it is just a phpBB mod, stuff like that is bound to happen. If the system was a program SARSadmin built from the ground-up, maybe it would be more perfect, but that's pretty much unfeasible...that would be a pretty comprehensive service to not charge any money for.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er, i'm not trying to single out anyone here. Well, this person's most likely not here, so...

I was looking into my group's list. I came upon a KQswst104. Does anyone know about this character? Looking at his profile, he is not only part of the City States of Jowston, but also in the Highland Kingdom. Plus, he has two different regiment types attached to him. I would like to know how can this be? Was he from either of the nations, but was switched? Is he....a spy [dun dun dun]?

This is not that big a deal anyways. He had only one post.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: