Suikoden Unique and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I tend to stick with games that I find extremly challenging. The only time I play an easy game is if I need something to vent on, well to take enemies down a peg to get my spirits up ( and they say video games are bad for you...HAH!).

One of the other points in the SF games was if the enemies' speed is greatly higher than yours then they will be able to have twice the amount of turns, making the bosses a bit more difficult and hard to gang up on.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easy...hard, I enjoy them either way, though nothing beats a good challenge I'll agree. I am hoping one day I get to play Vandal Hearts 3 on the PS2, and maybe even Final Fantasy Tactics 2 as well. But I doubt Square Enix or Konami will rehash these old games on the newer generation consoles, I would be heaps impressed if they did though.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does everyone play with a suped up ramza/orlando/agrais sort of team?.....tsk tsk tsk, taking the easy way out......Try some ssc's for a challenge.....

I was a big fan of vandal hearts 1, not as much 2 yet still played it to death, but i'm not entirely confident vh3 will come out, not very likey, since all new gamers love to play the mainstream.

Here's a little example

me: Man, halo 2 looks pretty sweet

generic friend: OMG U PLAY NERD GME!!! DEER HUNTIN IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETER!1!!!

I need new gaming friends.....
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy Tactics was sweet too there was also this game called Hoshigami on playstation released right before PS2 came out so it didn't get the credit it deserved it was pretty sweet it kinda ripped off the storyline of Final Fantasy Tactis alittle but it was pretty good....And i don't know how you guys could of liked Vandal Hearts i thought the game was so bad and the Main Character was such a goof....I never liked Agrias much i always thought she was messed up....Orlando was so cool though you just had to put him in....Also Tactics Ogre or w.e had a pretty good storyline and how you could choose different routes to take in the game....If the graphics would of been better(like if they would of waited to release with like great graphics it would of been awesome).
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF tactics was one of my favorite gams but the end wasent to good.
My team consited of

Draco
knight/ninja
male
wizard/mediator
female
white mage/cemist
male
knight/samuri
female
lancer/soldier
and my favorite
a red dragon, it may not be strong but I love dragons
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

male
knight/samuri

That is quite a team up if you ask me.

Quote:

female
lancer/soldier

By soldier do you mean Squire? :?:
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that game, one of the first ones that really gave me withdrawal symptoms when I stopped playing it for a few days (the others being Diablo 2 Expansion, Suikoden III and Super Mario RPG). I can't even count how many monsters I slaughtered at Mandalia Plains before continuing with the story. I must have had everyone at level 40 right off the bat. *sigh* Memories...

That game's only fault is it takes too long to play. My best game file, in which I didn't even do the secret dungeons sidequest, was well over 90 hours.

Favorite class was the monk. Powerful physical fighter with one of the best abilities in chakra.

I used to have the 5 characters surround a lone monster (that I turned into a chicken by using a mediator) just spamming "accumulate", or "throw stone".

It was definitely easy to get in an advantage in that game once you understood the strengths of the bosses and knew how to strategize for them.

As for Vandal Hearts, I think it's one of the most under-rated RPGs out there--such a fantastic, dark story. I loved the customability given to your party (what is it 14 people by the end?) And if you pass the trials, Ash becoming the Paragon Knight was just friggin' sweet! Every spell in the game? infinite items? the strongest equipment? Sure it's cheap at the end of the game, but having to go through the trials makes you earn it (it's no walk in the park).

But that's another game that I've played so much that when I simply pick up the case I just go through the whole game in my head (just like any of the Final Fantasies). Played it too many times.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

flik wannabe16, Hoshigami was AWFUL. Almost impossible difficulty, and incredible penalties for leveling up. A disappointment, truly.

I was immensely disappointed by Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...it ruined the series. Hopefully we'll see a PS2/PS3 version soon...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
flik wannabe16, Hoshigami was AWFUL. Almost impossible difficulty, and incredible penalties for leveling up. A disappointment, truly.

I was immensely disappointed by Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...it ruined the series. Hopefully we'll see a PS2/PS3 version soon...

I agree !! Final Fantasy Tatics was awful! I didn't get past the snowball fight!! :cry: :cry: I gave up after 10 rounds of the fight! Althought I didn't give it a fair chance. FF tactis was great on the PS but what happened to the GBA version!! :o :o
O Well!!! I to look foward to the new square enix games coming out!! :lol: :lol:
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hoshigami had potential, but it's battle system was fundamentally flawed.

Quote:
There's a level-dependent modification to what the game calculates as your chance to hit and the amount of damage you do. For every level the attacker is lower than the target, each of these values drop by 10%, to a minimum of 10% of the original. For every level the attacker is higher than the target, they increase by 10%, to a maximum of 190%.

So, fighting against a boss 2 levels higher than you, your black coins are 80% as likely to succeed, your colored coins will only do 80% as much damage, and your physical attacks are 80% less likely to hit _and_ will do 80% less damage, for a total effective power reduction of 64%.

Hoshigami could have been a very good game if it wasn't for that.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind Tactical RPG's being heaps long, especially when I love them so much, though I would agree that they are going to be boring at some point of the game, but still overall I enjoy it in the end. When it comes to Vandal Hearts, that game would probably be a bit less under-rated if it allowed for random battles from previously finished missions, as to raise your characters levels more. I suppose that does not really matter, but it would be a nice feature. Vandal Hearts 2 fixes this but that is a different story...
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am one of the greatest fans of FFT.
Favourite jobs?
I don't know, but I've always liked bards- although they are not very strong fighters. I also like Dragon Knights, they're the best!
Oh, and Chemists are quite useful too!
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also a big fan of FFT. As if you couldn't tell. *innocent whistle* I'd say the hardest challenge of the entire game is trying to make sense of the storyline.
the violent one

Homedogs

1000 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

william, Har de har har, I have some friends like that, My favorite ombination of classes is
Black Mage/White Mage.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah... plus... the limit takes wayyyyyyyyyyy too much time to load... well my team would be..

ramza (i don'T have much choice over that, no?)

THUNDER GOD CID!!!! he kick ass.

hummmm next would be the summoner

fourth would be mustadio ( with his skill i prevent my enemies from doing anything)

and finally,... well i don'T know ... agrias. she is like a weaker version of THUNDER GOD CID!!!!.... but she is still very usefull in the final battle against the.... i forgot his name but i know he was undead so he'S so DEAD!! ( sorry for the pun...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: