Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ogre Battle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Ogre Battle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are there any fans of the Ogre Saga out there?
The game Ogre Battle undoubtly is my favorite tactic RPG game for all time.
I can say that I'm a big fan of the series since it came out for the super famicom system. And in case you didn't know, the maker of Tactics Ogre is the same team that made Final Fantasy Tactics.
Well, am I the only one?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like that series a lot. Thr original Ogre Battle had a very good system, while Tactics Ogre had an incredibly complex story. I really liked it.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've not yet played Ogre Battle, but I've heard plenty about it. I bought Tactics Ogre a year or so ago, though I haven't played it much. From what I've heard, though, I have rather high hopes for it.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the series very much. Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre are both very good games and I still have them in my collection.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the original Ogre Battle for the SNES. It's a huge game that kept me involved for ages. IMO it's one of the greatest strategy games ever made.
I never got Tactics Ogre because I can't speak Japanese and I never got Tactics Ogre 64 because I never owned a Gamecube.
I recently got Tactics Ogre Advance for the GBA and I must say, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as other turn-based strategy games that I have, personally I preferred Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem or Front Mission.

But yeah, I loved Ogre Battle.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed Ogre Tactics(well I think thats what its name is) I'm pretty sure thats the one it had a wicked feature where you could have members of your team battle each other to train themselves for battle.
Edge Riou

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
I really enjoyed Ogre Tactics(well I think thats what its name is) I'm pretty sure thats the one it had a wicked feature where you could have members of your team battle each other to train themselves for battle.

I believe that the name is Tactics Ogre. It was a nice game though. In fact I have it in my collection. My friend always wants me to let him borrow it, but I always forget to bring it.

I didn't like the training battle feature in it. I thought it was incredibly cheap even though you get something bad to happen to you if you gain too many levels in it.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's not much of repplies so I guess the RPG is too old for the forum members... :cry:
Yes, the training feature really make the game cheap. If you had a lot of time, you could fight level 2 enemies with your whole party at level 40...

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched my brother play Ogre Tactics, and I liked what I saw (it just seems long as heck). I hope to play it... eventually.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played all four North American released games and Orge Battle 64 is the one that I personally found to be the best of the series to this point. All of the others are excellent games in their own right but 64 takes the cake on this one. I am just sad that more than likely we will never see another sequel in the future because I would love to see a game based right inside Lodis.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have tactics ogre; i like the game in of itself, but it's one of those games that i have to be in the mood for lots of 'turn based' play that goes, in my opinion, rather slowly.

unfortunately, being as impatient as i am, i generally don't spend much time with it *likewise, valkyrie profile* as i should, since the game play can be really fun and the storyline is well developed *a feature i insist on in an rpg...*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Edge Riou

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually playing Ogre Tactics right now. I just finished beating the final boss and he is incredibly hard to beat. I have got my party leveled up quite a bit, but he still thrashes me. I lost half of my party fighting him and had I not beat him the turn I did, I only would have had two members left.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always wanted to play the games but never got around to it, now after reading all the good marks I will just have to go get it.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Tactics Ogre:Knights of Lodis for the GBA and it kicks major @$$
Ayemelek

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never been a big fan of March of the Black Queen, but that was in large part due to how slowly the game moved. One of these days I'll give it a shot in ROM form and utilize speed-up functions, I suppose.

Tactics Ogre and Knight of Lodis were both great, though largely for separate reasons. The former due to its difficulty, plot, and atmosphere, the second due to its simple learning curve and overall "fun factor." Obviously which I prefer is based on what I'm in the mood for.

I haven't had the chance to play Ogre Battle 64, though I've been on the look-out.

Last edited by Ayemelek on Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: