Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I have played most Ps1 or 2 Final Fantasy games. Out of all of them I played (and remember) I would say over all that Final Fantasy IX is my favorite. I never beat it, but eventually (and I do mean eventually) I will play it and this time will beat it. Final Fantasy IX is the only Final Fantasy that is not as overrated as the others. It has memorable characters, pretty good story, and better graphics (in my opinion) then the others. In terms of worse Final Fantasy, I would have to say Final Fantasy VIII is the worse. I liked the story, but the whole junction and draw-cast battle system ruined it for me. I might be the only one to think this, but I think X-2 is a pretty good game (I have yet to beat it). As a matter of fact, the only Final Fantasy I have ever beaten was Final Fantasy VII. I was close to beating VIII, but for some reason I never did. I guess Final Fantasy VII is a good game in its own rights, but not my favorite. I liked the characters, but I do not like present-tense type settings in RPGs (I tend to like more medivel and fantasy type such as Suikoden or Final Fantasy IX). The thing I probably like FFVII for is the fact that it has my favorite spell animation of all time (supernova-I wish you could use that spell).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think that VIII and X were the best as far as pulling at my heartstrings. Every game in the series that will not be named has problems, but I can still replay VIII and X and feel the emotions during certain sequences (i.e. Squall and Rinoa in the Ragnorok and the end movie in VIII and when Tidus finds out the truth about Yuna's pilgramige in X).

I've never finished VI, because after the world changed I just lost interest. The Opera was amazing though, I remember doing that part twice in the same play-through because it was just amazing. I'll definitely have to play that one again.

IX I loved for the "Hot and Cold" game. I hated the story at the beginning, because it just seemed so pointless. You kidnap the princess, take her to another kingdom, but then she just returns to the castle? What was the point? Ugh, it just seemed so randomly aimless, even when you found out that Kuja was the guy you had to stop.

VII was the game that got me introduced to the series, and for the longest time it was my favorite game. But I just get so depressed when I play that game nowadays. Everything about it is depressing. Even the Gold Saucer--a place for fun--is sitting on top of a hopeless prison. Ugh, I have a hard time picking up that game these days, because I know how depressing it will be.

X-2... *sigh* I'll just say it'll be a long time before I play that game again. I got the 100% story completion, but I don't think the extra ending was worth it.

Tactics is one of my favorites as well, but also depressing. I play it when I have a lot of time on my hands. Great story though!

V I started and gave up on, and I never played I and II.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree wholeheartedly! The story of VIII and X both really got me involved, emotionally. I couldn't connect with a single character from VII. I couldn't be made to -care- about a single one of them; and given that I am a very emotional man, who connects ofttimes way too easily with characters, this is a flaw with the game's story and not myself.

Speaking of randomly aimless, can anyone at ALL eplain to me who the hell the final boss of Final Fantasy IX was, and how he related to the story?!
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I think FF8 got me emotionally involved as well. I think, given all of my difficulties playing it the first time (I had no idea how to junction >>) I still played on because of Rinoa and Squall. *sniff*

As for Necron...taken from the ffcompendium.com:

They manage to defeat Kuja, but are visited by Necron. Necron is the embodiment of annihilation, a being who believes that the desire of all is to return to nothingness, a belief reinforced by Kuja's desire to destroy the Crystal. Zidane and party attack Necron and manage to defeat it.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uh, sure. So some random embodiment of annihilation ... visits me. Called in some odd way by Kuja, okay, I sorta see it... but come on, that is the weakest story for a final boss in any game EVER! Two turkeys would make as good a final boss as he did!
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I concur, Necron was a horrible main boss. I would have rather they had Garland be reincarnated as a moogle then have some complete random boss (who was by the way, incredibly easy--those sheep on that damn island were 10x as hard).

Yeah, I didn't like Squall at first but the deeper you got into the story the more I sympathized with him. And as whiny as Tidus was, it was still incredibly sad when he chased after Sin at that beach, the sequence at the Al Bhed home, and then of course the confrontations with Yunalesca and Jecht.

They're both way more sympathetic and interesting than some monkey-tailed Bon Jovi look-alike. (Oh, but Vivi's case was just so heart-renching!)

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFIII, easily the best FF out there. FFVII is sooo overrated. I mean... FFVII's story was okay, the characters were neat, and it had a cool badguy, but it doesn't nearly warrant all the praise it gets. FFII kicks all of the other games asses by a long shot because it has amazing charcters, brilliant graphics, the best music in the series (The Opera will be remember forever! ;)), it introduced the 'dark setting' that people loved in FFVII, tons of characters with unique abilities and stories, a female main character, amazing story, kick ass badguy in a clown suit with a sexey laugh. ^_^ What more could you possibly want? And I really, really like how that world comes to a kinda of 'end' as you play the game, and after you wake up three years later the worls is much, much different. (Oh yes, and it has an awesome purple octopus!)

Just thinking back to when I played this thing on my SNES brings back the tigles of joy as a gaped at the screen of my TV. Seriously, the game plays just as amazing as it looks... *dies*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, Gil-Galad, thanks to your inspiring post about the series that will not be named VI, I've begun playing it again. I'm almost to the part where they defend the Esper in Narsche after only 5 hours of play. (I really don't like leveling any more...)

Hopefully I beat it before Suikoden IV comes out, because I would hate to shelve it near the end for a second time.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Final Fantasy would have to be Final Fantasy X-2. :roll: No, I'm just kidding. 8)

My favorite Final Fantasy game is Nine. Nine had many good characters that I really liked. My favorite character was Amarant. I liked him because he was like a cross between my two favorite FFVI characters, Sabin and Shadow. I also liked Freya because she reminded me of Kain and of the Lancer job in FF Tactics. Zidane was very humerous while Quina was fun to laugh at. How could you not like Vivi. Steiner was very useful in battle. As was Beatrix. The only character I wasn't fond of was Eiko.

Also, Final Fantasy IX had an awesome ability system. Ability systems are one of the main points game makers should focus on. The only other FF game with a better ability system was FFIV because they were learned by level. FFIX had outstanding graphics, good music and surprisingly good replay value. That is why I like it so much.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Final Fantasies are, in order of release, IV, VI, and (Yes, really) X-2.

I like IV for the characters -- Especially Rydia. That scene in the "Second World" where she rejoins is just awesome.

I like VI for much the same reason as IV. The characters are excellent. Celes, Terra, Setzer, Relm, Mog. This is, in my opinion, the best Final Fantasy cast by far.

I like X-2 because it is fun. It's not deep and faux-philisophical. It is fun. The characters, especially Paine, are great, the game is full of humor, and it has, by far, the best Active Time Battle System in any video game.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say FF7 was the best~ And most overrated.
But personally, I loved FF6 the most. I really thought it was the best.

The only thing I didn't like about 8 was Rinoa, she sort of drove me up the wall.

10 was one of the best, it made me cry at the end, and I loved the battle system except for the Sphere Grid thing. I wished they stuck to the old leveling up system.

The only reason I played X-2 was because I wanted to get 100% and see Yuna and Tidus together. But that game was just for fun's sake.

I didn't really get the thing with Necron as the final boss of FF9, I was like, "Huh? Who is this" I thought he had absolutely no storyline factor to the game and then out of the blue he appears as the final boss. Vivi was so cute~ And I thought the sword magic combo for very useful.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite Final Fantasy is FF8. Why? Because i liked the modern and somewhat realistic parts of the game such as firearms and robots. I also liked the part where you have to infiltrate the Galbadian Missile Base and blow up the whole place to smithereens :D. That was my most favorite part in the game and i wish the missile base infiltration lasted longer. All in all while FF8's gameplay left much to be desired, it still intrigued me the most out of all FF games.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me likes final fantasy tactics for the jobs and final fantasy VIII bacause of the SeeD and the Galbadian army...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
My favorite Final Fantasies are, in order of release, IV, VI, and (Yes, really) X-2.

I like IV for the characters -- Especially Rydia. That scene in the "Second World" where she rejoins is just awesome.

I like VI for much the same reason as IV. The characters are excellent. Celes, Terra, Setzer, Relm, Mog. This is, in my opinion, the best Final Fantasy cast by far.

I like X-2 because it is fun. It's not deep and faux-philisophical. It is fun. The characters, especially Paine, are great, the game is full of humor, and it has, by far, the best Active Time Battle System in any video game.

Despite Tidus's whining, I enjoyed 10, and despite Yuna's stupid "I must do this and this...." I enjoyed 10-2.

Seeing as those are the only two I've played, I have nothing more to add

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFVII, FFVI, FFV, FFT

Those are my favorite ones, in that order. I love all the other ones as well, these four are just my absolute favorites of the godly series.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: