Suikoden United and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played VII, VIII, X, X-2. Out of those I prefer FFVII, I thought materia was an excellent system of magic to use and remains one of my favourite implementations of this staple aspect of RPGs.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havnt played that much Final Fantasy except Final Fantasy X.

Final Fantasy X is my favorite if the series (obviously). They talk which is good. Also the gameplay is good because its easy to understand. The animation is better than Final Fantasy IX, as i have seen. The story is great, and the music is great too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite final fantasy? It would be Final fantasy 7. I really liked it's materia system and seems very unique the characters were cool I also liked it's gameplay and story I know it's not the best rpg ever but this game seems like the one that introduced the rpg genre. If I am not mistaken it is the first Rpg and First Final fantasy I ever played.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ed_20 wrote:
If I am not mistaken it is the first Rpg and First Final fantasy I ever played.

Mine too. It remains my second favorite video game.
perfectcircle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deffinetly FFX, the story was awsome and the FMV's were done very well
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well.. my favorite final fantasy game is Final fantasy 8 because this is the first final fantasy that I ever played.. and I kinda like it's story and the characters in it...
MeltDown!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VII. Greatest. Experience. Ever.
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ive played all the final fantasy games and i can say (because im a traditionalist) that the 3rd and the 4th are the best, final fantasy tactis advance is good too.
i hate ff8 and ff9 and ff10, they are really bad.
ff6 is really good and ff7 too (but it has a story that shares nothing with the previous ff, like the medieval scene, the moon, the crystals...)

ff1 has only 4 chars from the beginning, and there arent the summons, but there is the king bahamuth, not eden, what is eden, bah!
ff2 is the only one that i havent finished, i didnt like it much.

ok now its time to say good bye... i have speak too much.
eyes that lie
break on through to the other side
VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that Final Fantasy 7 was the best game of them all. It had a terrific story and awesome charater designs. It also had one of the best RPG villians of all time, which was Sephiroth. FF7 was the first RPG to use CG animation. Now almost every RPG game has CG animiantion in it. Final Fantasy 7 changed the way of RPG games to the way it is today, so this is the best one without a doubt.

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite was Final Fantasy 4. Something about it, just made it the most memorable. The Red Wings theme is my favorite song in all of Final Fantasy. Heck, I thought that the rest of the soundtrack was awesome as well.

The story was also pretty cool. Granted, I kinda' thought it was cheesy how people would die and keep coming back, as if it was some kind of soap opera, but the game was solid, and provided hours of enjoyment. Character development was somewhat shallow, as it was mostly cliche, but it was still fun, and interesting to watch unfold.

Another thing that I think made this game really neat, was the different classes of characers that would join you. Summoners, white mages, dark knights, bards, Ninjas, & Monks. Granted, the class system and customization was greatly improved with the next game (Final Fantasy V.) I think the overal quality of the story took a huge hit.

Thankfully, Final Fantasy VI has an incredible storyline as well, and is a very close second as my favorite Final Fantasy game. VII is good, as well, but I attribute most of that game's greatness to it's awesome gameplay, innovative materia system, and excellent graphics (at the time.) The characters were also more modern and easier to relate to, but the overall story wasn't as good (in my opnion) as 4 or 6.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Circle

Lighthouse Keeper

10013 Potch
226 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that you are right, but... how can i have forgotten ff V!
its one of the best, i think it is the ff where i was more trained.
cyan was lvl.99.
i beat the last boss (kefka) with a single blow.
cyan with a normal attack does 12 atacks (i dont remember what item i gave him) but still...
eyes that lie
Blade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My list goes in thsi order

6, 4, 9, 7, tactics, 8, Tactics Advance, a pile of moldy garbage, and then the utter drivel that was X and X-2.

UberYuber wrote:
Maybe if I keep saying stupid stuff I'll eventually get quoted in a sig!

There ya go UberYuber.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does everybody think that X is that bad? (let's not talk about X-2 :) ) I actualy thought it was pretty good (not in comparison to other FF games, but as a standalone it was pretty solid)

I do agree that with time the FF are becoming worse, but I have faith in 12 myself.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved FFX as well. I played it for the first time an exact year ago (give it take two days- it was during my exam time) and couldn't get enough of it until I uh, did (always happens near the end). I thought it was a nice, solid RPG, with its predictable elements (knowing that you're going to fight Sin no matter what) and it's unpredictable elements (Tidus not being there in the end to see Spira because of what he was). It was fairly straight forward and followed one path- this can be good or bad, but for me, it was good. Most of the RPG's I played, you can branch out and enhance the storyline. In FFX, it all seemed to be there as you played through. It was all mapped out for you and you couldn't stray from that. So I enjoyed it.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, because Tidus was in a world where he didn't grow up, it made alot of things possible. How did Tidus get to Spira anyway? I forgot:(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: