Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
This IS the process of properly setting up your characters in FF8.

Which is a disadvantage if compared to other FF games that you only need to buy armors and accessories. That's why it is still a disadvantage none the less.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
And replacing it with card playing is better, since it takes a fraction of the time drawing does, and yields much better results.

Heh, that's a funny joke.

It's pretty bad if I have to play a stupid minigame just to make the main game itself bearable. Maybe it's okay for you, but you can't expect everyone to like the card game. For me, Final Fantasy VIII came down to pure, utter tedium. Character development didn't seem like a natural part of the game, but was instead nothing more than an annoying chore.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

adrich wrote:
Gwendal wrote:
And replacing it with card playing is better, since it takes a fraction of the time drawing does, and yields much better results.

Heh, that's a funny joke.

It's pretty bad if I have to play a stupid minigame just to make the main game itself bearable. Maybe it's okay for you, but you can't expect everyone to like the card game. For me, Final Fantasy VIII came down to pure, utter tedium. Character development didn't seem like a natural part of the game, but was instead nothing more than an annoying chore.

Well, people brought up the Draw complaint, so I mentioned the card game as an alternative. I find the card game a lot of fun and enjoy playing it(and I saw it mentioned a couple of times in the minigames thread as well), but if you don`t like drawing(understandable enough) OR the card game, I can see that it`s a problem. Weren`t you the one who didn`t like minigames in RPGs at all? Anyway, the point is that card playing is much faster than drawing, and a lot more fun(at least for me and many others).

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't bother with drawing if you don't like doing it. Easy as pie.
Blaze Silven

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea Final Fantasy tactics was a good game, but I'd have to stick with Final Fantasy X for now. Anyway, is there a new one coming out? I heard there was but I needed to make sure.
or until I die
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zanmato Silven, There is a new Final Fantasy that is coming out. I it called Final Fantasy XII (who would have guessed). It is based in the land of Ivalice (I may have spelled that wrong) like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was. So far, from what I have heard, it is very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in thatit has the races still there. Also I here that "judges" are the badguys in this game.

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy 6 because the worst actully happens and it has a great story. I enjoy rerecruiting the party members after the middle of the game.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
Zanmato Silven, There is a new Final Fantasy that is coming out. I it called Final Fantasy XII (who would have guessed). It is based in the land of Ivalice (I may have spelled that wrong) like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was. So far, from what I have heard, it is very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance in thatit has the races still there. Also I here that "judges" are the badguys in this game.

Yes I've heard that too. But is it really supposed to be in the actual Ivalice? It could just be another world with the same name as the one from Tactics. Well, if it does turn out to take place in FFT's Ivalice, hopefully we'll see some familiar things.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having played just about Final Fantasy ever released in English, I would have to say without a doubt that Final Fantasy VI is the best. Gameplay innovations and an amazing story has kept this game as my favourite. Here's why:

The Tirintiy Sight System -- Early in the game you have the chance to play as 3 different characters/groups and when I first seen this it simply floored me. It was so cool.

The Esper System -- A truly unique magic system that has been copied by tons of other games. Suikoden's runes, FFVII's Materia, etc. The idea of items giving you special powers (magic) was great and was later duplicated on the weapon->physical skills systems. This game even had summons :)

Character development -- This game developed the 16 characters very well and you really ended up liking at least a few. I immediately liked Locke and the twin brothers, Sabin and Edgar. Not only were the characters developed well, they were unique too. Locke was my theif, Sabin had great moves and Edgar's tools were great. Celes and Tera were powerful mages and Cyan was my knight. I really liked the characters.

Multiple parties -- That idea was killer. Travelling the Phoenix Caves using teamwork was a great idea. It actually forced you to keep your guys relatively combat ready.

Kefka -- Not only was he hilarious, he was the best bad-guy in an RPG ever! Sure Seprioth had the look, but Kefka was truly evil. His laugh was shrill and even with better technology, you'd have to keep that laugh with him.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Believe it or not, I am actually not that big a fan of the FF series. I actually played Suikoden first, so FF seemed redundant in terms of gaming quality compared to Suikoden. Although I have played a few FF games, so far the ones on my like list are FF VII(sorta given huh?) and FF Crystal Chronicles(just for the sheer satisfaction of beating things up with a racket. I like Selkies.)

I don't like Tactics too much. I'm not a huge fan of Grid Map RPGs, which Tactics is. This is also part of the reason I can't seem to get into Disgaea too. Grid Map RPGs, to me, are really tedious.

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite game of all time( yes including the Suikoden series) is Final Fantasy VI. I loved the esper system, character development was amazing, and as stated above, Kefka was the best bad-guy ever. Yes thats right, worse then Luca..I hope I don't start an argument on that. No one could match his evilness, or his laugh :P if you can call it that.

Sup?
Kraven

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say final fantasy VII and X are my all time favourites. I liked the characters and plot. I hated the damn sphere grid in final fantasy X but blitzball ruled.
One thing i like about the final fantasy series is the constant appearance chocobos. I like the chocobos.
In ff7 i liked sephiroth and the materia and in ff10 i liked Calabolg (Tidus' sword) and he difficulty of the game.
Final fantasy 6 would be next because i liked 6 better than ff8.
I really think the Final Fantasy series is a great RPG. :D
Marnix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Final fantasy 6. It was good simplish and the plot had themes close to home. I really dont know why, but I really dont know why else I like it, it just connects I suppose.

After that I like Tactics with the job system and the plot, which really seemed a bit confusing at times but still great

and then eight because it was my first ff game and I thought the junction system was really good overall
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently started playing Final Fantasy VI it is 100% better than FF Tactics Cooler characters than Tactics! :mrgreen:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm well personally i've kindof lost some faith in the FF series since that disaster of a game X-2 but final fantasy 11 was really cool if your into the online thing....But i would have to say my favorites are FFVII and FFX just because both the storylines are pretty solid and both are fairly long games and are just all around pretty good RPG'S
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: