Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden Anime to start?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erm, whoever said that every manga is only there to be made an anime is dead wrong, I'm sorry. Oftentimes manga do get made into anime, but sometimes it's the other way around, and even others there's never an anime or never a manga to go along with the manga/anime in question. They are two distinct media and should not be confused as being joined in any real way.

It's sort of like saying all American comics exist to be made into movies. Yeah, we just got Constantine, we've had X-Men and Spiderman and Superman and Batman and the Hulk and *thinks* Daredevil *shudders* and Elektra *shudders more* and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and probably more [I still hear rumors occasionally about a Way of the Rat movie; and Rising Stars was supposed to become a movie too] but that leaves a hell of a lot that never have and never will find themselves on the silver screen. Considering how prolific manga is and how much doesn't ever see the American shore, I'd say it's a safe best that the percentages of manga made into anime isn't going to be that much larger than that of American comics made into Hollywood movies.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually agree that it may be a WHOLE NEW STORY... A new true rune and full of cameos. I do hope that this does happen, I don't want to be misle again just like the last announcement of an anime for Suikoden...

If ever it was based on some Suikoden like II... A s Black Pesmerga has said, then it would be too long. So a new story is plausible.

Just so you know, I've been working on my own Suikoden for 3 years now... Current;y made about 67 characters.... No story as of yet... Hopefully be able to sell my idea to Konami... Maybe they're thinking up of new ideas a welll... Might as well help them!

So hopefully i hope this isn't a hoax... I'd like to see more of Viki,,,,

If ever it is based on the Suikoden III manga then it ruly would be interesting... So all i can say is... I can't wait... :|

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, this thread might be old, but I must post something... about what I have found... I have found an ANIME!!! the name of this anime... is called suikoden : demon century...

consider this post, not a heads up of the anime... but a warning... here's the link to the site http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/entry.php?id=167

and here's a paragraph from i showing a warning to you lot...
" First, I want to point out that this OVA has nothing to do with the Suikoden games. As someone who wanted to watch this specifically for that reason (to see if there was any relation), I'd recommend you keep that in mind when reading this review, and when deciding if you'll watch this. The Suikoden legend is based on a Chinese story that was ported over to Japanese beliefs as well, which deals with the 108 stars and such. If there is a direct corollation between this anime and the games, please let me know. Otherwise, unless I'm missing something huge, there are no related characters and nothing related of the sort to the games."

okay, you can go to the link to see for yourself what this looks like and WHY is it called Suikoden... coincedence? a ervy VERY surprising one... I found it while on a downloading spree and thought that I should let you guys and gals know about this ... that there is a suikoden anime out there... just not based on the game LOL...

JNX out
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden turned to an anime? You mean like what they did to Star Ocean EX? Wait, or was it the other way around? Nevermind.

If it was a anime, I would prefer it to be a new story rather than an adaptation. I'd rather see the new story as a bad anime than see a good story as a bad adaptation, if you get what I mean.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... a new story that is unpredictable and gripping... we all want that for this game...

well for the suikoden : demons century... here's more details

the genre is adventure and fantasy... (a bit like the game hehehe)

the running time is around fourty six minutes... (okay now getting 108 Stars of destiny is impossible lol)

There is only one episode, but this ain't a movie... it's an OVA (original video animation)

I think it was made in 1993

now the link for that... and this link allows you to buy or order a copy from their site...

Quote:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=750

JNX out
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regardless of which game it's based on, or even if it was a new storyline I'd personally love to see a Suikoden anime. I would be standing there the first day it came out waiting to buy it. :lol:

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:

Just so you know, I've been working on my own Suikoden for 3 years now... Current;y made about 67 characters.... No story as of yet... Hopefully be able to sell my idea to Konami... Maybe they're thinking up of new ideas a welll... Might as well help them!
|

why does everyone think they can do that? I truly don't think you can, I could be wrong, but If you want to publish fan-made things, I suggest you get good at writing and become a Trekkie, other wise I don't think any of us can tell anyone what to do.

also you can't sell your idea to them, for one you don't own Genso Suikoden in the first place, if your suikoden is "genso suikoden" then selling it would be quite...intersting. "hey look I'm selling you things based off of your idea", that dosen't work well. If it were an orginal creation, maybe. Though I'd like to try my luck and write in, and tell the GS staff that "we" desperatly need the anime(s) for it. but I don't write professional letters, and "hello I like Suikoden, I know people on line that think theres a GS anime, but there isn't, we think itsa good idea to make one, please make one. thanks bye". In any language that isn't how you get things done.

I suggest we feel let down, rally up and make a letter, "internet signed" by as many people on forums, or blogs we can who want it.

then of course theres "how to hanlde it", if my comment is here about S2's "animaion" then read it, I think there could be a way to intergrate the possible endings into one. but I think "possible out comes" and "night mare could-be prophacy-dreams" are too American/dumb.
the biggist problem is most of the 'hero charas" don't talk. so making them would upset lots of people. because "its not cannon". sure you have your choses. oh speeking of choices, for a S1 animation I guess the logical, cannonical "way things should be" would involve letting the generals live.
for S2, the choses are in those stupid non-star animals, and when you have to chose between two star-characters. that is just, not right.
so it would be like making the game all over again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they were to make a Suikoden game into an Anime, they'd prolly do Suikoden 3, since they already have a popular Manga based on the game, they know a show will also be able to make some money. Yar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga wrote:
if the animation was anything like the intro of S3 an anime would be AMAZING :mrgreen:

- Pesmerga

Agreed

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On a side note, it's possible that Voice Actor, Mugito, signed on to do the voice for a Suikoden anime show. We know he signed up for some sort of Suikoden media...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We can all dream and hope for a suikoden anime.

But frankly, i think they really should do it. With Suikoden's indepth storyline, an anime would be perfect. Really perfect. An anime can also side track to other characters stories in a more detailed manner that a game would be unable to acheive.

A Suikoden anime would so boost the series' popularity and market, as well as reinburse fan's love for the series.

At the same time, if done well and with enough publication, this can pull in new fans to the game. People who are not fans of suikoden yet not because they don't like it, but because they don't know about it.

I'm thinking with the plotline, it could even do better than animes like Naruto...
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Don't we wish, considering the plot for the manga is tons better than the game's plot.

Wait wait. What? Isn't the manga a mirror of the game's plot. I've been reading it lately and I've played three-but I don't see a difference. :?

Oops, forgot to mention that I think the idea of an anime is sweet indeed. But I worked in a game store at one point in my all together miserable work related history and I have to say that the word of a co-worker can't be trusted. At least not whole heartedly anyway. I'll get excited when I see further proof of this.

...but I'm still happy about the idea. (Don't want to bring anyone down or nothin').

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The way it's arranged is alot better then the arrangement of the plot in the game, I'm sure that's what he means, because I feel the same way. While they follow the same plot line, the way the manga has set it up so far is so much better. Plus, the writer has done an amazing job, some of has given me goosebumps. ^^

Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

is there any word if its going to be in english or in like japeneese with english subtitles?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I'd rather have manga than anime. I used to be a big anime nut, but I've found that the mangas for all of my anime series are much, MUCH better in many ways.

First of all, they're a hell of a lot cheaper.
Second, there is often more plot and backstory offered in the manga.
Third, there is a slimmer chance of poor character representation. (ala, no VAs/Seiyuus to give either piss-poor productions)
And it's low-tech. No need for VHS/DVD players, just a lamp and a comfy chair or equivalant. :mrgreen:

It's basically the same difference between watching a movie and reading the book that the movie was based from. 9/10, the book was better. :wink:

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: