Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden Anime to start?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
why wouldent konami be up for such an endeavor? A suiko anime done right would kick ass

Well it's going to kick ass for the fans of Suikoden. But it's doubtful that it'd give them worthy profit. In the world these days. profit is one of the most important things if not the most important thing when it comes to producing any products.

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
actulary sure it would. You be surprised how much you can cover in a 26 episode run. And its all togehtor likly that konami wont go for something like that ever. so its based on the same legend as someone said and is that basically.

It would most likely depend on the style of the anime. If they rush things, of course 26 episodes would be enough to tell the story. But the viewers could be turned off with the too fast pace of the story. Let's just use Suikoden 2 as an example (S1 too short, S3 might be too long).

The basic storyline could be divided into:
1. Introduction - Up until let's say Riou escaped from Rowd's attempt to kill execute Riou and Jowy.
2. Rune of Beginning - Up until Riou and Jowy got their runes.
3. Sindar Ruins - Sidequest about the Sindar Ruin in White Deer Inn.
4. Muse event - Until Muse fell to Highland.
5. S.Window event - Until Riou, Viktor, Freed, etc sent to confront Neclord.
6. Neclord saga I - Until they managed to kill Abomination.
7. N.Window event - Up until Fitcher's apperance.
8. Two River event - Until they got Two River as an ally.
9. Greenhill event I - Until they saved Teresa.
10. Matilda event I - Until they got the Blue and Red Knights.
11. Toran Republic event - Until being allies with Toran.
12. Luca Blight's Death - Yup, until Luca's dead.
13. Fake Peace Conference - Until it was revealed that Jowy was faking the peace offer.
14. Neclord saga II - Until Neclord's dead and Tinto becoming allies.
15. Greenhill event II - Retaking Greenhill
16. Matilda event II - Retaking Rockaxe castle
17. End of Dunan Unification War - Until L'Renouille is taken by Jowston.

While I roughly divived Suikoden 2's plot into 17 parts, some parts would definitely require more than 1 episode to really portray the events that happened. This is ignoring the sidequests that happened (Clive's sidequest could definitely take up to a full episode or even two, recruiting characters would also take up a few episodes, etc etc). So 26 episodes would only be enough if either they take out some parts or they rush every single thing. To be honest, 26 episodes are just not enough.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO Suikoden II is arguably longer than Suikoden III, but the latter felt longer because of the Trinity Sight System. And adaptation from manga to anime seems more popular than adapting directly from a game (or novelisation of it).

Not forget to mention that Suikoden III manga already have a firm fanbase... once you overlook whiny Suikoden II fans.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy SH** a Suikoden anime? WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be SWEET.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's still a big if, you know. Notice how there wasn't discussion on it since September. If anything more firm was known I think we'd have heard by now.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bet he's thinking of some other anime that has nothing to do with Suikoden. If the Cowboy Bebop teem is behind it then perhaps Samurai Champlu was licenesed for over here and that's what he's thinking of.
GreyCydranth

Felis Silvestris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i hope its really an anime series. cowboy bebop and samurai champloo are well done.

if there's an anime, the storyline could possibly be stand alone, seperate from the games.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i think that if they make an anime about Suikoden,they are gonna have to create a new story.And it's the best thing to do, since most of the people that would watch the anime series have already played the games and they(we) know most of the plot of the games.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
(S1 too short, S3 might be too long).

Suikoden one may be too short, but it could be made in series... like season one would be suikoden one the anime, then suikoden two is the second season for those who haven't played suikoden one should at least experience it through anime... as for suikoden three... well whatever yeah... it's too short.

oh yeah... an anime would or could easily be longer than the game though... I don't think they would run like we do in the game :lol: and I think in the anime, there would be a whole load of talking... but much, MUCH les random battles lol otherwise the series would get boring rather easily... :lol:

Quote:
It would most likely depend on the style of the anime. If they rush things, of course 26 episodes would be enough to tell the story. But the viewers could be turned off with the too fast pace of the story. Let's just use

Twenty six episodes... being around half an hour each like most anime's with that many episodes hehehe... anyway... I would wonder how they can extend the anime that long... we... or I manage to learn and finish suikoden one in seven hours doing near enough EVERYTHING... meaning... the anime series would only need around fourteen episodes to tell the whole story EXCLUDING the random battles and long travels and stuff... well, they could go to twenty episodes... well... my thought anyway...

As for suikoden two... well the same thing really... but if they made the intro as long as trigun then yeah they could go to around twenty nine episodes and possibly more with ease... just show good long war and fight scenes hehehe... and Luca taking crowds of human heads off mwa ha haa... :twisted:

Quote:
The basic storyline could be divided into:
1. Introduction - Up until let's say Riou escaped from Rowd's attempt to kill execute Riou and Jowy.
2. Rune of Beginning - Up until Riou and Jowy got their runes.
3. Sindar Ruins - Sidequest about the Sindar Ruin in White Deer Inn.
4. Muse event - Until Muse fell to Highland.
5. S.Window event - Until Riou, Viktor, Freed, etc sent to confront Neclord.
6. Neclord saga I - Until they managed to kill Abomination.
7. N.Window event - Up until Fitcher's apperance.
8. Two River event - Until they got Two River as an ally.
9. Greenhill event I - Until they saved Teresa.
10. Matilda event I - Until they got the Blue and Red Knights.
11. Toran Republic event - Until being allies with Toran.
12. Luca Blight's Death - Yup, until Luca's dead.
13. Fake Peace Conference - Until it was revealed that Jowy was faking the peace offer.
14. Neclord saga II - Until Neclord's dead and Tinto becoming allies.
15. Greenhill event II - Retaking Greenhill
16. Matilda event II - Retaking Rockaxe castle
17. End of Dunan Unification War - Until L'Renouille is taken by Jowston.

Nice... I rate you for that man... :P

Quote:
So 26 episodes would only be enough if either they take out some parts or they rush every single thing. To be honest, 26 episodes are just not enough.

Hehehe... not bad... well then, twenty six episodes would rush something like this a bit, so around twenty nine episodes might be perfect, which is like the anime Berserk... I for a fact know that they can't make fifty one episodes like Full Metal Alchemist but it would be that long if they include random battles and a long intro and exit and all that hehehe...

Quote:
Yeah i think that if they make an anime about Suikoden,they are gonna have to create a new story.And it's the best thing to do, since most of the people that would watch the anime series have already played the games and they(we) know most of the plot of the games.

Aww... true true... meaning that the long thing above which Black Pesmerga kindly took time to type out would be... well not in use if there was one then... nevermind, a story could be obained from a fan fiction LOL you know im messing... anyway, I think that they are running out of good stories lol, I don't quite fancy suikoden three or suikoden four which is why I think so... and it is also my opinion therefore unchangable hahaha...

I actually have a dynasty warriors anime... DYNASTY WARRIORS!!! do you know how long the whole story is!!?? first I have the movie, which consists of over two hundred and fifty compact discs... each over an hour long... and now I have chapter one of the anime, Lu Bu's Offence, and the unification of the three dragons!!! hahaha... long thing lol... well anyway, if suikoden was created like the dynasty ones I got... then I would only get it for the sake of having it... but not watch it because the animation and all is rubbish...

Discuss more!!!

JNX out
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there is a Suikoden anime, I hope it would explain some backstory at the beginning or anything to enlighten newcomers to the series, should the anime be a remake of one of the games. Too often, game-made-anime titles are awful because the creators thought that everyone knew who everyone was and what was going on. Take the Toshinden anime for example. :?

Even if the Suikoden anime was stand alone and it introduced a brand new True Rune, some legends would have to be explained if Konami wants to make profit and increase its fanbase. A prolouge by Leknaat explaining this would be all too appropriate. :)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if a Suikoden anime introduced a new Rune. It'd be a different media in expanding the Suikoden world instead of us waiting for new sequels every three years... like how the .hack series uses various media to tell its story. Suikoden shouldn't go overkill with the media coverage like .hack, but it'd be something different.

Recruiting all 108 stars wouldn't be necessary in an anime. All you need would be the Tenkai (hero), Tengou (governmental ally like Lepant and Lino), Chikai (strategist), like a trio+ of heroes, and any others the story would deem necessary. Cameos of game characters wouldn't hurt it, but it wouldn't help it either if done too much.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
GreyCydranth

Felis Silvestris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, recruitment wouldnt be necessary, but they could put in a couple of cameos for fun. i would hope for either a back story or something brand new.

if they do use a game, it could possably be suikoden 3, since the manga's story is already there. i wouldd prefer 1 or 2 though ( a silent hero! ...but i doubt it :lol: )
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I actually have a dynasty warriors anime... DYNASTY WARRIORS!!! do you know how long the whole story is!!?? first I have the movie, which consists of over two hundred and fifty compact discs... each over an hour long... and now I have chapter one of the anime, Lu Bu's Offence, and the unification of the three dragons!!!

That's a Romance of the Three Kingdoms anime, not Dynasty Warriors. They're both based off the same thing of course, like how there're are several Suikoden related things that aren't related to beloved game. They're just based off the same book.

But unlike Suikoden Dynasty Warriors remains pretty close to its source, so it'd be similar to other stuff made from ROTK.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden anime sound like it has some good potential! Huge fan base and it can't be boring! Every single game has it's intense story. They made the manga . . . And that was pretty successful I think? The series is going to run longer than 26 episodes thats for sure! Even if they make the story based on one of the game would be nice. I just hope it would be like Rune soldier funny and creative. . . :wink:

WHat is the ROTK/Dynasty Warroir anime called! I would like to check that out ! It sounds very interesting! !!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The manga was successful enough to try to sell here in the new American manga subculture. I can't tell you how well sells are doing here. But the fact that anime and now manga have so entrenched themselves in American subculture is a good sign for getting more out of Japan than we ever have before.

Not only that, but if they -fail- to release any such thing over here, there's fansubbers. You can thus eventually find the anime on the nets for free, and it is 100% legal. Even if they plan to release it here, it's still legal until it is actually licensed in America. So no matter what, if they make it, we'll get it. Personally, I'm going to look for it [whatever it is, even if it isn't Suikoden related; I'm curious to see what else this fellow can do] before it comes to the US; A), I'm sort of money impaired, and B) I just plain like fansubbing better than "official" subtitles. They have more passion for their work at the fansubbers, I personally think, and get to the heart of the meaning better than the corporate translators do. The dialog usually flows more naturally if done by a good fansubber.

Unless of course that fansubber lives in Chinatown; it's always fun getting anime translated into English by someone who doesn't speak the language. Oh yeah. Good times.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I should probably comment on this again, since I was the one to start this rumor here. I actually forgot about this thread until I happened to skim inside this forum just now, so I think I should let you know what my friend told me recently.

Basically, every manga out there is written so it can later become an anime. He says that's the whole point of making a manga. And because the story of Suikoden III has become a manga, it will therefore one day be the basis of an anime. Apparently that was all there was to it. I'm sorry for the stuff about the writers of Cowboy Bebop, apparently that was all just rumors he had heard--nothing substantial. :oops:

But I agree with his logic that an anime will one day be made based on Suikoden III's plot. Unfortunately there isn't any actual news about it at the moment.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well at least we know so that we can end the speculation for the moment. Interesting how all mangas are made to be an anime. I didn't know that, but it makes since. I also think Suikoden III could make an interesting anime, especially with the trinity sight system somehow involved.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: