Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden Anime to start?????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: New Suikoden Anime to start????? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I work at a movie store in a mall, and today one of my co-workers (knowing I love Suikoden) told me that a 26-episode anime is about to go into production soon, with the makers of Cowboy Bebop doing the animation. He also told me that Murayama might be involved!

I will try to find out more info as it comes in, and I'll try to find out what the source of this news is.

(I've never bought any anime in my entire life, but this will be employee discount well-spent if it is true!)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lahti of the Flame

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, that would be SO cool. I hope your friend is right. :D

From the makers of Cowboy Bebop, no less!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even if Murayama is involved, it'd be something non-suikoden--mainly because Konami owns the rights to it.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden III manga are to be made into anime, perhaps? *wishful thinking*
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't we wish, considering the plot for the manga is tons better than the game's plot.
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if the animation was anything like the intro of S3 an anime would be AMAZING :mrgreen:

- Pesmerga

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Suikoden Anime would be a good thing to anticipate in the future (if it is true) but I wouldn't think that 26 episodes will give us the whole Suikoden feeling.

What I mean is that we won't really be able to know everything about every character secret or even to see a star of destiny more than once in one episode or even to experience every little thing that happens between the characters.

Anyway, I really hope that it will come true and we would see a Suikoden anime in the future.

P.S. if it is released it will also be the first anime I will buying but not the first one that I take from my friends :mrgreen: .

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd actually be pretty iffy about the whole thing. I love the anime-style opening of Suikoden III and all but I'm not too sure I'd want to see Suikoden as an anime title itself. I also enjoy a series called Wild ARMs and... well, go rent the anime - although some of the characters were based on (or actually were) characters from the game (Mostly Wild ARMs 2 - the worst of the series in my opinion) they didn't feel genuinely in character. Also, the Final Fantasy anime may be good and all but it just comes off as a turn off to me. ;P

I'd have to agree with SARS in saying it probably couldn't be Suikoden related since Konami owns the rights to the series. I don't know how many of you are familiar with SatAM Sonic but it seems they had problems releasing DVDs because the company trying to distribute the series did not own the rights to the production and had to stop after releasing two VHS tapes and one DVD. Muramaya potentially being involved with an anime would probably turn out much like the new game he's working on.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can't the work togher? I hate things. If I ever write for somone.....I'd be pissed.
its "like god giving up its creation to another" wouldn't it be wrong to take claim to angles and make the do as you say?

Personaly...I think they should have consent "can we have XYZ to ABC" and see what comes after that.

I think making S2 into an animation, even with its 4 endings is possilbe, ask? well you see, there are things called "trippy dream sequcenses" and
"prophitic visions". also, everyone gets to live the Clive Sidequest story this way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

why wouldent konami be up for such an endeavor? A suiko anime done right would kick ass

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord wrote:
What I mean is that we won't really be able to know everything about every character secret or even to see a star of destiny more than once in one episode or even to experience every little thing that happens between the characters.

They handled the stars of destiny thingy just well in the manga. That could work in anime. Of course, one won't be seeing much of the free characters... only Story VIPs would appear more.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you sure he doesn't mean an anime based on the OVA Suikoden: Demon Century? Based on the same legend, but not remotely connected with the Konami series we all know and love?

I find it kinda hard to believe. I think if so many high-profile people were involved, one of the fansites would have picked it up by now if it were true.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

26 episodes about a half hour, maybe an hour, long. That still wouldn't be long enough to tell about any of the games...Except maybe Suiko1.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actulary sure it would. You be surprised how much you can cover in a 26 episode run. And its all togehtor likly that konami wont go for something like that ever. so its based on the same legend as someone said and is that basically.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be my dream. Let's all hope...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: