Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mortality. Please Read.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Mortality. Please Read. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my friend rico DIED on friday!!
he was in the back of a truck (which is first mistake) and he decided to get in the car with a driver that was drunk (second and fatal mistake)......the driver lost control and crashed into a fence. since he as in the back he flew out.....he hit his head on something and later that night died of brain damages.......ahfbaeyiugbeaib this pisses me off and makes me sad as hell! the driver is in Martinez facing charges right now. yes if anyone else has any stories like this please post.

MORAL OF STORY PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ALSO WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT!!!!!!!

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Mist

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My condolences for you... I am very sad to hear such a tragic story ... I sympathy with all of his friends and especially with his famlly.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`m sorry to hear that...I wish you my condolences too. I can`t contribute much more than that, since I`ve been lucky enough to never have been in such a situation.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's pretty sad, but i'm wondering what put your friend in the position to make that mistake? was he also drinking? was he legal to drink? even if he is, a rational person, after bonbardment of the dangers of drink-driving and a law which is meant to encourage "Responsible drinking" amongst young adults is still failing.

I'm absolutly sorry if your friend wasn't drinking. i am truly sorry he is dead. it's just sad that another person has to die to drive home the message "don't drive with drunk people" "wear a seatbelt" and "if your drunk, and stranded, and your only ride is someone who's drunk? walk, catch a taxi, or sleep over"

again, i'm really sorry, even though it may not seem that way (i'm not very emotional), but i hope you have good network of support (friends, family, your friends family) at this sad time.

my best friend had died as we were begining 10th grade. we had all these plans for our senior years, we were going to convince our parents to let us transfer to another high-school so we can "start over" (run in with the popular girls kind of left us suicidal!) the bad thing is, when things got better, when we didn't think that way anymore, she died in a car accident. she was driving with her parents to her farm, just like 15 minutes away. the road was a gravel road, it wasn't sealed. her mother was driving, and lost control of the car (i think she hit a pothole). the car hit an electricity post. her dad was in the car behind her, and about 3 minutes later he arrived on the sceen.
she had lost a lot of blood, and died before the rescue ambulance came. it was a serious head injury. i was notified 3 days later. i cried for a week, and didn't talk for about a month. i didn't know what to say, i didn't know how to act. i felt bad for how she was treated. i felt that i had let her down in other respects. nothing mattered, and i felt like nothing. most of all, i wish i had known her parents better. i was her friend during the "Bad" times, once all her friends ditched her. i tried to patch them up together. it could be i'm bitter that no one gave a f--- how i was feeling. i wish i could've done something to make her family feel better.

it was only earlier this year i visited her grave. i saw her picture and cried over her for the first time in ages. she was only 14 when she died, and just thinking that "she'd be my age now if she lived", and all the stupid pointless things in life we could've done together that comes with being friends and growing up (i think i'm pretty loyal to my friends). i'm sure i would've been a different person with her in my life - i probably wouldn't be typing this now, probably out at some party or doing my masters now in some field of biology (Epidemiology interested me greatly!) (we were enthusiastic students back then). but i can't complain, i've grown in many ways which would otherwise never have occured. i am more emotional (but still lack skills in expression), more accepting of others views and more receptive, but on the negative more suspicious of people's motives and loyalty, not so disciplined. ah well.

her mother later lobbied for the road to be fixed. she won a spot in local council and has put pressure on the state govt to fund it (they wouldn't because they said it should be fedrally funded). i think it was finally fixed sometime last year, 6 years after she died (but only in some sections).

my friend was an only child. about 2 year after her death, her mum gave birth to twins - a brother and a sister. this was great news to hear, i just hate that i wasn't able to share anything with them - i'm a stranger.

is there a lesson here? "gravel roads suck"
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal...my condolences about your friend, and I'm sorry you're grieving, but wouldn't you feel more comfortable writing about this in an internet journal rather than a public forum?
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zeal and Schala-Kid, my warm condolences are for you two... it's really a sad and heartbreaking news to read something like that and to know that they both left at such a young age without discovering the joy of each stage of our lives.

I don't really know what to tell you both except for sorry to you and to his family and friends... I in the past did experience a similar situation to what you both did though he wasn't really a friend of mine but he was someone who I saw almost everyday for the past four years... I remember seeing him always smiling to his friends and being cheerful with them... he was a good person.

The first time I knew about his death was in Ramadan (holy month in Islam), it was in our midterm exams at High School.

At the beginning of the exam, everyone knew about him passing away, but no one spoke about it until the exam ended, it was a shock for me because I also knew that someone died in our school but I didn't expect that it was him.

My only regret is that I never really tried to know him better, which was really something that filled me with a sorrow and made really angry about myself.

Anyway, the only thing that I learned is that I must always try to know the people around me and to move on with my life when something like this happens because life never stops.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The death do not pass away, they always live on in your heart and mind.
They will be there to guide you when you are in need of guidance.

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm sorry you guys had to go through things so horrible as the death of friends. :\

Personally, and thankfully, none of my friends have died - even though quite a few of them do foolish things... that could wind up getting them a little further than hurt.

However, my friend's brother died about two years ago and that was shocking to me because I'd seen him around for about twelve years leading up to his death. He wasn't the most friendly person and fought with his sister a lot, which is how I remember him from my childhood... but it hurt me to see how much my friend missed him - and her mother. I really didn't know what to say to her and I didn't want to cause her more pain by bringing up his death so I would just ask her how things were going and the normal everyday questions you'd ask a friend. :| No one's even sure how he died. He was found dead by the road - something about him being by the highway and having "died," although it's believed he may have been murdered (he had a way of getting on people's bad sides at times because he was very opinionated and sometimes stuck his nose in other people's business). =\ It's strange seeing someone you've known so long suddenly never reappear. And even though he had lived in another state for the year in which he died - it still feels like he's alive since he hadn't come back. Sometimes I forget my friend had a brother and sometimes I think he's still out in Florida *Shrug* The mind can play tricks on its owner, eh?

Also, a guy named Ray died last year from my school. I didn't personally know him as a friend but he used to be in my AP Physics class. I used to act as a monitor for my teacher and so I knew people based mostly on their lab reports and test/quizzes. One night I heard a rumor that he was dead, which at the time I thought was only a rumor. The next day I had to mark some labs for my teacher and he had forgotten to write something on the paper so I went up to him and said, "I'm not sure what I should do with this lab - you seemed to have forgotten (whatever it was insert it here)... but I heard from Maria that Ray died?" My teacher nodded and said he was informed of this fact in the morning by Ray's parents and would talk about it during class for a minute or two. So... that was strange. My friend, who sat behind him, was a bit spooked for a while and wanted to change her seat because of the awkward feeings she got sitting there.

From his friends I hear this guy was very ambitious and looking forward to finishing highschool and getting into college. After his death - he died in his sleep - it was determined he had an undiagnosed heart condition which caused his death. What was strange was his friends also said he was talking about seeing "ghosts" and "bright light" that night before going to sleep - and it was even posted in his online journal. :|

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know how it feels man, I've had a lot of people I know affected by drunk driving.

Near the end of my junior year of high school(Prom weekend actually), one of my good friends since first grade died coming back from Wisconsin after the weekend of partying, their car ran off the road, flipped over, and he died. About five months later, another kid in my class(who I didn't know as well) hit a barrier drunk and died.

My older brother and his friend smashed into a pole drunk one night, but they were only injured for a while, although when I was woken up at 3 in the morning to be told that there were some scary moments before they got to 'he's okay'. Just last week, two of my friends ran off the road drunk, but they weren't even hurt too much....their car just got totalled.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am very sorry to hear that. Let me offer you my condolences as well. Losing a friend is always tough, but you must strive on and live you life to the fullest. I am sure that is what your friend would want you to do.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Condolences Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have little to say in this regard.

Sincerest condolences.

"I have walked the earth
and left my mark on my family and friends.
I have laughed, I have loved
I have cried...

In the End, may my life
be the reminder of those good times.
Remember me not for my death
nor by the door which opened to take me there...

My heart is with you, and my spirit, laughs and
cries, and loves with you from another place.
I love you deeply, and will always know that
you loved me.

Remember that you do not walk alone.
I am with you, forever, and at your side until you
are ready to let me go...

----------------------------------
The above was {roughly} translated from the will and testament of a man
who died a few years ago. While I know that this little snippet probably won't amount to much considering what you must be feeling at present, if anyone deserves the title of 'Saint', in my opinion, it was the man I am referring to. He loved his sons and daughters immensely, and those ideas really made me think. Naturally, I still do think about it, and, at the risk of sounding totally insane, I believe him. From the bottom of my heart, I hope you wont let this ruin you, or any of your mutually beloved.

Take Care, and I hope you find Peace soon, remembering to allow yourself to give that peace to his spirit.

Sincerely,
Povis
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zeal, Schala-Kid, and anyone else who has lost a loved one, I am sorry you've had to have the experience of a friend's death.

This is a story that didn't happen to me, but someone I know. I'm going to change the names.

Okay, so one this could get a bit complicated, so bear with me. One of my brother's friends (we'll call him Jeff) had gone out with this girl (who we'll call Julia) and with cheating and lying (from Julia's side) they are in very bad terms. So now Jeff is getting to know someone through Church and is at the moment away at vacation (We'll call this person Jane). Jeff and Jane get a really good relationship, that Jane wants to come back from her vacation (with parents) earlier, and aparently spent alot of money doing so (for the flight back and so one)

But at this point Jeff started going out with someone else, so when Jane get back Jeff rejects her. Jane is really upset by this. Some time between then and what happens next, Jane and Julia become *really* good friends. So one night Jane is calling around at night crying over what happened with Jeff, and some one (who we'll name Nick) is really nice to her, and they eventually go out. At this point Jane is getting into a really bad crowd (like drugs and drinking). When Nick starts to rape Jane and threatening to kill her if she tells anyone. This just gets worse any worse, and she quits going to church, basketball, and eventually school. At this point Jane cries back to Jeff, but Jeff not knowing the situation rejects Jane again.

At this point Jane finds out she is already 3 weeks pregnant and then commits suicide... Julia was devastated, as they were the best of friends.

This all happened this summer, though Julia is taking it very wel, especially since she has no one to talk to about it. Becuase after all this I found out Jane's older brother also commit suicide, and Jane's parents don't want to tell anyone, and want to forget about everything and start over. So Julia barely has anyone to talk to about it.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku, That was a very depressing story (it really did only get worse). I just hope that nothing ever happens to the ones I care about. I hope everyone who has lost someone will get through it fine.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....I once had a friend.
I know him from a long time ago, when i was 5 years old. We go to the same school, the same junior high. In the 2nd grade of junior high, he got leukemia (blood cancer). I can say that we're good friends, and I was really sad when he told me that he won't live long. Then, he said that he wanted to borrow my "chocobo racing" PS cd. And I borrow Final Fantasy 7 from him. He ask me to come in to his house, to play together tomorrow. And the next day he's already with God. His FF7 cds is still with me and I took really good care of it. May peace be with him.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's hear more about death. Here's some more:

A 2nd Grade Teacher in my old Elementary school died from cancer...but she wasn't my 2nd Grade Teacher.
MORALE: Death Happens.

The Principal of my JIS (Jakarta International School) Middle School had a son who graduated from high school and they had the party in Singapore. The principal's son was drunk and fell off a building and died. The entire middle school sent their condolences to our principal.
MORALE: Don't drink...ever.

I had an aquaintance who was swimming one day and he was getting out of the pool. But he was getting out on a metal plate, and an electrical wire was touching it. Hence, he got electrocuted. His sister tried touching him, and she got electrocuted too. They were both sent to the hospital. But my aquaintance died. This happened when i was in the 8th Grade. He was in the 7th. My Indian friends and the whole 7th Grade mourned for his death.
MORALE:...Death happens

My grandmother died while saying her prayers. I think she was at the mosque
MORALE: Death happens. I can't emphasise it enough.

NOW, on a lighter note.
I was playing Warcraft III with my friends. I had a huge army of Wyvern Riders with Poisoned Spears. I was a very strong force....until my strategist enemy unleashed his Crypt Fiends on me and Webbed my Wyverns and decimated me!!!
MORALE: The Key to the Survival of the Fittest is Diversity!! :P

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: