Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shadow Hearts 2/Covenant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm now about 11 hours in and I just recently (about 1-2 hours ago) *Spoilers*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Got Lucia, and fought the best boss EVER! Andre, the huge, fluffy, pink kitten!
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm about 20 hours in (though I tend to play fairly slowly) and I just picked up my seventh character. This game just seems to get better and better. Gah, I don't know what else to say. It's just so good.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got to the second disc last night, and only played for a few minutes today. Got my final party member, and am now savoring the new (and much better) random encounter music.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm now around 20 hours in and *Spoilers*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I recently got Anastaia, I like her snapshot ability, though I've only got one album attack so far, Aqua Raise.

I'm not inside Yuri's soul with Karin, and I'm about to fight Amon. Does anyone else find the sde-quests in this game are extremely fun? I always look forward to Blanca's next wolf bout.
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm currently in the temple of Rasputin with 20+ hours of gameplay (i don't know how to spell the name :) )

i've got some question here;

are the equipments 'Spikes', which doesn't allow any status ailment but also decreases SP everytime you're hit, and 'Will Power' not able to work together?

plus, i may be mistaken, but it seems that 'Will Power' doesn't have any effect on Karin, is that so?

thank u
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shadow Hearts 2/Convenant is a great game i passed it like a month ago. It was really good i think the whole dark plots of Shadow Hearts are pretty sweet. I'm glad they took out the Ring system that was in the first one,you know when you would have to push a door or something. Some of them were pretty hard and made my fingers hurt. But Shadow Hearts 2 is a very good sequel I like how it intertwines with some history and things. It's a definate buy i'd advise every RPG gamer to pick it up and the first one too.

Note* Yuri kinda dresses weird in the second one looks like he has boobs
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol the Wolf Bouts are awesome!......I like how Blanca and the wolves converse
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it just me or dose Flare's voice in Suikoden IV sounds alot like the same as Karin's? can anyone confirm if they are or are not voiced by the same person?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh sweet bippy I love this game and Joachim is officially the best character ever. "For Justice, this butt!" indeed. Oh, I wuv this game. I love it lots. I think this is tied for best PS2 RPG with SuikoIII in my mind right now. Sweet gravy, this game is so awesome. It's even better than the first one, which was a dang good game!

(And to my relief, the enemies are not nearly so creepy. Just so long as there's no dollhouse level I think I'll be good.)

I'm in Japan right now, stuck in that irritating maze in the graveyard. Grr. Stupid weird enemies. I'm a bit lost but I'm sure I'll figure out how to find my way through eventually.

I have a question, though - I've heard you can get extra stuff from having a Shadow Hearts one save on your memory card. I played through Shadow Hearts, but the data on my memorycard got corrupted and I lost the data. Is it worth playing through the entire game again just so I can get the new stuff? And do I have to start the whole game all over again to get it? What exactly is this stuff, and does it even exist?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you read the news story that there will be a best of version of this game released in japan for a lower price in march with new areas, monsters and gears? not sure about the answers to your questions but if you were to play though it again you might as well do it with the new one.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've avoided this topic until I could finish the game. All I can say is...I love it. Easily better than the first (which is still one of my favorites) and Koudelka (which I also like a lot). Now it's back to school and studying.:(

Sophita wrote:

I have a question, though - I've heard you can get extra stuff from having a Shadow Hearts one save on your memory card. I played through Shadow Hearts, but the data on my memorycard got corrupted and I lost the data. Is it worth playing through the entire game again just so I can get the new stuff? And do I have to start the whole game all over again to get it? What exactly is this stuff, and does it even exist?

From what I understand, you get some of the cards earlier, that's all. They didn't build anything special into the game for those who played the first.

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Oh sweet bippy I love this game and Joachim is officially the best character ever. "For Justice, this butt!" indeed. Oh, I wuv this game. I love it lots. I think this is tied for best PS2 RPG with SuikoIII in my mind right now. Sweet gravy, this game is so awesome. It's even better than the first one, which was a dang good game!

(And to my relief, the enemies are not nearly so creepy. Just so long as there's no dollhouse level I think I'll be good.)

Yeah2, i agree ! Many people that i asked if they've played this super-good game told me that they're not interested in dark RPGs with scary monsters like Devil May Cry. Look at how quite this topic is.

Damn, the jokes in this game are a lot better, either in quantity or quality, than Suikoden. I like this game more than any of Suikoden series. (Please don't ban me if you read this SARSadmin, i'm not in any of shadow hearts forum)

Sophita wrote:

I've read it from Gamefaqs, and it's said that only Japanese version of the game allow you to have some extras, like Stud Card of that gay acupunturer from SH1 (Meiyuan, i guess), and other little SH-cool stuff that has no impact on the storyline.

Anyone ready to discuss the ending? I still have something to clear about the good ending.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the jokes in this game, especially Yuri's comment about Andre. :D

On a side note, I found this movie link in Split Infinity's faq at gamefaqs. It's really funny. It's about 13 megs.

www.xenosagalover.com/shc/dancing_scene.avi

Death wrote:
Anyone ready to discuss the ending? I still have something to clear about the good ending.

I'd talk about it, but I don't think I got it.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

There is stuff that was unlockable in the Japanese version, but Midway took the junk out during the localization. So, for all intents and purposes, you can't do a data transfer.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn I was under the impression this game was gona be kind of a collector's item with it being a very good game and not really mass produced, but now a $20 price drop... too bad, there goes another could be rare PS2 game gone to waste. By the way, Flare is so the same person that did Karin it's not even funny, it became kind of distracting at points when I am playing IV as I completely ignored what Flare was saying by focusing on the sound of her voice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: