Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shadow Hearts 2/Covenant
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Shadow Hearts 2/Covenant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People seem to like creating threads dedicated to upcoming RPGs, so I thought I`d follow suit. So...are anyone going to pick it up? I`ve been looking forward to it for a long time...I enjoyed the original(even though it could have been better), and the sequel seem pretty good from what I`ve read. It`ll be out in a week in America.

For those who don`t know, Shadow Hearts is an RPG which is set in an alternative Earth in 1913, complete with lots of occultism, demons and other weird stuff. It was a fairly refreshing concept, and it also has a good combat system, based on timing attack. A bit like Legend of Dragoon on the PSX. It`s a sort of pseudo-sequel to an ancient PSX game called "Koudelka". I think I should stop there for now...

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Y'know, a few of my friends were telling me I'd've liked the original Shadow Hearts (mainly because they associate me with "death," per se). Is the second one a direct sequal picking up from the original title or is it pretty much a stand alone game? ;P

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a direct sequel that takes place six months after Shadow Hearts. Yuri/Urmnaf, the first game's main character, is back as the lead role.

I'm definitely picking it up. I've been waiting a long time for it.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AAh, in that case I won't be picking it up and will probably just look for the first game when I get the time to search, the money and the time to play video games again. :) I still have Wild ARMs Alter Code F to pay off and Suikoden IV to look forward to. That and so much school still left *Twitch* Not as much as if I were still in highschool but it's still quite a long while to go (mid May I end ;P). And with the possibility of summer school... (this way I can be done most of the general education requirements and take two languages simultaneously next year so I can have 3 years of both German and Japanese ;P)

I'll probably check out some pages online about the first game and if I like what I see I'll pick up both games at the same time. :) And worse comes to worst it still can't be as bad to me as "Dinosaurs for Hire" (for Sega Genesis) or "Dragon Valor" (For PSX).

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for it. I have it reserved at the moment.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin: If you live in the US, I`ve read that you get a free copy of the original Shadow Hearts if you preorder the sequel. So that should solve the money issue, at least.

And I`m happy to see that there are others here looking forward to the game! :)

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wauit for this game, i ahve it pre-ordered already... Only 7 more days to go (or 8, because it takes a day to ship over here to Canada). I've been trying to find Koudelka ever since I first got Shadow Hearts 1 (since it was quite new, paid full price >_O when you can get it around $10 now) But i haven't had any luck at all.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It`s not hard at all to find Koudelka...try eBay. I recently bought a copy myself, and I`ll pay through the entire "trilogy" when SH2 arrives. Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&it em=8133246454&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It seems easier to find a PAL copy, though...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Shadow Hearts 2/Covenant Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
People seem to like creating threads dedicated to upcoming RPGs, so I thought I`d follow suit. So...are anyone going to pick it up? I`ve been looking forward to it for a long time...I enjoyed the original(even though it could have been better), and the sequel seem pretty good from what I`ve read. It`ll be out in a week in America.

For those who don`t know, Shadow Hearts is an RPG which is set in an alternative Earth in 1913, complete with lots of occultism, demons and other weird stuff. It was a fairly refreshing concept, and it also has a good combat system, based on timing attack. A bit like Legend of Dragoon on the PSX. It`s a sort of pseudo-sequel to an ancient PSX game called "Koudelka". I think I should stop there for now]...

sound's good i guess and i have played Legend of Dragoon and loved that ssssssooooo i'll think of it
(-.-)
C((")(") (Y)
(-.-)
C((")(") (Y)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Casts Mother Ocean and resurrects topic*

I bought my copy from eBay today! :D
I`ve been playing Koudelka while waiting for it. It`s a nice game, though very short(got to disc 2 in one day), and the battle system is a bit sluggish.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Compared to the awesomeness that is Shadow Hearts, Koudelka is like a kick in the proverbial balls. Seriously, I wouldn't reccommend this game to anyone. Shadow Hearts and Koudelka, while set in the same world, aren't to dependent on one another. If you want to know the whole story behind Koudelka, look for a synapsis, or just ask someone who had the patience to finish it. I bought the game, and got to a certain part where you fight your party's doubles, and never continued.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
Compared to the awesomeness that is Shadow Hearts, Koudelka is like a kick in the proverbial balls. Seriously, I wouldn't reccommend this game to anyone. Shadow Hearts and Koudelka, while set in the same world, aren't to dependent on one another. If you want to know the whole story behind Koudelka, look for a synapsis, or just ask someone who had the patience to finish it. I bought the game, and got to a certain part where you fight your party's doubles, and never continued.

I`m sorry, but I have to disagree there. I`m on disc 2, a fair bit past that point, and I`m enjoying the game. It`s fairly untraditional, and very different from Shadow Hearts, but a good game nonetheless(IMO).

As I said earlier, the battle system is a little on the slow side, but it works fine. It depends on your expectations, though. If you don`t expect a run-of-the mill RPG(not that I have anything against those, mind), and are willing to get used to the battle system, you should have a good time. The story is good, and the voice acting is surprisingly solid. The graphics are very bad, though, but that isn`t such a big problem.

Just out of curiosity...which parts didn`t you like?

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picked this up earlier. Seems like a great game, but I still hate the Judgment Ring.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just picked this up earlier today, and I'm loving it (<insert annoying McDonald's song>) though I'm only 2 hours in.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku wrote:
I just picked this up earlier today, and I'm loving it (<insert annoying McDonald's song>) though I'm only 2 hours in.

You`re lucky...I haven`t got it yet. My copy was shipped today. It doesn`t matter too much, though, since I still have to go through disc 4 of Koudelka and Shadow Hearts 1 before I play it.

I`m really enjoying Koudelka, by the way...if you can stand the battle system, it has a truly original and compelling story. It`s really different from your standard RPG stuff. I warmly recommend it, as long as you have a bit of patience for the slow battles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: