Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What Is Life?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze Silven

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: What Is Life? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

read first.

What is life? As I ask this question the answer stares at my right in my eyes: life is the years of torture you go through. Life is the cold, cold blade that stabs you in the heart, and then heals you. At times you think you've had enough or when you're about to pull the trigger, something good happens. Something that you think goes further as to pull you out of the pit of sorrow, hate, and even despair. But, then again, you always end up slipping right back down almost to the point to were darkness seems to surround you like Succubus' arms, ready to torture you again.

Now you sit there thinking, "What does he know about life? He's too young tu understand." And mostly, I agree. Except for one thing: I know about life because I was forced into the horrifing reality at a very young age. I know of other people who have witnessed it as well but they have not noticed the effects it has on themselves.

I know that some of you have been fortunate enough not to have witnessed this reality. And so you will most likely deny that this is how life is, and for that I do not disagree because the life you have is all you have experienced. I base this on my experiences as well so I am sure my point of view will probably change over time.

But there! There is the thorn that has been stiking in my side! That thorn is Time. Have you ever noticed that elderly people seem to be at peace with themselves and almost look forward to death? I think the reason for this is that they think that they have seen every thing and are getting tired of seeing the same old thing, over and over again.

When we are young, we don't want to die. We don't want to die because we have not experienced enough and want to know everything. take buying a game for example. when you hear about this new, exciting game, we go out and buy it. after we have played it and beat it, we cast it aside and look for a new game to play. And when those who have come close to dying, they become unsatisfied with their accomplishments. This is because as they think they are dying, they look back on their life and realize that all they have accomplished has become insignificant(whether to themselves or to others). I am not afraid to die, but living is a survival instinct we have developed since the early age of Man.

That is why I ask, " what is life?" I will always ask this question because as I experience more things, I will give myself a different answer each time.

But as life goes on, we experience more things and become bored with daily life. I have come to accept this and even expect it. Life is like alcohol and we are addicted to it.

To conclude this I say a common saying that goes, " Life isn't fair."
I wrote this because I wanted to know what other people think on what life is, and how it effects them.
or until I die
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: