Suikoden United and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Art of Palm Reading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mist

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: The Art of Palm Reading Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one knows for sure where palm reading originated. It's known to have existed since ancient time in China, the Middle East, India and Greece. By studying a persons' hands, it is believed you can surmise quite a bit about their health, hygiene, nervous habits and possibly even pick up clues about their occupation. Here's just a few of what the hands tell us.

General appearance of the hands:
The study of the shape of the hands is known as Chirognomy.
- Square-shaped hands: these people have strong powers of reasoning, but they're off-set by a lack of idealism. They are stubborn, but they are also patient and have a strong respect for the law.
- Round-shaped hands: it is said that these people are creative, but also impulsive and impatient. They are open to new things but bore easily.
- Large hands: people with big hands are analytical, perhaps even too much so - they can spend so much time on every little detail of their lives that they lose sight of the big picture.
- Small hands: people with small hands are thought to be the exact opposite - They grasp the big picture and could not care less about details.
- Long, skinny hands: these people are cautious - They carefully consider all options before deciding on a course of action.
- Hairy hands: if a man, it means he's capable of change. If woman, it means she's capable of being a man... (Just kidding! :mrgreen: ) it actually means she's capable of extreme cruelty. If a man's hands are completely hairless, he's a cowered. If a woman's hands are, she's feminine (Well, Duh!)

The Palm:
- Wide, open palms: both tolerant and generous.
- Narrow palms: unkind, lacking sympathy for others.
- Soft palms: lazy.
- Firm palms: active, straightforward.
- Thick, chubby palms: self-centered.
- Hollow palms: lacking courage and character.
- Lined palms: it's simple. The more lines the more sensitive the person.

Finger 'N' Palms:
- Long palm, short fingers: impulsive — the smaller the hand, the more impulsive they are likely to be.
- Long palm, long fingers: strong attention to details.
- Short palm, long fingers: too strong an attention to detail, obsessive.
- Short palm, short fingers: impulsive and obsessive. (bad combo!)

Reading Between the Lines:
Studying the lines of the hand or palms is called Chiromancy.
- The life line:
This is line crosses the palm diagonally across from the base of the thumb.
- A long, broad life line with few other lines crossing it is an indicator that the person is likely to live a long life. If it's short, narrow and crossed by many lines, the person is likely to be sickly and their life may be consequently shortened.
- Lines that cross the life line are indicators of past, present or future troubles, and if the cross occurs at the very end of the life line, it means they will die a sudden death.
- A double life line is an indicator of tremendous strength, but if the life line ends in a fork, it means the person will lose much of that strength in later years.
- The Heart line:
This line starts below the pinkie and crosses the palm horizontally.
- The heart line measures your potential for love and affection. A long, board heart line means the person is very loving and idealistic. A short, narrow heart line indicates they are selfish, and devoid of passion.
- A heart line with many branches means that they will make many friends in their life.
- According to some palmists, a person without a heart line is a person without a heart.
-The Head Line:
This horizontal line begins above the thumb, running horizontally across the palm.
- This line is supposed to be an indicator of intelligence: if it is well formed, the person has strong powers of concentration... but if it intersects the life line, they are insecure. (You just can't win!)
- A long line means a person can concentrate well; a shorter line means they tend to focus only on subject that interest them. A short, straight head line means they have a lot of common sense.
- If the person has two parallel head lines, that means they put as much energy into personal pursuits as they do to their careers. And if the head line forks into two or more lines, it means they are capable of using their intelligence diplomatically. (In other words, they are good liars!)

Finger lickin' good:
- Thump: a person with short thumps is stubborn, long thumbs indicate strong sense of purpose. Straight thumbs indicate generosity while crooked thumbs indicate selfishness. Index finger (pointing finger): short index finger means the person is irresponsible, if it's long they are domineering. If it's straight, they are of good character. If it is crooked, the person has little or no self-respect.
- Middle finger: a long middle finger means the person is very cautious. Short: always in a hurry. (if the person is gesturing with their middle finger, they are just aggressive and rude)
- Ring finger: if it's long, the person is greedy and materialistic (10Karat diamond anyone?) if it's short, they are prone to gambling.
- Pinky finger: if the finger is long the person will do well in life; if it's short, they'll have difficulty making ends meet. A straight pinky indicates the person takes advantage of opportunities that come their way; a crooked pinky means the person lacks vision.

Now these rules are not set in stone... and it's really a case of do the lines describe the people? Or do the people describe the lines? You can decide and tell me about it.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it also depends on judgment of how the hand itself looks. I mean when browsing the list I saw square vs. round shaped hand. I'd say mine probably fall into the square but I'm betting someone would tell me they're more round than square (they're somewhere in between so it's all based upon a person's perspective). Sure, I've heard many of the traits associated with the traits given by hand shape/size but, again, it's not hard to say, "Well, I'm definitely stubborn because x amount of people told me so." (This example goes for myself since I'm called stubborn very often).

I can see how it's possible that some of it may hold true - it all boils down to whether you want to believe in mysticism or not (or however you want to phrase it, sorry if I offend anyone by using that terminology). I used to really be into magick and divination at an earlier stage in my life so I have looked through these things. It's fun to look through but I wouldn't say live by the words that have been spoken unto you. Just because your hands may be shaped a certain way won't mean you'll always be the same person your hands predict. Yes, a lot of the traits will be held by the person - but I simply always found that it was too vague to make conclusive statements. *Shrugs*

But speaking of palm reading - in my sophomore year of high school a little over two years ago, I went to a 'psychic' named Miss Anna with a few friends. We all wanted to check it out and to see what she'd say. Well, I was the only one to get a reading done because the friends I had at that point in life were chickens! :) I still love them though. Now, obviously a lot of these people are just into it for the money. I believe I read somewhere dealing with psychic powers that you shouldn't use your gifts for money unless you are in need - in other words, not for profit.

So this 'psychic' tells me that I'm going to get married to a pretty wealthy and intelligent guy and that I would become famous for a discovery... so if you ever hear the name Jennifer A. Schanke associated with a famous physics/science discovery you know it was true. ;P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thank you TheAngelicSin for your reply... I really appreciate your opinion

As for me I do not really believe what any psychic or palm reader would tell me... still at the same time I know that we are born with our own destiny... so this what made me ask how many of you believe these stuff.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's really scary, practically every thing mentioned above was right about me.

I've got the heeby jeebies now....
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, nice story Angela. Now that i know your name, i'll hunt you down! Just Kidding!

I had palm readings from some people who were close. here are my findings:

I sister of my friend told me that i will have a relatively short life, that i will live to be between my 50's and my 60's. And she said that she wold live to be a hundred...

From one of my cousins, she told me that i will my married to a woman who will not love me (or that i will be married to a woman whom i won't love).

She also told me something else that is very interesting. When reading that line of intelligence, she was not entirely sure, but only says that my brain is divided into two! Yes, my Head line has a fork in the middle. One path goes out straight, and another is a bit close to my Life Line. Looking at the info given my Mist, i guess i'm both able to concentrate and be insecure....But what my cousin said was that i have two intelligences....I got multiple personality.... :?

And then, when i align the heart lines of both of my hands, my friends told me that i will have a very hot wife! Yay for me! That is, if i actually believed it.

Palm reading is fun to hear, but not for actually believeing.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really not too hard to find out about people ;P I basically use this username everywhere - and a lot of people know my name. >P And I already have a band of chipmunks stalking me ^^;

;P [/Straying off topic]

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Art of Palm Reading Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mist wrote:

Reading Between the Lines:
Studying the lines of the hand or palms is called Chiromancy.
- The life line:
This is line crosses the palm diagonally across from the base of the thumb.
- A long, broad life line with few other lines crossing it is an indicator that the person is likely to live a long life. If it's short, narrow and crossed by many lines, the person is likely to be sickly and their life may be consequently shortened.
- Lines that cross the life line are indicators of past, present or future troubles, and if the cross occurs at the very end of the life line, it means they will die a sudden death.
- A double life line is an indicator of tremendous strength, but if the life line ends in a fork, it means the person will lose much of that strength in later years.
- The Heart line:
This line starts below the pinkie and crosses the palm horizontally.
- The heart line measures your potential for love and affection. A long, board heart line means the person is very loving and idealistic. A short, narrow heart line indicates they are selfish, and devoid of passion.
- A heart line with many branches means that they will make many friends in their life.
- According to some palmists, a person without a heart line is a person without a heart.
-The Head Line:
This horizontal line begins above the thumb, running horizontally across the palm.
- This line is supposed to be an indicator of intelligence: if it is well formed, the person has strong powers of concentration... but if it intersects the life line, they are insecure. (You just can't win!)
- A long line means a person can concentrate well; a shorter line means they tend to focus only on subject that interest them. A short, straight head line means they have a lot of common sense.
- If the person has two parallel head lines, that means they put as much energy into personal pursuits as they do to their careers. And if the head line forks into two or more lines, it means they are capable of using their intelligence diplomatically. (In other words, they are good liars!)

The lines mean different things on the left and right hands right? I eremeber someone saying that the left hand tells about your personality and the right hand tells of your future....or something like that. And then another person was saying that the right hand shows all the good things about you, while it is said otherwise about the left hand.

One more question. My life line is split into two different lines. When it starts above my thumb, it starts going down, which seems normal, but it ends in the middle of my palm. And then another line runs from the bottom of my palm and goes toward, but does not merge with, my heart line. It's two different lines, but i think they represent my life mine. What does it mean in the world of Palmistry?!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

- Ring finger: if it's long, the person is greedy and materialistic (10Karat diamond anyone?) if it's short, they are prone to gambling.

No escape from this one I guess..... either a gambler or greedy.

What is defined as long or short? Looking at my hand I would say my ring finger is about 2/3 the length of my palm from just below my ring finger to the base of my hand. Without a comparison I would have thought that is about an average length? What would you say? I don't really want to freak people out at work by staring at their hands for minutes at a time mentally measuring and comparing their finger lengths...

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what happens of somone has no hands? or has extra fingers? what do you do then?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was told also that if your second toe is longer than your big toe, then your wife would dominate you. I, unfortunately, fall under this category. i'm so scared :(

Would that be called toe reading? :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: