Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 'Patch'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Suikoden 'Patch' Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know anywhere the PC game might be obtained? Or is this just a rumor?

I'd like to try my hand at patching and see if I can't tweak my own version of the story, collecting fav's and whatnot.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe only S1 was ported to pc, right?
As for getting it, aside trying to get it off E-Donkey or something like that, i'm clueless. And honestly, i don't think you'd have much luck there anyway.

All the way to the edge of this world
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll have to have a look. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to look into conversion and scripting. A friend of mine says he can 'rip' (assuming that means transfer) some files from a PS2 disk to his computer and from there, maybe we can open them up and learn how they were built, modify, build, etc. It'd be a time consuming process, but I think it would be well worh the time and research to be able to tweak some effects, add some story, and basically, just explore the suikoden world on the programmers level. Lots of insight in that world, I imagine.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh boy, that takes more work than you'd imagine. Take a look at these groups that make fantranslations of games. More particularly, look at the one that is trying to translate to english the PSX version of Tales of Phantasia. They've been at it for a couple years now, and just recently they managed to crack the code properly to finally be able to modify stuff without making it a bugfest.
And that's on PSX only.

So, yeah, it is considerably more difficult than one would imagine at first.

All the way to the edge of this world
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds great, if you`d be willing to put in the time and effort. But instead of searching for the PC version, try using an emulator like ePSXe(sp?).

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II has a PC version, but in Chinese only.
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know a few programming engineers, (sadly, none of which speak fluent Chinese, or who are even remotely interested in Suikoden--to my knowledge, anyway.) so I've seen the frustration levels that accrue as a result of pulling out strings of code, writing, re-writing, placing, misplacing, etc. Honestly, it probably wouldn't go much further than a hobby for me, but I did some work with some friends of mine and we made a fully functional 'mod' for a PC game called Baldur's gate, based on a couple of old games from the eighties. One was called Dark Tower, and the other one called Dragonmaster. It was not easy, and my role was primarily in creative supervision. The only real hands on programming I had was with entering script lines, and a few lines of code here and there when everyone else got bored. On reflection, you might be right. Doing it ruined all three games for me after all was said and done (though I still plunk in BG once in a great while)
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i take it the pc port is only in japenese?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: