Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Exercise, Sports & Fitness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Exercise, Sports & Fitness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right, I haven't seen a thread about this anywhere on the forums and I was a little more than curious.

What forms of exercise do you guys do to keep in shape or just for fun? Anyone on a team of some sort, or a sports club? :)

Personally, I used to be on a swimming team during my Junior & Senior years of highschool - my latest event having been the 500yd freestyle. In college I just found the pool yesterday and began to swim again - although my stamina has greatly decreased since I haven't been working out too much and haven't swam since mid November or so. And gaining a little extra weight doesn't help much...

I also run/walk around campus a lot now and I used to lift free weights at home. :)

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loce to swim. My favorite, and probably best event is the 200 meter backstroke, but I am getting better at the 100 breaststroke, I'm gaining on some of the faster people in the league. ^^ My coach has come to depends on my for the 100 butterfly, but I'm really not that great at it, I usually end up getting around 5th (out of the 6 person heats), but hey, nobody on my team swims butterfly too well... :roll:

I also play tennis, I'm not bad... I can beat my parents... not that big of an accomplishment, I should really play for my school to see if I'm really any good at tennis. ^^

I also golf, but I suck at that, so it doesn't really count. Though it's fun to play.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, yeah I can't do butterfly to save my life. ;P I never learned it properly no matter how much my coach tried showing me how to do it. I was always stuck with 200 or 400yd relays and endurance events such as the 200 or 500yd freestyle. I was going to be placed into a backstroke event once but I ended up sitting out that day.

Very few people on my swimming team knew how to swim well with the butterfly stroke. It's very tiring and the same four people usually got stuck doing that event for the individual and IMs.

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I go running about once a week and that about does me.
It's only like 4-5 miles, but it's not like I'm trying to lose weight or anything.
Jebus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Normally I hate sports and exersize and would never in my life do either of them, but I found out a few months ago that my Uni has a Fencing Group that offers lessons. That has been about the extent of my sports life.

Now if I can just find someone to teach me to use a bow/crossbow then I'm set.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not exercise very much, but I do plan to start. I always like to play sports especially when I am playing defense.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ahve been one to try all sports. Swimming, i love to swim, but i haven't been swimming for the past 2 years! But it's like riding a bike, once you learn, you can never forget.

I play basketball, but now, not so much. I just have it lying under my desk. Uni work sure does take alot out of you...

But i had to lose some weight and get some muscles. So i go to the gym. Yay. I try to go there as much as possible, going at least 3 days a week. but again, uni work comes first.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Percival

Go Go Power Rangers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay, swimming is the best all-around cardio exercise. I've been doing it for 10 years now... it really keeps you in shape. If not, I usually jog or do sit ups and stuff, just to counter all the video game playing XDD
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1138266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play tennis, or used to, haven't play for far too long. I don't think I was all that great, but my friends and I would often play full length (up to five sets) games or one set games. I'd probably be pathetic at this point, but that's to be expected after not having played the game for so long.

I walk quite a bit, but that's more of a necessity than simply for exercise... no car. (yet)

Sometimes, during breaks at work if the weather is agreeable, I play a bit of basketball. Usually just games of 21, but even that can be a bit of a work-out if you've got to keep chasing the ball down.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play basketball, and soccer/football quite regularly until 3 years ago when I start to live in Australia. Basically I'm not in the mood anymore because I didn't bring/own any soccer boots, so I can't play here. I'm too cheap to buy one btw. LoL. Not too many friends like to play basketball either, so I'm not able to play as often as I would like it to be.

No stamina whatsoever right now, I tried using the gym in my apartment and the next day my body was all sore and it hurts badly. Gave that up, though probably I'd use the gym once in a while again someday in the future. So basically the only training I have now is walking to my class and all that.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nowadays, it's nothing but weightlifing and cardio training for me. Work on different muscles everyday while stationary biking everyday for 15 mintues.

And no, I'm not big.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ahve been one to try all sports. Swimming, i love to swim, but i haven't been swimming for the past 2 years! But it's like riding a bike, once you learn, you can never forget.

Yeah but you sure do lose the energy you once had! For my practices in highschool we used to do ladders going up to 500 and back (meaning a set of 100 yards, followed by 200, then 300, to 400, up to 500 and then back down) Now I can only do 500yds for my whole self practice. I mean, the 500yd free used to be my event in swimming and I'd have to do that during meets and then sometimes a relay the same day. But it's only my second day back to swimming so hopefully by next month I'll be good to go again (Not that I'm joining a swimming club or team up here; I'd just like to be able to swim well and far :))

Eh, personally I am trying to lose some weight so it's not all about the love of the sport. ^^; I want my old jeans to fit me again! That and I'm going to try out cosplaying for a change of pace :) Sounds like it could be fun. If not... well I'll own an awesome green cape that I'll wear whenever I go out with my group of friends back in Brooklyn. >D Then we'll actually deserve the looks we get anyway!

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only real exercise I get is the occasional game of football or basketball and the times I get together with my friends and we commence trying to turn each other into pretzels in a friendly but competitive wrestling match. I have to agree with Diaz though in that I have the most fun when I play a defensive role and can get physical with someone, the exception being wrestling due to the fact that I always attack in that sport.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never exercised in my life except in gym classes at High School though I always asked the teacher to let me sit down and to tell the truth whenever they see me they just ask me to do whatever appeals for me because they know that I'm not going to exercise no matter what.

In Elementary School, I used to run all the time (we where could at that time... it's normal), so you can call that part of my exercise at that time.

Anyway, I never really cared about sport or about my fitness because I never really thought that it is needed in my case (something about my gene that won't let me gain any weight easily).

In any case, as someone else said before me; walking from one class to another is more than enough to make someone lose any unwanted weight or to make them in good shape.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to swim too, I LOVE swimming. havent been to the pool for a long time though.

I am taking self-defense in college right now, and we do excerise quite a bit. Self-defense is fun :D but I always have to worry about hurting my partner when we are practicing... -.-
If I can squeeze it into the schedule, I want to take tennis next semester.

The thing I really want to learn is Yoga :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: