Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite music of S5? *possable spoiler*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keiya

Deep Ground

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Determination ~Tragic Battle~
- it's the music that plays during your battle with Galleon, also during the time before you leave castle during the Godwin attack (when you try to go against Lyon and Sialeeds), and also during the time when Lymsleia tells Marscal and Gizel that she will lead the army (before the New Queen's Campaign).

The River and the Sun
- it's the theme that plays when Rahal and Roog light the torch during the Sacred Games, and also the theme when Raja and Kisara join you after defeating Bahram Luger's Fleet.

More theme as I progress the game. I also like all of the music during the scene where Arshtat and Ferid die.

|Your kind and gentle words can't heal me now. This body's only dedicated to the never ending fight.|
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the music was quite bland in S5, seems dull and uninspired to me.

Tracks like the Haud Village one just seem like the got a drummer and some dudes on steel pipe and let the tapes record spontaneously. :?

I did quite like the Yashuna Village track, added a bit of Chinese culture in there.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wes wrote:

Tracks like the Haud Village one just seem like the got a drummer and some dudes on steel pipe and let the tapes record spontaneously. :?

I think that was the point, though. Tacky music to match the tacky art. :D
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK here we go!

Wind of Phantom
Drought and Suffering
Recollection
Sorrow
The Knights
The Queen's Knights
Suspicion
Home Again
Rage Billows
Tension
Disquiet
Two Runes of Protection
Enter the Dahak
Moonlight Before Battle
A Will of Stone
Sadness
Despair and Hope
Beyond Sadness
Move Out!
Clash!
Oboro Detective Agency
Defeat
Tatics
Betrayal
Bitter Grief
Light Weeps in Darkness
Island Nations Admiral
Eliminating Pirates
Determination
Last Defensive Battle
A Flute by Moonlight
Recapturing Sol-Falena
A Tragic Request
Showdown
To Walk the Road
108 Futures
A World of Illusions
A Rhapsody in Dance

The music that's played during the 108 Stars ending first part
I also like the non-bonus tracks on the Limited Edition Music CD.

Well that just about covers it...
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Regrs wrote:
Wes wrote:

I think that was the point, though. Tacky music to match the tacky art. :D

That doesn't make it pleasant to listen to though. :)
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...lets see. Here are some of my favourites:

Life and Death -
The boss theme for later on in the game. Plays during the fight against Alenia, Zahak, Jido Guiso etc. An epic fighting tune, I love it

Two Guardian Runes
- plays at the East and West Palace. A very nice guiter tune

Moonlit Night
- omg so nostalgic! I was so happy to hear this again when I first heard it in a scene between the Prince and Arshtat

Counteroffensive
- plays during the retaking of Doraat and Sol Falena. A very epic tune that fits the events.

A Sad Wish
- played during the famous Fall of Sol Falena scene. Its...well...sad, and kinda happy at the same time. Can't quite put my finger on it

Bitterness
- A very dramatic piece. Plays when Norden exposes Barrows plot and Roy's famous "Defend the castle" scene

Move out!
- A big epic sounding pre-battle tune thing! Plays before taking the first battles with Barrows

Light Moaning in the Darkness
- plays during Nakula's recruitment and we learn more about Sagiri's past. I love this nice piano tune

Pirate Extermination
- I never realized how good Suikoden IV's battle theme was!

Despair and Hope
- plays after of the fall of Sol Falena and the Prince flees to Lunas and you see the Prince and co in their travel clothes for the first time. A very nice, sad theme

Yup, there's prabably a bit I'm forgetting, but I obvously love the sound track in this game
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Moonlit Night "

this is the song they always play the night before the final battle, and its my favorite

runner up: the alma kinan song in 3, "mysterious people"

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Favorite music Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Flute by Moonlight! That is absolutely lovely, even though I may have the name wrong. Anyone who has heard it will know what I mean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you're referring to The Sound of a Flute in the Moonlight Night, Athene. It is a great, nostalgic song.

Some others I enjoy are;

Wind of Phantom
A decent intro song, but not quite as good as some previous ones.

Life or Death
Emotional boss music that really sets the atmosphere for some later battles.

A Sad Wish
A nice song that played through a very memorable moment of the game.

Dancing Rhapsody
The only reason I ever had for willing sticking a beaver in my party.

Surrender
This song made me mighty and that I had really accomplished something when I reached that point in the game.

Solitary Journey
Another emotional song, but I don't think I ever heard it in game.

To End the Woven Tale of 108 Stars
This song was great. It helped me kind of overlook the unusual nature of what was going on at the time, and just appreciate that it was meant to be an emotional event or something.

Some characters might not be able to effect me emotionally as they did when I was much younger ie. Gremio, Pahn; but the music can still reach me.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theme of a moonlit knight was preety cool back in the day and its cool now. Leknaat's theme makes a return i was happy to see although as with her apperance it was short lived.

Someone told me that a new version of "Gothic Neclord" is in S5. But ive never encountered it, and im fairly certain its not on the OST.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that my favorite music tracks from Suikoden V has to be To the End of the Woven Tale of the 108 Stars in the Genso Suikoden V 4-disc set. In the promo cd my favorite track has to be Epilogue for a Prideful Heart.

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...I like the music that was played during the NbtFB...or Night before the Final Battle.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a bunch of favourites.

The Knights. The main guitar is unique and worldly, yet warm and familiar. I also like the percussion in the last half or so which reminds me of earlier games in the series.

Sorrow. One of the better sadness tracks that I've heard over the years, despite my usual distaste for Spanish guitars. Worked especially well on the world map. Good design choice for that section of the game.

The Two Guardian Runes. Fantastic solo piece. Strangely enough, this is one of a few different tracks which sound extremely similar to songs on the Persona 2 soundtrack. Anyone else get that vibe? It's even more noticable with Oboro's Detective Agency.

The Dahaka's Departure. Great upbeat theme, reminds me of something from one of Suikoden II's towns... unfortunately, it was criminally underused within the game. I can only remember hearing it once for under ten seconds.

Strategy. I like this one even more than Suikoden II's "Tactics" on which this track is based. I actually cheered when I heard this theme for the first time. Still makes me smile.

Pirate Extermination. I must be one of maybe a dozen people at most who found themselves nostalgic during the Nirva scenario. Oddly, I like this battle theme more than Suikoden V's standard. I still really wish that it was used more often, such as whenever Bern, Yahr, or Nelis are in the party. Oh well.

Counteroffensive. A great little tune. I think I purposely stuck around Doraat during the siege just to listen to this one for a little longer... but mostly to fill my inventory with ?Paintings. Could've been used more often, I thought.

Determination ~Tragic Battle~. One of my favourite Suikoden battle themes, and probably the best of Suikoden V's originals. However, I still prefer the version from the perorder CD. This could be one of the few battle themes which deserves its name; it actually sounds fairly tragic, and was used in tragic circumstances.

Future of the 108. Probably my favourite version of this ol' theme. Not much else to say about it, really.
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clash! - Definitely my favorite battle theme in the series, despite it being only over a minute long, and the fact that you'll hear it several times before a battle even STARTS (since it plays while you're setting up your units).

I like the remix of the S4 battle theme, and I wish it'd play every time you have the INF characters in your party (like how the music changes with Cornelio or Muroon (?) )

The Tactician is one of my favorite character themes ever.

Others I like -

The Counterattack
As Powerful as the Sun
Scars of Destruction
A Tragic Request
Two Runes of Protection
City on the Water

among others....Personally I think SV has the best soundtrack in the series overall.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the "A Flute by Moonlight" music. It is actually my favorite music out of the entire series. It sounds so peaceful and blissful. Whenever I feel mad or something, I just pop in the Suikoden V disc and listen to this music. It immediately makes me feel calm and happy again. I remember I even slept while still playing the game when I first heard that theme.

There are other themes in Suikoden V as well, like "Recollection," "Sorrow," "Soothing Nature," "A Strange Bunch," Enter: Euram Barows!," "The Fools," "Calmness," "Kidding Around," "Oboro Detective Agency" and the classic Narcissist theme, "Josephiiine!" among others but none of them are as memorable as "A Flute by Moonlight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: