Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Strategist(Speculate here!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in wrote:
owh i understand now. that will be a good suggestion but there some many story splting rigth.if u chose option one u will have a story and u chose option 2 u will have another story. that make storyline complicated.

It would be very complicated, but then again, games these days are getting more complicated. If they took their time and didn't ruxh they would be alright. The thing that would bother me is the fact that that typ of game wpuld probably be bad for the series, cause a lot of people probably wouldnh't buy it.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ermm it depend to buyer perhap, well then we just have to wait what type of strategist well come out

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Lelei? Maybe a descendent of hers depending on when the game takes place but if it takes place in the S3 era it can be an older Lelei. I think they placed her in S5 to set up her as a strategist in a future game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A winger would make for a surprisingly interesting strategist. And no, this just isn't the stupid winghorde fanboy in me talking.

The fact that they're a survivalist race stands as something for them since your army is always forced into a bind in the earlier parts of the game and a race that specializes in finding ways to simply live would surely have a lot of interesting knowledge when it comes to strategy. Sure, it'll probably be filled with guerilla tactics and what not, but isn't that what most Suikoden strategists do anyway? (Except for Lucretia and her I CAN SEE THE FUTURE plothole powers)

Besides, I'm all for diversity too. Some changes would do the series great.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think that having non-human strategist would be interesting, but I don't think a Winger would do. While I agree with you that Wingers seem to know how to survive, I think they're more like "We'll survive based on what Wingers can do" and not exactly on a full-scale army consisting of mainly humans. So it might be proving to be too difficult for a winger to do that kind of strategizing. Not to mention that wingers in general don't really show interest in learning about war strategy and stuff.

shuxion, regarding Lelei, it's possible if it's her descendant. But if it's Lelei herself, I doubt so because returning characters can't change the stars. And therefore Lelei cannot occupy that whatever star the main-strategists (you know, Mathiu, Shu, Lucretia, etc) occupy. So I don't expect Lelei to be the main strategist in the future.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although there is a small precedent for Konami ignoring this, in a sense.

Tuta, in Suikoden III, became the main doctor for the Fire Bringer, and Mio was his nurse but because Tuta was the assistant medic in Suikoden II, they just put Mio in the traditional chief medic spot and Tuta remained in his old slot, despite the 'promotion' between games.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doctors are different though. I mean, they don't even have a proper "helper star" in Suikoden I (Fukien is not a nurse hahaha). So that alone is enough to see that the doctors' stars are not to be taken as important as the strategists.

On the other hand, the strategists always kept the main strategist for the Tenki Star (woo, I did a bit of research now) as shown by Mathiu, Shu, Caesar, Elenor, and Lucretia sharing the same star. The appearance of Apple in 3 different Suikoden games and the fact that she never got promoted kind of supported the idea even further.

However, I'm a bit bummed that of all people, Cius got the 'third strategist' star in Suikoden V. Previously occupied by the likes of Leon Silverberg, Klaus Windamaier, Albert Silverberg, and Tanya. Leon, Klaus, and Albert would probably feel insulted. While Tanya isn't a big-name strategist herself, but at least she showed some interest about the strategy bit by wanting to be Elenor's apprentice. But Cius, come on ... =/

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but it's a potentially get-out point if Konami, for some reason, desperately wanted to make Lelei the chief strategist in a future game (Why?) and at the same time not give me four simultaneous heart attacks.

Apple never got her promotion, however, not because of any divine rule, really, but because Apple is the omnipresent "I'm decent but there's 50 strategists better than me. In this room. Right now." type strategist.

As for Cius. I blame Suikoden V's writing for that, not Cius himself. (Although he IS an annoying little git.) I mean, if you're going to say, in game, that Cius learned from Lucretia as Lelei did, at least have him suggest strategy. Just once. It doesn't even have to be good!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
I would think that having non-human strategist would be interesting, but I don't think a Winger would do. While I agree with you that Wingers seem to know how to survive, I think they're more like "We'll survive based on what Wingers can do" and not exactly on a full-scale army consisting of mainly humans. So it might be proving to be too difficult for a winger to do that kind of strategizing. Not to mention that wingers in general don't really show interest in learning about war strategy and stuff.

Okay. So maybe my fanboyism will rear it's ugly head here but let's pretend that isn't so...

True that they're also a very self-centered race which makes you doubt what they can do but if the game does take place post-Suiko II, I'm sure that relationships between races are better and that the race would've opened up to ideas on how the others work. If it did occur pre-Suiko II, the survival instinct would probably even stronger than what they have now.

Not to mention that strategically, the race has it's own benefits over the others. They have access to human weaponry and abilities, scouting skills perhaps far surpassing dragon riders, excellent beast-like stamina and force of will. In fact, the only thing I really think that they don't do anything decent at would be magic (Which they suck at. Except for Sid and the Darkness rune because he is t3h secks)

Taking into account the fact that Suiko V has finally moved away from the entire Silverberg tradition, it seems feasible that a character with a personality different from the traditional strategist will happen. Maybe a more gritty, less 'elegant' strategist specializing in more 'secretive' methods would surface. Such as taking a more aggressive stance and taking more lives in combat, which would probably conflict with the hero at the beginning, allowing for some development plotwise later on.

Admittedly, I'm pulling most of this out of my ass but I'm really, really tired of male, human characters taking all the good spots.:/

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for Cius. I blame Suikoden V's writing for that, not Cius himself. (Although he IS an annoying little git.) I mean, if you're going to say, in game, that Cius learned from Lucretia as Lelei did, at least have him suggest strategy. Just once. It doesn't even have to be good!

I could be wrong. But I think it was Cius who did come up with the "There are intruders in the prison. Go check it out, guys" strategy to get rid of the Godwin soldiers who were nearby the ship just in the front side of Agathe Prison. Hahahahahahha. It wasn't even a good one. But it was something after all =( so sad.

Quote:
Admittedly, I'm pulling most of this out of my ass but I'm really, really tired of male, human characters taking all the good spots.:/

Well Apple was present in the first 3 Suikoden games, while Suikoden IV and V both have female as the main strategists. So I don't think male, human characters are taking all the good spots anymore when we're talking about strategists.

By the way, Artificity, off topic a bit, I have to say that I think you have one of the best regiment type names in here. Awesome. Good job on that and have a pat on your back ^^

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll admit I was really just about to put human characters in there, but I was also frustrated at all the tenkai's being male as well so I simply had to tack on that part. I do admit overlooking how females are more often the strategists or connect to the strategist in some way. But really, all I want is Suikoden to take me by surprise and do something drastically different but still end up being the same Suikoden I love. Suiko3 and getting the option to see the story as the Bishop was awesome and it didn't drastically alter the game. A change of character types would be the same.

And shh... Dear Leader might hear you. :D

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with having a non-human Strategist (or ANY other big role, especially "the main character") is that non-humans are the minority in the Suikoden world, and they don't seem to ever like humans all that much because the obvious difference between the two races. Therefore, it would not make much sense if the non-human character suddenly turned to humans and even lead them. Remember that Kirkis was hated by the whole village just because he asked for humans' help. That's just the way it is in Suikoden world.

That's why whether you like it or not, humans will always be the main character of Suikoden games. However, this is not to say that non-humans can't have a rather important/big role as shown by Sgt.Joe and Chiepoo.

Quote:
And shh... Dear Leader might hear you.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA dang you for being too funny. I now have to wipe my monitor because I was drinking when I read that.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also don't think that a non-human character would take the chief strategist spot in Suikoden games. As Black Pesmerga said, non-humans have some sort of racial problems with humans. If ever they would be the main strategist, I would personally think of that particular character as someone who's totally out of the picture. He/she just won't fit well in the world of humans and their own businesses.

But it has been proven that non-humans also can have an important role. It might take some time for them to take the main strategist's spot, but it's still a small possibility. I, for one, am very interested if non-humans take the Tenki star. It's just that I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I also don't think that a non-human character would take the chief strategist spot in Suikoden games. As Black Pesmerga said, non-humans have some sort of racial problems with humans. If ever they would be the main strategist, I would personally think of that particular character as someone who's totally out of the picture. He/she just won't fit well in the world of humans and their own businesses.

But it has been proven that non-humans also can have an important role. It might take some time for them to take the main strategist's spot, but it's still a small possibility. I, for one, am very interested if non-humans take the Tenki star. It's just that I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

I think that the fact that non-humans and humans don't get along very well in the Suikoden world would make for a rather interesting play on the strategist rolle. Like the strategist(being a winger, kobold, etc) could detest humans, but for some reason has to help them in the war. Conflict between characters makes things more interesting, in my opinion.

And bless you for liking wingers, Artificity. I thought I was the only one ^_^.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the unannounced Suikoden 6 i would personally want Lucretia to make another appearance in the game. It will be fitting for her as a way to continue her journey across the Suikoden world. Her ending in Suikoden 5 states that she has ''slipped away in the night'' making a chance that she will be in the next game to be the tactician for the next hero.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: