Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pesmerga Geddoe...One and the same?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Pesmerga Geddoe...One and the same? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I should clarify my stance on the whole thing. I don't neccessarily believe that Geddoe IS Pesmerga, I just think that its a possible plot twist. The only reason (which I don't blame you for wanting to debunk me, you probably know the game more thoroughly than I do) I imagine this possibility is that he seemed to have some sense of familiarity with Yuber beyond the superfluous encounters. Remember when he said that he was there in the first war? It seems they have some kind of history. Couple that with the idea that Geddoe is super secretive, and I don't think its entirely out of the question. I'm not saying its the truth, or even that my reasoning is sound, but it would seem to me that, if I were Geddoe, bent on revenge, and the 'Strong, Silent Type', I might have appeared in a suit of armor a few years back. This, of course, may contrast with the official stance on the whole thing, but it just occurred to me that its not neccessarily impossible. Bearing in mind that Geddoe is runebound to extreme longevity, tell me that you can't see the possibility. :wink:
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....remember that Geddoe appear as himself at the first flame champion war.
Richmond said that "the guy in black's neither sleep nor eat", but we all know that in Suikoden III Geddoe sometimes went to the bar, for a few drink.
While Pesmerga had no estimated age, Geddoe's age is around 100.
Well, that's it.

Last edited by Kohaku on Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that Geddoe is Pesmerga. It is known that Geddoe is only 112 years old. Pesmerga seems to be much older than that. Not to mention that we kinda know where Geddoe came from and how he got the True Lightning Rune.(Even if it isn't detailed)

Plus, we know that Geddoe isn't hell bent on revenge. Geddoe had plenty of chances to off Yuber if he were indeed Pesmerga.

Although you back your argument well, this isn't the strangest possible Pesmerga sighting I've ever read. :wink:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I hadn't really thought about it, but, lets just take it that one step further...I know that some people must think this is utterly ridiculous, but bear with me. Geddoe never told anyone how old he was until much later in the game. How long had these people (the rest of the cards) been travelling together? Maybe its a whole 'alter-ego' trip for him, y'know?

Again, I don't insist on it being gospel truth or anything, just that I can see tons of possibilities for Geddoe and Pesmerga being a common entity. Geddoe was a pretty good actor when you boil it all down. Let assume he pretends to eat and sleep and all that, but doesn't. Does a true rune bearer need to eat and drink and sleep? How far does its gift of immortality extend?

All I'm saying is that its a possibility until Konami or someone official says 'No way in Hades', or until I'm disproved entirely by the series as it unfolds.

I study a little quantum physics here and there, as well as a few budding fields of 'quantum psychology'. Possibilities are real until they are made unreal according to some of the theories I've read. Possibilities are all the infancy of reality. Some live, some miscarry, and others are never manifest.

God I need a drink!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont see any blaring discrepancies with your theory(we don't know that Pesmerga is older than 112) that would disprove it.

The thing about Geddoe appearing in the first Fire Bringer War doesn't seem to mean anything in relation to Yuber. I don't think Yuber was in the Grasslands during that time, the only reason he came in the Second Fire Bringer War is because he was hired by Luc who wasn't even created yet at that time. He was probably travelling with Windy at that point.

I wouldn't believe in the theory mainly because Geddoe doesn't seem to be the type to care about revenge. Their personalities just don't mesh at all.

It would be interesting to see if Geddoe had known Yuber before the Second Fire Bringer War though. They'd both been around forever, and involved in lots of wars....
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see what you're trying to get at but at the same time I don't see how they could be the same entity. Geddoe seems to be a little... well... more informed. How often has Pesmerga gotten good leads? ;P Then again, we really don't know Pesmerga anyway...

Ack, can you explain that quantum physics point you're trying to make? As an intended Physics major here at UB it's really getting to me every time I see something about physics and don't understand what the speaker is trying to correlate. ;P

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is about as plausible as the 'kogoro is pesmerga' theory. if they are the same, then why is there no mention of pesmerga holding the tlr? true rune holders are always revealed during a game; this didn't happen in either sI or sII.

having a true rune bearer that really isn't a main part of the plot doesn't make sense, since they tend to have a definite influence in how things turn out storywise; pesmerga was little more than a fleeting side story, who, if you didn't meet up with him in the first place, wouldn't even have that much going for him.

then there's the issue about the eye and not chasing yuber around; pesmerga is supposedly after yuber, yet geddoe shows little interest in him besides fighting when he has to...and ged's missing/has a damaged eye, where pesmerga has both eyes from what we've seen.

you need more plausible evidence to prove that; there is no canon supporting this theory, so whether you choose to continue to believe what you think is immaterial-by canon, they are two different people.

i could say that geddoe is a turnip and pesmerga is a radish, but it doesn't make it true.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since everyone seems to have forgotten about this:

Pesmerga is a Teni star.

Geddoe is a Tenjyu star.

Enough said,

All the way to the edge of this world
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, what about Luc, he didn't reveal his rune until S3 and he didn't have an important role until S3.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but Luc shared the same star throughout all 3 games. A character's star doesn't change. Albeit they are not one and the same.

Also Luc did reveal his True Rune in Suikoden I and II.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is my personal opinion that Geddoe and Pesmerga are not in any way related much less the same person. I believe that Yuber may in fact be some sort of demon incarnate only taking human form when it suits him and I believe that Pesmerga is his opposite. By summoning a demon incarnate you summon his opposite kind of like a cosmic counter measure. It's way of keeping the balance of the universe so the pure evil of Yuber is counteracted by the hidden pure good of Pesmerga. If we were going on religious terms say the devil were to send a demon to earth to counteract it god would send an angel to "fight it". But I dunno im just rambling now and spouting off random ideas.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I to don't beleive that they are one in the same, because nothing really adds up.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than the different stars as mentioned by Alseid, the characteristic of Geddoe and Pesmerga seem to be different as well (Pesmerga being oh so silent while though Geddoe wasn't the loudest man on earth, he's still not *that* silent at all).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

sybillious, what about Luc, he didn't reveal his rune until S3 and he didn't have an important role until S3.

while that may be true, he also didn't change stars, as has been mentioned by alseid and fliktor; that in itself is a defining point, as for him not having a major role, supposedly guarding the tablet was a big enough role, which he did in sII. he also didn't change rune types, which pesmerga has none at the beginning, while geddoe has a lightning, just like luc did.

luc also gets a small part in sII to attack sasarai, so he does have some importance *albeit limited* in sII.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc is definitely an important character in Suikoden 2. As mentioned by sybillious, the use of True Wind Rune to attack Sasarai's unit (though optional), and later on in the game, his role as well in recapturing Muse (though later proven to be a trap instead) about the Golden Wolves.

Sure that the role of Luc wasn't *that* big yet, but I consider Suikoden 2 to be the seeds of the plot in Suikoden 3. S3 revolved around Luc, but the signs had been vaguely shown in S2 through the interaction between Luc and Sasarai.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: