Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Murayama's Back....with a new game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Murayama's Back....with a new game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to gamespot, Murayama (writer and director of Suikoden 1 and 2) is coming out with a new game this winter, called "Farewell to the Moonlit Night." Among other things, he left Konami to form his own company.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/08/news_6106952.html
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow.

That sounds absolutely magical.

I want it ;_;

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, awesome news! I love the name too, Blue Moon Studio hehe. Definately a company to keep our eyes on.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Read this old thread for more info.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=901&start=15
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dying with one shot eh? I rerember a NES space shooter game like that.
6 minnutes with in the game my jaw drops and I'm stupifyed to find that I blew up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, this new game should be very interesting. I can't wait to get it.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I realized that the game's visuals didn't have to be quick to convey the thrills of gun battles and getting killed with a single shot...

While the developing team is like a dream come true, the concept of a slow action game doesn't sound too good to me....well, at the very least it should be interesting.

All the way to the edge of this world
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems like it will be interesting game. I might get it when it come out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting indeed though I cant really say that 3d action games are really my personal prefrence in gaming I would not go so far as to say considering who made the game that I will more than likely try it at least once and then judge it for myself. Now anyways thats great that he has gone out and started his own game making company after Konami and him broke ties.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040917/tuki.htm

This is an article about Tsukiyo Ni Saraba, but it also includes tons of screenshots. It looks cool!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its looking cool. Although im not a big fan of action games i just might gie this one a look.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh boy, looking at the screenshots, I'm definitely not interested at all. LoL. Action games like that are just not my thing though I don't mind watching my cousin playing them.

What I don't like with the "slow motion to avoid bullets" thingy is that in the end it feels like it's the same as having slower bullets coming at us but we just have to press a button to do so. The "once shot dead" thingy would for sure destroy me. I'd probably be dead in the first 15 minutes of the game, well 45 if I'm lucky enough.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although action games really aren't my kind of thing, Murayama is involved with it so I may try it out sometime. Plus, some of those screenshots look pretty cool.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not big on action games either, but if Murayama's the writer and director, I think it's a safe bet that the story is going to be good. I hope it gets released in North America.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slow Wolf wrote:
I'm not big on action games either, but if Murayama's the writer and director, I think it's a safe bet that the story is going to be good. I hope it gets released in North America.

From the way it looks I doubt it wouldn't be released in the US. *Shrugs* In my personal experience most of the guys I've spoken to, since there are very few other girl gamers I know, seem to love action games. I sent the link to a few of them and they said they'd love to get it if it came out here.

Personally I'm not one that gets too interested in games outside the RPG genre often, although RPGs aren't the only type of game I play... but this looks like it could be interesting :) I'd probably pick it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: