Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Pesmerga/Yuber Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's pretty good, except that I don't think Pesmerga would be trying to kill Yuber if they were once friends. That's a bit extreme.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really. They misudes runes, so their contenance has changed. And perhaps friends was too kind a word... more like comrades.

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I would agree with Yvl. I we did see them in the same armor in Suikoden 2, and I don't think you can find that kind of armor laying on the stree, if you know what I mean. I think they were once members of the same order of knights.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what is confirmed by Konami we know Pesmerga and Yuber:

a) Are not human.
b) Not of the human Suikoden world ("from another plane of existence").
c) Don't make any noise with the exception of their voice.
d) Yuber has the True Rune, the Hachifusa Rune (Eightfold Rune).
e) Pesmerga has "unfinished business" with Yuber.

What we think:

a) They're from the same place (not confirmed, but it's probable).
b) The battle between Pesmerga and Yuber will end the Suikoden world - this was first stated by the creator of Suikoden, but he has since left the development team and we can't really take what he said as canon.

What we don't know:

a) Why Pesmerga is after Yuber.
b) Why Yuber craves Chaos.
c) How Leon and Albert Silverberg "summon" Yuber.
paolomiguel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you seen Pesmerga's eyes? :)

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

paolomiguel wrote:
Have you seen Pesmerga's eyes? :)

Nope, we haven't I don't think.
paolomiguel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ok.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Hayashi said, we know that Yuber and Pesmerga suppose to look alike. Yuber has a True Rune called the Eight foldl rune. Pesmerga is described by Richmond as a shadow pretty much. The rune isn't called Eight fold for nothing. Eight Fold means eight multiplied by eight. From what I can draw from all that is that there are eight Yuber copies in the World of emptiness. To prove that he is the real thing Pesmerga is trying to kill those copies and finally is trying to kill the real thing which is Yuber the one possessing the rune.

I get all this from Richmond's description of Pesmerga,Konami's Description of them both, and what is seen in Suikoden 1 and 2. As for the rune making eight exact copies of the bearer, most True Rune represents its name quite well. The Circle Rune represents order and stagnation. The cycle of life is commonly referred to as a circle. Orderly, but repetitive and therefore stagnant. The elemental runes are obvious. The Sun Rune has nurturing and destroying aspects just like the sun. Without the Sun life as we know it would end, but too much Sun is deadly. The Gate rune summon the dead back to life once and can open the connection to the other worlds as seen in Suikoden I. The Punishment Rune punishes its bearer for using its power to much and traps them with in itself. These are only a few, but the point is that they represent what they are called almost perfectly. It is not so far fetched to say that Eight Fold multiplies itself or its bearer by eight.

The killing part is usually what artificial life or clones usually try to do so that they can be considered the real thing.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rune of Corruption wrote:
Like Hayashi said, we know that Yuber and Pesmerga suppose to look alike. Yuber has a True Rune called the Eight foldl rune. Pesmerga is described by Richmond as a shadow pretty much. The rune isn't called Eight fold for nothing. Eight Fold means eight multiplied by eight. From what I can draw from all that is that there are eight Yuber copies in the World of emptiness. To prove that he is the real thing Pesmerga is trying to kill those copies and finally is trying to kill the real thing which is Yuber the one possessing the rune.

I get all this from Richmond's description of Pesmerga,Konami's Description of them both, and what is seen in Suikoden 1 and 2. As for the rune making eight exact copies of the bearer, most True Rune represents its name quite well. The Circle Rune represents order and stagnation. The cycle of life is commonly referred to as a circle. Orderly, but repetitive and therefore stagnant. The elemental runes are obvious. The Sun Rune has nurturing and destroying aspects just like the sun. Without the Sun life as we know it would end, but too much Sun is deadly. The Gate rune summon the dead back to life once and can open the connection to the other worlds as seen in Suikoden I. The Punishment Rune punishes its bearer for using its power to much and traps them with in itself. These are only a few, but the point is that they represent what they are called almost perfectly. It is not so far fetched to say that Eight Fold multiplies itself or its bearer by eight.

The killing part is usually what artificial life or clones usually try to do so that they can be considered the real thing.

I wonder, how can you kill a shadow?
Rune of Corruption

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beat them. Like the ghost you fight in Neclord's North Window Castle or the shadow wrestlers you fight in the sewers under the Winger section of Two River. Not to mention those phantoms and mirages you fight in the Kolbold village and the lands around Rockaxe.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beat them. Like the ghost you fight in Neclord's North Window Castle or the shadow wrestlers you fight in the sewers under the Winger section of Two River. Not to mention those phantoms and mirages you fight in the Kolbold village and the lands around Rockaxe.

Well I always thought of Yuber and Pesmerga as invincible.So the other shadows are perhabs much more weaker?
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can say that. Remember the Mirage monsters which looked like Yuber and Pesmerga? They looked like the both of them pretty much, and they acted like how Yuber did -- teleporting and attacking. I guess if this shadow issue is indeed true, then we can consider the Mirage monsters as Yuber's shadow, but they're obviously weaker than he is.
Rune of Corruption

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What led you to believe that they are invincible? Hard to kill maybe, but not invincible. Those are examples of shadowy creatures that you kill of course they are weaker than Yuber or Pesmerga.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:

Well I always thought of Yuber and Pesmerga as invincible.So the other shadows are perhabs much more weaker?

Whys that? Yuber always runs away after a fight and got beaten up by Geddoe and his team in Suikoden III, in which he runs away again afterwards.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it hard to believe that Yuber or Pesmerga is invicible. Given that Yuber can be injured - he's not running away from every fight just to have fun - I would say that it's likely that he can be killed. If he were invicible, why does he run away anytime there's a chance he could be killed? If Pesmerga is immune to death, why does he need to pal around with others in his hunt for Yuber?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: