Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

dot Hack games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenko Star

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got partway into the first game, then gave up. Got tired of having to move the camera in battle to see what I was fighting. More than a few cheap deaths deep-sixed it for me.
Otherwise I didn't think it was a bad game story-wise, but I have a low frustration tolerance for games.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:

I also don't like the fact that if you plan a female character, you are either:

- Constantly hit on
- Constantly asked if you're really a man
- Constantly asked to cyber

ahahahahahahahaha
*dies laughing*

No, no, don't worry. It's still the same thing. The other day someone tried to "kiss me to death." Quite sad, really. Also, after I left a party, someone asked my friend if I was really a girl.

Good times. Kinda.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maken wrote:
hayyyyyy , did anyone finish the last dungeon ?? I know many people have missed it or died before reaching the 15th floor .
15th dungeon? you mean the dungeon after the credits roll?

yeah I beat that last dungeon...it wasn't as hard an annoying as the other two dungeon which were practically filled with virus infected monsters >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i started a few hours into the 4th game...after a whole week of playing 1-3 i couldnt finish 4...only becuz it got really repetitive...and i hated the fact that the game was broken into 4 parts...yet each new additional parts had no upgrades!!...nothing visual or gameplay wise...maybe sum new weapons and grunties...but this game could have easily been on one disc...

ill finish it one day...i made it this far...ill hate myself for not finishing it.

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whell I have decided to finish the game and I have gotten all four parts preatty cheap. Oh and about real MMORPG I do not like the idea of giving my credit card number and I have a slow internet conection, but when I get a better job do you think I should? I did want to play Final Fantasy XI.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They really shouldnt break .hack into 4 parts. That is so obviously an attempt to squeeze more money out of this game.

I played RO as a female priest, so I know what you mean. Some guys act like they have never seen a real girl in life, its actually pretty sad...
A while ago I was reading a newspaper article about gender issue in online games. Some guys that play with female characters said that they would often get gifts and offered to help them level up from other guy characters, which is kinda nice (but also can be annoying), but they also got so many flirking and sexual harassment which they found VERY annoying. I just found that article kinda funny.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm stuck near the end of part 1...it's so damn repetitive. The story itself is good, but it drags so much it's as if there is no story at all. Just a string of random dungeons...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Gwendal, I wouldn't say the games are based off of the .hack//SIGN anime, rather the .hack story is a multimedia experience, where the backstory of the game is explained during .hack//SIGN, resolutions to the anime occur within the games and the fallout is, more or less, depicted in the .hack//Legend of the Twilight anime. The .hack//LIMINALITY OVAs which accompany the games are essentially events in the real world during the course of the games.

I've also heard about a novel titled .hack//AI BUSTER which is set before any of the anime series or games, but whether or not it'll be translated into English is anyone's guess. It could be the .hack equivalent of Suikogaiden.

I'm currently on the second game, but like so many of my other games, I get sidetracked and can go months before I pick it up again. While it means I end up finishing the game long after many others have, I'll still have stuff to play while waiting for the next big game which catches my attention.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Elc"]
I've also heard about a novel titled .hack//AI BUSTER which is set before any of the anime series or games, but whether or not it'll be translated into English is anyone's guess. It could be the .hack equivalent of Suikogaiden.
/quote]

The order of the series is

AI buster(novel) -> SIGN (anime) -> .hack games and OVAs -> Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (manga)

AI buster doesnt really tie into the games so much though, its more tie in with the manga.
I would say the OVAs are the Suikogaiden, since the OVAs happen at the same time in the real world as the games, so it is the side stories of the games. AI buster is the prequel of the series.

1862 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has eny one heard info on a mmorpg baised on .Hack

spoiler in black.

p.s. At the end you get an e-mail from Aura when you beat he dungeon you get Mai Helba and people from .Hack Sign in you'r group!
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread before. The .hack games are some of my faviorite games of all time. I just really enjoyed how the games tied in with the OAVs, anime, manga, and the novel. It created a real sense of cohesiveness. I also really enjoyed the simulation of a pc that they did. It made the game seem more realistic since it had all those news stories, some of which were relevent and others not so much. I also loved being able to customize your desktop. I used Mac Anu theme for the majority of the time and had Kite and Blackrose 2 for the background until Quarentine when I switched to one of Natsume.

Oh anyways, there has been three new ones announced. There hasn't been too much info released on them so far. They will be longer then the four original games though. The general premise, of the first game, is that The World has been overrun by PKers since the time of the Manga(I think a three years time). The main character is a PK Killer called the Terror of Death(Skeith's title) who seems to be a combination of a Twin Blade, HeavyBlade, and a LongArm(is that what a spear user is called, I forgot). Towards the begining of the game he gets data drained by an AI(or at least that is the belief) that looks like an evil Kite. There have been seven other characters that have been referred to as the titles of the other seven phases(Mirage of Death, The Rebirth, ect). The exact connection between them has not been made clear yet though other then the name. So is anyone else interested in these games?

Quote:

It was recently translated(I think in the last couple of months). I bought it off of Amazon, but haven't had time to read it yet.

Quote:

AI buster doesnt really tie into the games so much though, its more tie in with the manga.
I would say the OVAs are the Suikogaiden, since the OVAs happen at the same time in the real world as the games, so it is the side stories of the games. AI buster is the prequel of the series.

I think he was referring to the novel not getting translated not the time that it takes place.

Also AI Buster does tie at least a little into the games because it has how Balmung and Orca beat the One Sin which is how they became so famous. However I don't know about anything else in the novel.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i never knew there was dot hack thread... Oh well.

I got 3 of the 4 games at the same time (Christmas) in 2003 and i was really excited about it. And i did like it. I mean it was simple...you go to a wooded area 10 or 20 levels higher then your level. And..level up. Easiest leveling up i've ever done. So the game was a breeze. I used that concept with all my characters and bought weapons went through endless dunegons. But by the third game there was no change. And with so many random dungeons and quests you sometimes *have* to do, i honestly lost interest in the story---was there even a story? I cannot for the life of me, remember anything but the beginning.

I stopped on the final game (Got it for my birthday) just grown sick of the repetitive play. I got so messed up with all the servers and the everyday random enemies owning my butt in just about every dungeon i went to--nevermind they were 20 levels below. Then the virus cores made it the most *frustrating* game ever. So yeah...i won't be touching that game for another year or two. It gives me nightmares of boredom. *Especially* the 3rd one.

The game is a dungeon crawler. I disliked it very much. It was boring, bland, crappy voice acting, just gaaaaaaaaah....Where was the story? I watched everything of hack and have the manga but i just didn't see it. I think too many *quests* (HINT) made me miss it.

Give me a Shin megami tensei game anyday. Those were the best RPG's i have ever played in my life.

I did enjoy it, the hack games---but it could have been one game instead of all the random other things thrown into it. I was really *really* looking forward to Sora. Good idea overall---but dulled by weak gameplay with no changes. I get more joy just watching the hack twilight bracelet anime.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The order of the series is

AI buster(novel) -> SIGN (anime) -> .hack games and OVAs -> Legend of the Twilight Bracelet (manga)

Don't forget that Liminality occurs at the same time with the .Hack games, but in the real world.

Quote:
Also AI Buster does tie at least a little into the games because it has how Balmung and Orca beat the One Sin which is how they became so famous. However I don't know about anything else in the novel.

AI Buster chronicles the story of a sort of Mod/GM of The World, which he encounters an AI character similar to Aura. The character is in fact a sort of prototype of Aura.

By the way, has anybody watched a .Hack TV special called "Let's Go We Meet Offline" or something?
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played all 4 of them, though I ddin't finish the last one, every single story dungeon needed me to go out and search for virus cores :x Though I do plan on getting .Hack//GU and I've seen all of .Hack//SIGN, read all of .Hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILLIGHT. Did everyone know that're actually maing an online game of .Hack?
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only like the show on tv and the little videos the game came with.. I rented the secound and then gave up.. The video was pretty cool though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: