Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Moments to mute the TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm, I got really annoyed with Final Fantasy Tactics's music for random battles and ended up muting it every time I played.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding FFX: I didn't have a problem with the voices in this game, except the actor for Tidus did seem a bit "over-enthusiastic" at times. The laughing scene you all mentioned is awkward, no doubt, but I think it fits in with the story at that point, with Tidus learning the truth about Sin and all. So I thought it was okay. Overall, FFX had great voice acting. No complaints here.

Blasphemy000 wrote:
EA Sports Madden has many mute moments. "I wouldn't even call that a run. That's more of a limp up the middle." -- after the first week I don't even play the game with any volume.

*mashes teeth to anything said by Madden*

Filipe wrote:
Now there have been several games where the music for the game itself drove me so insane that muting it would be the only option. However I cannot remember any of them specifically off hand right now but I am sure at some point later I will remember at least one of them.

Suikoden IV's over-world music got pretty irritating near the end. Usually every game has one track that I can't stand, like the Kobold theme in Suikoden II. *cringes slightly* I think Vandal Hearts 2, while a great game, had a lousy soundtrack from top to bottom. I usually mute it the entire time whenever I play it.

Other than those examples, I'm pretty much okay with most music in the games I've played.

Traz wrote:
Any game where you are forced to fight hundreds of random battles in a row to progress somewhere. No matter what game you are playing, this gets to you very quickly. This is a time when I usually 'mute' my TV. Sometimes even with a hammer or brick.

Well, I dunno about the hammer or brick part, heh, but yeah I'm pretty much the same way. Anytime when I have to hear the same loop of sounds over and over again, like exiting and entering maps, or constantly fighting and having to hear the same music track and series of grunts/random phrases, I usually mute the TV.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: