Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Release date for FFVII:AC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF 8 movie ?? hmm , that will be a great hit , and who knows maybe Tetsuya Nomura is planning for that after he finish advent children , anyway final fantasy 8 finished with a happy ending .... dammit , I wish everybody died .

Last edited by Maken on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriousy doubt that will happen...FF8 didn`t do that well(AFAIK) compared to some of the other FFs, and it`s perhaps the most disliked game in the series along with #9.

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I seriousy doubt that will happen...FF8 didn`t do that well(AFAIK) compared to some of the other FFs, and it`s perhaps the most disliked game in the series along with #9.

I had the impression people liked FF8. Whoever I ask here loves FF8 but despises FF9. Personally, I'm an FF7 person but people like me are a dime a dozen.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

who is she ????

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/ff7-ac/ss-035.jpg
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Marlene.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marlene ??? :? :? SORRY , I don't remember her , please remind me of her .
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marlene is Barret's daughter.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh Marlene now I remmber , I totally forgot her :) :)
yeah you are right , she looks like her .
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ragingchaosgod wrote:
Gwendal wrote:

I had the impression people liked FF8. Whoever I ask here loves FF8 but despises FF9. Personally, I'm an FF7 person but people like me are a dime a dozen.

FF8 is a game that you either worship it, or you absolutely hate it.
Actually, I wouldnt hate this game if it wasnt called a Final Fantasy. It is a good game on its own, but I expect something better for a FF title. Esp. after FF6 and FF7, 2 revolutionary great game.

You obviously have not been to GameFAQs -.- if you think FF7 fans are a dime in a dozen... Suikoden fan IS a dime in a dozen, but not FF7.

There is a reason why they choose to make a movie for FF7. Because it is their best seller, ever.

I am not really sure about this movie... but I still have a small interest in it, with all the characters returning and what not.

So, Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Cid, Red13, Yuffie, Barret, Reno, Rude, and even Marlene are returning in the movie. Thats about everybody... Anyone wonders where Elena (the blonde female Turks) goes?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, 8 and I have a love/hate relationship. I range from passionate hate to the absolute NEED to take up the controls of that stupid angsty teenager. which then leads back to the hate.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, despite it being my favourite FF, I never really cared much for most of the cast in #8. I dislike nearly everyone with the exception of Squall, Quistis, Rinoa and Laguna`s team. I also agree with everyone about the scene at the end of disc 2 was a bit lame.

What makes me like the game so much is the setting/world. For some reason the setting usually interests me more than the characters in fantasy games and novels. It was the first FF with actual nations, or at least nations with a bit more depth than the Evil Empire. Even though Galbadia has definite traces of this, it still feels more developed to me. I love how the world is so like our own, making it easy to relate to, but different at the same time. I also like the architecture and decorations on things(Balamb Garden, for example, is beautiful!). There are also so many locations I like, and so many small details which added depth to the world. Such things are the encyclopedia in the tutorial, or the names given to all the regions of the world map. They were actually realistic, instead of [Insert nearest major town here] Area. Or the magazines. Most people might not even notice, but such attention to detail really enchances the game for me.

A modern RPG was also refreshing, at least to me. I`d call the game more "modern" than outright sci-fi. I also liked a lot of the concepts, such as the whole millitary school thing, and they way that magic was actually developed through science from real Sorceress magic. I also liked the Laguna sequences a lot...I was so confused the first time. :)

I agree about most of the characters being lacklustre, the love story a little cheesy(even though it`s touching to watch Squall transform), and don`t get me started on the combat system...it`s so easy to abuse it`s not even funny. You can either get ridiculously powerful ridiculously early, or struggle horribly the entire game(if you rely on GF summoning rather than card playing and Junctioning). But I still love the game, despite all that. Oh, and the game also contains "The Oath"..one of the most beautiful pieces of gaming music ever created, IMHO.

Whew! That post became much longer than I`d intended...I`ll shut up now. :)

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loathe FF8. I hate the magic system. I hate the cookie-cutter plot. I had the plot holes. I hate the weapon's system. The only things I do like in it are Irvine (who I originally hated but has since grown on me), Fujin, Selphie, and Quistis. Ultimately they weren't enough to keep me interested. I really don't like Squall at all. Scratch that -I hate him. Boring jerk. Only good thing about it technically is the soundtrack has some nice pieces.

On the other hand, I'll never know why everyone hates FF9 because that was, IMO, the best of the FF franchaise.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lessee.... personally, I despise FF9 due to the childishness of it all. Visually, it was appealing but there was something about it I don't like. I can't quite place my finger on it.
FF8, it was more of graphics rather than plot. There wasn't much to it and the romance thing tasted like plastic at the back of my mouth.

FF7 had a plotline at the least and a bishie to drool after. XD
I really wanna watch!
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aah, I forgot to mention the graphics of FF8...I really like the more "realistic" look.

Anyway, I`ve also had some trouble understanding the hatred for FF9. It was really ultra-traditional, maybe a little too much, and it has my least favourite cast of any FF. Stupid Steiner, the extremely ugly-looking and no purpose-serving Amarant and Eiko, a 6 year old for crying out loud. And don`t get me started on Quina...worst videogame character EVER, as far as I`m concerned. Zidane, Garnet, Vivi and Freya were cool, though.

But I still like the game. It might have been a little too traditional for it`s own good, but it was still a fine, solid RPG. The chocobo mini-game was the best in the series IMHO(that and Blitzball, but Blitzball gets extremely tedious after a while).

EDIT: One thing struck me...Sophita, why do you hate FF8`s weapon system? It`s fairly similliar to Suikoden`s...the part finding can get a little annoying, I agree, but it`s fun to be able to get the Lionheart on Disc 1...:)

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I loathe FF8. I hate the magic system. I hate the cookie-cutter plot. I had the plot holes. I hate the weapon's system. The only things I do like in it are Irvine (who I originally hated but has since grown on me), Fujin, Selphie, and Quistis. Ultimately they weren't enough to keep me interested. I really don't like Squall at all. Scratch that -I hate him. Boring jerk. Only good thing about it technically is the soundtrack has some nice pieces.

On the other hand, I'll never know why everyone hates FF9 because that was, IMO, the best of the FF franchaise.

okay , we know that you hate every single thing in FF8 but that doesn't make him the worst final fantasy , I think FF9 was the worst FF I ever seen ... that is what I think , not because you said it was your best FF .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: