Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Juppon Gatana
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yumi was Makoto's lover, right? I keep thinking that her name was Ayame...

Well, my favorite character in the series was Saito Hajime. He was cool as the unpredictable, cynical and cunning swordsman, with whom we know to be absolutely up to par with Battousai (and we might not ever know, since their fight before the Shishio Phase began).

It was extra cool that he was based on an actual character. Milan should know this, i assume, but there was an actual Saito who led the 3rd Company of the Shinsengumi during the Meiji Revolution thingy. He was a policeman afterwards and he died in the early 1900's due to ulcers he got from excessive drinking and smoking. That's probably why it was added a little bit during the anime. I'm thinking of the scene in which he was conversing with the corrupt politician and he mentions that he shouldn't drink too much, or else he'll go off on a rampage or something. But i don't know about the "Kill the Devil immediately" philosophy. That was probably made up.

And it's cool to have a left handed swordsman. 8)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes he went by the name Fujita Goro when he was a police officer I believe. And here's a picture of him.

Also another fun fact, Takeda Kanryu the one who killed most of the Obiwanban in the show was the leader of the 5th squad of the Shinsengumi. He was one of the most hated people in the Shinsengumi and was later assassinated by none other than Saito Hajime, because he left the Shinsengumi and joined a group called the Ishin Shishi.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is interesting...
I think Saito was good too, but he wasn't my favourite.
And Milan, Yumi was a very important member of Shishio's group but she is not normally listed as one of the ten.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most likely because most people list the "Destructive Army" as two people instead of one, which leaves no room for her. But she is indeed considered to be one of the Ten Swords.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Most likely because most people list the "Destructive Army" as two people instead of one, which leaves no room for her. But she is indeed considered to be one of the Ten Swords.

How come? Why is she considered part of the ten swords if she can't even fight? I was under the impression that the ten swords are the best fighter in all of japan...
In my opinion, she's just Shishio's lover...

Oh, and starslasher, I agree, Saito Hajime is indeed one cool Guy. He's one of the memorable characters in the series. The way he dealt with Usui and his fight with Kenshee were awesome... :D

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Ten Swords is the name of the organization that is lead by Shishio. There are 11 members as I pointed out before, each joining for their own reason. Yumi joined because she is in love with Shishio. She has no fighting capability and is only t here because she's Shishio's love interest.

Houji is another case where he has no fighting capability but is still apart of the Ten Swords. He joined because he was disgusted with the state of affairs and he runs almost all of Shishio's affairs.

And it's quite obvious that they aren't the best fighters in all of Japan because they lost to Kenshin and the others. :P

Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the info!
Quote:

And it's quite obvious that they aren't the best fighters in all of Japan because they lost to Kenshin and the others.

....no comment....

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: