Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Quitting Vegetarianism.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it's a personal choice. Your views wont change anyone elses, and even years of medical research won't change someone who doesn't want to be a vegetarian into a vegetarian unless they WANT to be one.

that is exactly right! yay! *confetti*

Quote:

his main argument was always: "man evolved because we ate meat. There's a reason the food chain exists." and so on.

we were actually better suited to eating meat before. our teeth became "flatter" and all that jazziness to accomodate for the increased proportion of plant intake, our canine teeth is what remain of our "carniviorous" ways

and i'd like to say, i'm not nitpicking because i "Want to win" and think vegetarianism is the way, i'm pretty clear i think, it's up to everyone. yet in this topic, there's a lot of misinformation and scoffable "beliefs" and views, often bent to accomodate one person/groups ideas.

Quote:

I'm eating meat again. I've gotten sick twice

gah, that's just too bad! stick to home cooked goodness! when i occasionaly eat fish, i NEVER EVER eat from a take-away, chain or middle range or lower restaurant. it'd have to be 5 star, a place i love and patron often, or my mum's best! nothing less would do! i think if there way any "weening" to be done, it should have been from home to public eateries, you just don't know how clean they are when preparing it! I am really sad to hear that you've gotten sick though, that sucks!

Quote:

I think that as long as you balance between these things (vegetables and meat) you will be fine;
i don't agree with this! it doesn't have to be meat/vegetables. of course, everything in moderation, and meat/veg combination could be seen as optimal, but it can only be that way if you are okay with eating both of these. i can live perfectly healthy without meat i believe (lots of other people have done it before too), and that atkins guy would have you believe that you should cut out vegetables and stuff and live well. i guess so long as no one holds another to a diet they don't want to be a part of, then everyone should be happy, live and let live, blah blah. ♥♥ :mrgreen:
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

what is a sea fruit? I straining to translate it into well, my english...the closest thing I can think of is a mer-banana but they don't exist, and sea cucumbers are animals.

Ahm, sorry, my mistake, I translated the portuguese word incorrectly... meant sea food, fish, shrimp, squid, octopus etc etc
Nice comment btw..

And I'm not trying to defend vegetarianism or saying that meat is "evil". I'm just saying that it's quite possible to live without it, and that there's no need to quit it just because of lack of nutrients and protein. I't only a matter of choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: